July 2022 Home Front Activities and Carrying On's

Started by Donald Garner, July 01, 2022, 11:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 57 headed to 79 or so, partly cloudy, most days there are clouds, it's because of the big lake, dry, then a warm up, for the foreseeable it's temps in the 80s. Made it through Wegmans, not crowded so didn't have to run anybody over. Got some good news, no longer have an infection, Nurse Practitioner Hanna took a sample and sent to the lab, so I just have a hole that needs to heal up so it quits weeping fluid, all precautions are being taken to prevent another infection, the reason for the medical honey use.
Bud, too bad about the end table but good they did a good job on everything else. Any plans on floating the Ranger soon?
Donald, the grandkids should be on their way home under the guidance of Mrs.Bud, are you and Dwayne going to get a last fishing trip in? I got a late start to Wegmans but still finished the main shopping before the Sub Shop opened, it opens at 10:00, I paid for everything else, loaded it in the car then went back in and waited for the Sub Shop to open, must have the ham and cheese with mayo, lettuce, onion, olives and bacon dressed with pepperjack cheese, I alternate between pepperjack and American cheese. I worked it off at the gym, 15 minutes on the stairmaster and 4.84 miles in 30 minutes on the elliptical, I'm gaining on it there and my sugar numbers are getting better and better.
Have a great day and weekend, be well!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

topdsm0138

Good morning everyone. Hope all is well and looks like I have quite a bit of catching up to do.

Been busy at work and even working on getting a few Environmental Contracts for certain waterway restoration projects. Boss put me on those because I'm the one who knows our woods and waterways the best in the company. Wish me luck.

Have a great day and stay safe everyone.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

topdsm0138

And on another note, I come home to this nice notice a few days ago, seems I got another award. I'll just let you guys read it and see what you think. It's from where we went back to Bagram Afghanistan, picked all those refugees up, then flew them into Kuwait, for 3 days non-stop.

Bud Kennedy

Lots of jobs to do today.  Spent most of the morning cleaning the house and then a run to walmart to pick up some prescriptions.  Stopped at Chic Fil A  for some lunch and then back home.  Once home The wife mowed our lawn and I mowed our neighbors lawn.  Then like always take the clippings to the recycle center.  We are now done for the day and time to fix some supper.

Wife is making a couple of salads and I will be doing some Fettuccini Alfredo and a baked potato to go along with the salad.  So it was a busy day but not really too tough since the weather is still comfortable although the humidity remins on the high side.  We had some light rain this morning about 6AM.  Our drought conditions now have subsided and we are almost back up to normal but could still handle a little more rain.  We continue to expect afternoon thunderstorms for the rest of the summer bujt at least this weekend looks fairly nice before turning hot again next week.  I sure am hoping to get the Ranger back on the water next week.  Its has been a long time.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone,

We're still cooking here across Central Texas  :surrender:  Forecasted temps for our area are 76-103dgrs with 22% humidity and a S wind @ 9mphs.  There's still no rain in our forecast. 

Been busy finishing up the grandkids visit.  The wife took them back to Alaska Friday morning.  I went to Austin early this morning and picked her up.  Dwayne is packing his things up now.  I'm taking him to the airport Tuesday afternoon.  He starts his new life back up in Alaska by working on the North Slope.  He's ready to get that started.

Dwayne and I spent some time over on Belton Lake yesterday just cruising around.  I counted 6 guys out fishing and the rests were skiing, tubing or sail boating.  The water temps were 89dgrs - 92dgrs depending on your location.  There's nothing going on here for the rest of the day.

Bud; Sounds like a busy day.  Supper sounded good.  Our weather here has been just the heat with more heat.  I can't remember the last time it rain here.  We really need it.  The grass is all dried up but the weeds continue to grow.  I guess one day this week I'll get out there get them taken care of.  Hope you're able to get the Ranger out soon.  Since the grandkids were down here they wanted to go for boat rides.  The Stratos has gotten a good workout.  I've burned right at 64 gallons of gas through it in the past 2 weeks.

