Capturing "That" Moment

Started by Capt. BassinLou, June 25, 2022, 06:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldfront

perfect thread to get some folks thinking...

big g

(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

The end of another relaxing family day.

FD

Good morning Mr Kissimmee..

Sent from the very edge of civilization...where I belong

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Pat Dilling

I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Bud Kennedy

When a storm pops up out of nowhere on Lake Murray, SC

rb-nc

Got this one last week and it hit me like a ton of bricks. We didn't have any rain but did have some dew. Caught it out of the corner of my eye. Old Glory shedding a tear. With the way the country is summed up.

FD

Yesterday.

Larry Francis

Earlier in the week on lake Winterset. Believe it or not phones do not do it justice.
Molon Labe

Larry Francis

Molon Labe

FD

Cypress no filter

FD

New Lake X

FD

Good morning Hatch

BassmanRudy

While wading yesterday captured a dragonfly picking off a small bug on the water! Thought it was super cool!!

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on August 26, 2022, 01:24:26 PM
Florida Everglades

Wow, that is beautiful Lou!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

coldfront

Florida Everglades

okay Lou... I have to say, this reminds me an awful lot of Monet's Water Lillies...  matter of fact, I had the opportunity years back when on a trip to Paris (learning how to make french baguettes) to take the train up to Giverny and walk through the Monet estate and gardens.

Absolutely gorgeous photo.. and my point is:  in league with landscapes that have inspired one of the absolute greatest artist of all.

makes one wonder what he'd have been able to do with access to the Glades...
~c~

coldfront

couple from Saturday

a bit frustrating... as I needed to be able to change the focus (not possible on pointshoot phone camera)... that glowing bright spot had actual valley cuts, clouds... if I could only have changed the focal point.  still enjoyed it.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: coldfront on August 28, 2022, 04:20:46 PM
Florida Everglades

okay Lou... I have to say, this reminds me an awful lot of Monet's Water Lillies...  matter of fact, I had the opportunity years back when on a trip to Paris (learning how to make french baguettes) to take the train up to Giverny and walk through the Monet estate and gardens.

Absolutely gorgeous photo.. and my point is:  in league with landscapes that have inspired one of the absolute greatest artist of all.

makes one wonder what he'd have been able to do with access to the Glades...
~c~
Thanks CF. Happy you enjoyed the picture. As soon as I saw that shot, I had to take the picture. Such a pretty location.

Blacknredflake

A few from the Louisiana Swamp

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

Oldfart9999

A bit different, it's what happens with oldfarts. A place to start.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Oldfart9999

Starting at the launch, you can see we have low water also, just to the left is the access gate to the docks, there is just enough parking for the boat owners and not all of them. There is a county park parking lot just after the driveway up to the clubhouse parking, it's where I park when I'm launching my boat. The wall and stairs go up to an area with a grill and table by the meeting/party room. From the deck you can see the mooring area, the membership has gone from sportsmen to social, its mostly pleasure boats instead of fishing. The last I knew it was 300$ plus 10 hours of work to park a boat, it fills quickly and the folks that are there are mostly long term. Next is the main event, the bar, it's well stocked, there's a full kitchen which does get used for special events. There was a pig roast last weekend, there's a clambered coming up. Chilling and grilling ended last week, it was red and white hots and plain and cheese burgers, sometimes someone would bring a Mac or potato salad, baked beans and brownies and cookies. I could have 2 dogs, a diet Pepsi, and a salad or desert for 10$, can't beat that with a stick. The dock on the left is where I park my boat when it's time for lunch, to the left of that dock is an island I could get my boat around, not now it's overgrown with cattails.
That's the "CLUB".
Rodney

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.