How do you clean your hats?

Started by Pat Dilling, June 05, 2022, 08:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Dilling

I have several once perfectly good hats, that are no longer perfect because of sweat stains.  How do you guys clean your hats?
thanks

Pat
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Fun4me

Dishwasher. I use a plastic ball cap washer (purchased online). You can pre treat the hat before you put it in the dishwasher if you choose (for tough stains), and I use a non bleach, non citrus based dishwashing detergent. I run it on a normal cycle, warm but not hot water.  I find a bowl that fits the inside of the hat relatively well and dry the hat in a place that has some air circulating, or I will just set it in front of a fan.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Fun4me on June 05, 2022, 09:09:37 AM
Dishwasher. I use a plastic ball cap washer (purchased online). You can pre treat the hat before you put it in the dishwasher if you choose (for tough stains), and I use a non bleach, non citrus based dishwashing detergent. I run it on a normal cycle, warm but not hot water.  I find a bowl that fits the inside of the hat relatively well and dry the hat in a place that has some air circulating, or I will just set it in front of a fan.
X2

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Oldfart9999

I've got so many hats I really don't worry about it. A well stained hat is the mark of someone who has priorities, be outside not inside worrying what your hat looks like. lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

apenland01

I used to do dishwasher, but now I have a front loader washing machine, so I just toss it in with the laundry.  No dryer, just put it on my head for shape and let it air dry...

Princeton_Man

I use OxiClean powder. About a 8oz to a gallon of water and let it soak for a couple hours. Nothing I've found works better.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Pat Dilling

topdsm0138

I just throw mine in the washer on cold, with a little oxy clean. Then air dry.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Donald Garner

I just throw mine in the washer and air dry it once it done.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

FlatsNBay

Just throw it in the washer then air dry. One word of caution that your hat may shrink after washing it a few times.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Pat Dilling

Quote from: FlatsNBay on August 22, 2022, 06:13:54 AM
One word of caution that your hat may shrink after washing it a few times.

Thanks
My hat tends to shrink after I catch a couple big fish  ;D

Hobious

i put my nasty hats in one of the knit mesh bags my wife puts her dainty things in.  and i just put it all thru the wash.

then i put them on the line to dry in the sun.  they get faded, yes.  but there is no more funk.  i wear a battered hat like a badge of honor.

bowhunter63

Washing machine on delicate. Let them air dry
Chasin bass and huntin bucks,life is good