Top; Congrats receiving that  Humanitarian Service Medal.  Job well done during your deployment  ~shade  While your out on the water ways does your company provide you with water craft to operate during these missions?  Good luck with the new assignment I'm sure you'll enjoy working outdoors and out on the water.

Rodney; Tks for the health update that is all great news.  Glad to hear that your gym trips are going well for ya also.  Yes sir, the wife did a Battle Hand off of the kids back to their mother.  She spent the night up there and left late last night for her return trip back here.  Dwayne and I didn't get any fishing done yesterday.  We spent the time on the water just cruising around.  I let him run the boat we made the 32 mile round trip up to the Hwy 36 bridge and back.  The lake is getting lower and lower.  I only seen 6 guys out fishing everyone else was tubing, skiing or just out burning gas up like we were.

You guys and everyone else have a relaxing afternoon.  I hope the upcoming week is a good one for ya'll.  Be safe in your travels if you have to get out and about.

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

topdsm0138

Quote from: Donald Garner on July 17, 2022, 02:04:40 PM
Good afternoon to everyone,

We're still cooking here across Central Texas  :surrender:  Forecasted temps for our area are 76-103dgrs with 22% humidity and a S wind @ 9mphs.  There's still no rain in our forecast. 

Been busy finishing up the grandkids visit.  The wife took them back to Alaska Friday morning.  I went to Austin early this morning and picked her up.  Dwayne is packing his things up now.  I'm taking him to the airport Tuesday afternoon.  He starts his new life back up in Alaska by working on the North Slope.  He's ready to get that started.

Dwayne and I spent some time over on Belton Lake yesterday just cruising around.  I counted 6 guys out fishing and the rests were skiing, tubing or sail boating.  The water temps were 89dgrs - 92dgrs depending on your location.  There's nothing going on here for the rest of the day.

Bud; Sounds like a busy day.  Supper sounded good.  Our weather here has been just the heat with more heat.  I can't remember the last time it rain here.  We really need it.  The grass is all dried up but the weeds continue to grow.  I guess one day this week I'll get out there get them taken care of.  Hope you're able to get the Ranger out soon.  Since the grandkids were down here they wanted to go for boat rides.  The Stratos has gotten a good workout.  I've burned right at 64 gallons of gas through it in the past 2 weeks.

Top; Congrats receiving that  Humanitarian Service Medal.  Job well done during your deployment  ~shade  While your out on the water ways does your company provide you with water craft to operate during these missions?  Good luck with the new assignment I'm sure you'll enjoy working outdoors and out on the water.

Rodney; Tks for the health update that is all great news.  Glad to hear that your gym trips are going well for ya also.  Yes sir, the wife did a Battle Hand off of the kids back to their mother.  She spent the night up there and left late last night for her return trip back here.  Dwayne and I didn't get any fishing done yesterday.  We spent the time on the water just cruising around.  I let him run the boat we made the 32 mile round trip up to the Hwy 36 bridge and back.  The lake is getting lower and lower.  I only seen 6 guys out fishing everyone else was tubing, skiing or just out burning gas up like we were.

You guys and everyone else have a relaxing afternoon.  I hope the upcoming week is a good one for ya'll.  Be safe in your travels if you have to get out and about.

Nah, I use my own boat. But they pay a "Rental Fee" for it (Basically get the client to pay for company use of it.) and they pay for the fuel to boot. That Suzuki sips fuel so I usally end up with almost a full tank afterwards. Get paid hourly, get paid for the use of my boat, get a full tank of fuel and I get to throw a few casts as well..WINNING!

topdsm0138

Tried a new lure yesterday, not a bad outcome.

Bud Kennedy

Same ol stuff again today.  Hot Humid and pop up thunderstorms.  a few minutes of heavy rain then the sun returns and makes things all steamy again.  More of the same for tomorrow and for the rest of the week for that matter. 

We did get some groceries today and the wife had her physical therapy.  The rest of the day has been spent doing nothing.  Supper is in the over and we will have some pot pie in about 45 more minutes.  We had steaks last night so the pot pies will just have to do today. 

I am not gonna bring the ranger home until this weather improves.  It just does not make any sense otherwise.  Just too many pop up rain events right now.  I do like to fish in the rain but certainly not one that can have some lightning in it. 

Donald, you asked why did my storage rent go up.  They have just expanded their storage lot to make room for about 60 more spaces so I guess they need to find a way to help pay for it.  Seems to me the spots will fill up quickly and that should be more than enough.  I am keeping my eyes peeled to find a new place to put the boat but I doubt that will happen any time soon.  With the booming construction and all these new folks moving in from up north they seem to need to have places to store their toys once they realize homes without basements etc don't have a lot of space in them and the garages here are mostly small unless you do a custom home build.  Most HOA's in the area do not allow lawn building either so not many other options other than contract storage.

Donald Garner

Good evening to all from Belton, Texas  8)
Forecasted temps for today were 77-105dgrs 24% humidity and a SE wind @ 15mphs.

Spent just about all day in the office on the computer.  I updated the Areas of Responsibility for my team's assigned areas.  I'm still 5 people short from having a full crew.  There's a job fair here in a couple weeks hopefully we get some personnel to hire on.  All of our schools are short handed for custodians. 

Dwayne is finishing up his packing etc.  We went out to supper for the last time till he returns.  We'll be heading to the Austin Airport tomorrow afternoon.   He's got a couple tasks to complete while in Anchorage.   His new life begins on Friday 22 July and we're all excited for him.  Its been a long trying 14 months for him recovering from his Traumatic Brain Injury.  He's completed all the rehab, training and his doctors gave him a clean bill of health.  He's all fired up and ready to get back after it.  To everyone that had him in their daily prayers my wife and I thank you as does Dwayne.

Bud; I wish we'd have a few minutes of heavy rain.  We sure could use it.   Tks for the reply on the storage fees.  I tell ya building storage areas is a Big Money Making Business down here in Texas.  Just like you mentioned about the housing constructions with no basements etc.  The houses down here don't have basements either.  They all for the most part have 2.5 garages though at least all the new construction does.  H.O.A. don't allow boats, campers, travel trailers parked at the houses longer that 3 days. Good luck finding something close to your place.

Top; Congrats on the catch there with that new bait.  Tks for sharing that picture with us also.  Wow you do have a Win / Win situation with the use of your boat.  Man have fun with the surveying and catching ;)

Rodney; SHC; Hope ya'll have a pleasant day today and things are well at yawls place.

To everyone I hope your evening is a relaxing and pleasant one.  Be safe in your daily travels.

Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 68 headed to 88, ugly muggy at 95%, mostly cloudy, possible boomers. Dropping the truck off for inspection, need to do some chores before I get rid of it. Doctors appoint this afternoon, my annual wellness exam. We had a minor crises yesterday, the sewer line running from the basement to the main sewer in the street was plugged with tree roots from the tree the city planted between the sidewalk and curb. Called ROTO ROOTER and 480$ later it was opened, those power snakes work great, won't need to be done for another 5 or 6 years or more. Tomorrow I see Nurse Practitioner Hanna about the hole in my back which is still there, guess it's better than one in my head. lo
Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney

Larry Francis

Good morning everyone.

Congratulations TOP! Well deserved. Great Job.

Well, I got the Grand Daughter back home and actually got a call back from the Marina last Thursday they could do my trailer recall on Friday. So, I ran the boat up to them and left it to get done.
Saturday the wife came home from her work sick, Sunday went to get the test for Covid and Yep, she has it. This is the 2nd time for her in a year and half. I have yet to get it even staying in the house with her the first time. I hope this time as well. So far, I have no issues.
Called to see if the boat was ready and they said that mine was the first one they have had that the problem effected it and the Hubs were trashed and need replaced. So, I guess I was lucky I got it in. But not so lucky on getting it back. Now the parts are not available, and I am waiting on the call to tell me how long it will be.
Wife sick and no boat will make it a long week or two.  Oh yeah and tripped in the yard and broke a rib. Yes, that hurts. They say it comes in 3's so there are my 3. But these things too shall pass. I think I will get on the bike and see if I can catch anything on the docks.

Good day all. Tight lines
Molon Labe

Donald Garner

Greetings to all,
It just hot here in Central Texas.  Our forecasted temps for today were 77-108dgrs with 27% humidity and a SE wind @ 13mphs  :shocking:

Spent the morning power washing windows at school this morning.  We're half way done.  I over filled the oil in the power washer this morning while checking it.  Reading that darn oil dip stick was really hard.  I fired it back up and man did it ever smoke.  I shut it off and decided the best think to do was drain the oil and refill it.  this is what I'm going to do in the morning. 
We got Dwayne to the airport this afternoon.  He'll get into Anchorage around midnight tonight.  He's got a meeting to attend and then it's off to pickup some new clothes and boots he'll need to wear while on the site. 
The wife and I stopped at Subway on the way home for supper.  It's been a while since  I've stopped there.

Larry; Sure sorry to hear of the wife issue with COVID and of course you now having a broken rib.  We'll add you both to our daily prayers.

Rodney; Well that sux about the sewer line.  I have a septic tank here at our place.  About every 3-4 years I have to have it cleaned out. Hope you don't have to break the bank on getting your truck repaired.  Sure hope your doctor's appointment goes well for ya tomorrow. 

Guys and everyone else I hope tomorrow is a better day you yawl.  Be safe traveling if you have to get out.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 76 headed to low to mid 90s, humidity will be down though, 80s, ugh. Possible boomers tonight. The truck is toast, right front wheel bearing, frame needs welding, front brake pads stuck, dust shields rubbing the rotors, I'm looking at far more to repair than it's worth, I'll get rid of it. My physical went quite well, I'm alive. lo
Top, congrats on the HSM!!! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ Tell em " Don't parise me, give me a raise."  lo
Larry, sorry to hear about the rib and the hubs, as far as the covid thing, my wife and I both have had it twice, no neither one of us going to get vaxed.
Donald, back to being empty nesters again eh, we have been for decades, the good news is the kids live close enough that we get to see them. Were you able to get the power washer up and running? The smoke was deterint against mosquitoes. My wife isn't into subs so we don't go out for them. I just get the one on shopping day for my self, once in a great while I get one from Subway, maybe once a year. I got flying colors from my Primary Care yesterday, today I see Nurse Practitioner Hanna, I think I'm going to ask her about a suture for the hole in my back, close it up and force it grow closed.
Rodney

Donald Garner

Howdy from Central Texas > Belton <
Ground Hog Day as far as the weather goes ~shade  Forecasted temps for across Central Texas were 76-108dgrs with 29% humidity and a SE wind @ 12mphs  :surrender:  There's still no rain forecasted for the next 10 days.

Busy morning at work.  We finished up the power washing of the exterior windows and doors.  I drained the oil from the power washer due to over filling it yesterday.  I got the right amount in there and got after it.  Tomorrow the two team members that assisted me with the washing will be doing all of the Main Entrances side walks.  They'll be getting all the gum and other stuff off the side walks.

I spent the afternoon looking at different personnel placement options.  I just don't see 4 people just showing up in the next 3 weeks to work.  Right now I'm planning on gutting the Athletics Area.  They're authorized 3 personnel > 2 on day shift and one on night shift.  I'm missing the night shift worker right now.  The coaches are just going to have to learn how to wash their teams uniforms.  Right now the custodians have to preform that task > which I don't agree with  >:(

Rodney; Sorry to hear about your truck.  Good luck getting a replacement.  Glad your medical situation has improved for you.  That sounds like a plan there reference closing up that hole.  Yes sir, it's just me, wife and cat now  ;)  Dwayne made it to Anchorage, Alaska safely. I called him just to check on him.  He's taking his kids out for supper tonight after his meeting is over with. 
Sir, you have a relaxing evening and a very pleasant day tomorrow.

To everyone I hope tomorrow is a better day for yawl.  Be safe traveling about if you have to get out.

Bud Kennedy

Same weather pattern here also.  Heat index around 100 for the near future but the rain seems not to be in the forecasts for a while.  Maybe the lawns will be easier to deal with.  Currently we have to mow about every 4 days. 

We had a few errands to run today and while we were out we stopped at a small shop over by garden city beach.  Felt a lot better over there.  Temps were about 10 degrees cooler so we decided to get a little ice cream and just enjoy the cooler weather.  Oh yes the dog was along and she does like dairy queen also.

Had to take some plastics over to the recycle center and then back home to make some supper and basically just chilled out.  After supper had to give the birds some water in the bird bath and also fill up the humming bird feeder.  So all in all a pretty easy day mostly staying in the A/C

A number of folks in our neighborhood are getting new roofs.  Kind of interesting to watch but I do feel bad for those folks up on the roofs doing the work.  I know another neighbor on the corner that is also expecting a new roof sometime this week or early next week.  I would like to have one but really don't need it and I don't want to spend a lot of money at this time anyway.

Folks it is hot now matter where you live these days.  Take care in the heat especially all you older folks.  Our body thermostats don't work as well as they used to so make sure you stay cool and hydrated.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 72 headed to 85, possible boomers, partly sunny, at times breezy. We seem to be hitting the weather cycle from back in the 90s, I didn't care for the work I was doing, delivering welding supplies, it's hot, hard work especially in the summer. One of the other drivers got a new truck with A/C, the boss came out and asked me if I wanted A/C when I got my new truck, nope, you're in and out of the truck all day, cold to hot to cold. The hot/cold/hot is a good way to get sick and the other guy did, he wound up with a summer cold which can be miserable, he still cranked his A/C, didn't learn. I was on vacation and a new driver had to use my truck, he took out the back window, did me a favor, the broken window was replaced with a slider window, it could be opened, 90 outside, open the drivers side window and the split window and on the highway you had a hurricane going by you, felt great  and you didn't get the hot/cold cycle.
Bud, we have the areas that are cooler than others, cross Ridge Road  south to north and it's an instant 10/15 degree drop of temp normally. Ridge Road is naturally elevated and acts like a barrier, at one time it was the shoreline of Lake Ontario, it's nice when you have to be north of it. We have a locally owned ice-cream shop we could take a nice long walk to, of course the dog we had at the time loved to go on walks so she went with us, for some reason that walk seems much longer now. lo
Donald, Most definitely the athletic staff should be washing those uniforms, it's for their department after all. I would think that cleaning the gum and what not would be good punishment for the delinquents but that's me. I'm going to miss the truck but we're  going down to one vehicle and I'm going down to a smaller boat, don't need a truck to tow a smaller boat so that's why I'm looking for a RAV 4 or CRV, they get high 20s mpg and will tow the boat I wind up with, my wife will be able to drive it also, she didn't like driving my truck. No sutures for the back, since it's weeping a suture could cause an infection, I don't need to see her as often, every 2 or 3 weeks is fine, if there is a problem they'll get me in immediately, these are considered follow ups so I don't have a cost factor.
Rodney

Bud Kennedy

Day started off very nicely.  Temps this morning were 74 and there was not a bunch of heavy dew overnight.  That means it is an ideal day to get my neighbors yard mowed before the heat of the day gets going.  Got it all done nice and early and for the most part that is all I did all day except hang out in the air conditioning.  Actual temp at this time is 96 with humidity at 60+% .  Heat index about an hour ago was right at 100.  Off and on isolated thunder storms are predicted for the next few days with plenty of heat and humidity to go along with it.  Oh well it is July after all and this is how it is in South Carolina this time of year.  We will see high temps into October in most years.  September and October are our worst months for possible hurricane activity.  We have been very lucky the past couple of years and we can always hope the storms stay away again this year.

Starting to think about something to eat this evening but I just really don't want to cook.  Thinking about going out and pick up some take out.  Now we just have to decide what that may be.  I think the wife said something about some Mexican food tonight and that would be fine with me.

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

Beautiful sunny day across Central Texas today.  Forecasted temps were 75-106dgrs with 31% humidity with a SE wind @ 11mphs.  Welcome to Texas during the Summer  ;)

We are done with Summer Cleaning finally.  We have several groups of people using our school now due to their schools aren't completely done with their Summer Cleaning.   The big advantage I have is we don't have to strip or wax our floors.  That tasks take a lot of time.  You have to remove all the furniture from the room; Strip the floor of all its old wax; Re-wax the floor with anywhere from 3 - 10 coats of wax.  You have to let each coat dry completely before applying the next coat.  I love No Wax Concrete Floors  :)

I finished getting all the document packets done for each area.  Monday I'll brief my team and assign them to their areas.  The fun now begins again.  They will start working in their individual areas now.  We're off tomorrow and the wife has a short Honey Do list put together.  My arthritis has flared up again. Both knees, calves, ankles are swollen up now.  Its strange this time around now.  There isn't any pain in the areas swollen.  The swelling goes down during the night and starts back up in the morning.  Guess I give my doctor a call and get an appointment to have this checked out.

Bud; One of the things on my Honey Do List is mowing and trimming the yard.  That will be accomplished early in the morning around 7am or at safe light.  Yes sir you're right it's hot just about everywhere.  I've lived in the South most of my life and its always been hot during the Summer months.  I like Mexican Food also it's one of my favorites.  You and the wife have a relaxing and pleasant evening.

Rodney; Some of these coaches are a bunch of Primadonna.  Hope your open place on your back heals up soon.  You're right putting sutures in could cause an infection. Good luck again getting your new vehicle and selling you boat and down sizing.
You and your wife have a pleasant evening and a better day tomorrow.

Alrighty Ya'll have a great day tomorrow.  Be safe traveling if you have to get out.   

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 67 headed to 87, partly sunny, slight chance of boomers, ugly muggy. Friday, even I'm happy it's Friday, for some reason I feel like it's time to relax but I'm retired and should be relaxed. :-\ :-\
Bud, any sign the weather's going to cooperate and let you get the Ranger out anytime soon? Mexican sounds good to me, we make it once in a while, always good.
Donald, you guys keep getting done with the cleaning while being short handed and they'll leave you that way. You should get an appointment with your Doctor, it may be arthritis with swelling from the heat or something else, better safe than sorry. My wife took a picture of my back, it looks better than the last time she did a week or so before, progress, slow but progress.
Have a great day and weekend, be well!!!
Rodney

Bud Kennedy

Once again another hot and humid day.  The good news is we just had a small pop up thunder storm that left us with a little bit of rain that is much appreciated.  Temp dropped from 96 to 81 in the space of about 20 minutes.  Still some thunder in the area but most likely will end very soon now.

Had a couple of errands to do.  I need gas for the Expedition and some gas for the mower and wanted to stop by home depot and pick up a box of shop towels.  So off we go and picked up the shop towels no problem then off to get some gasoline.  Gas today was $3.74 and that is about as cheap as it has been in this area.  Most stations are at $3.84 for regular.  Then I learned that I left my gas can back home so I will just have to go back tomorrow and get the mower fuel.  The old memory is just not what it used to be.

Was also able to knock off an item on the homey do list by doing some light touch up on the kitchen cabinets.  She who shall be obeyed is very happy about that.  The list is still very long so I will not be running out of work very soon.  LOL

All in all a good day and really enjoyed sitting in the garage watching the little storm and enjoying the temperature drop. 

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone
Forecasted temps across Central Texas today were 75-103dgrs with 28%humidity with a SE wind @ 11mphs.

Some what easy day today.  Got up ate breakfast and fired up the weed whacker and John Deere riding mower.  It sure was dusty mowing as it hasn't rain in a good while.  Got showered up and the wife and I went to the movies.  We saw the Movie > Where the Crawdads Sing.  It was an excellent movie about a young girl that grows up in the marshes of North Carolina.  After the movie we headed over to Walmart to pickup a few things.  The wife fixed us Salad and pan fried chicken strips for supper.  The rest of the evening is going to be spend relaxing.

Bud; Glad you had a good day today.  You and your wife have a pleasant and relaxing evening and weekend ahead.

Rodney; Glad to hear you had a relaxing day also.  I'm going to contact my doctor here next week.  When I have these arthritis fits they usually last a couple weeks.  We'll see what happens this coming week.
My good man you and the wife have a really pleasant evening and weekend ahead also.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon from a Sunny Belton, Texas ~sun

Forecasted temps for today were 76 - 103dgrs with 33% humidity and SE wind @ 13mphs.

Knocked out the Honey Do tasks this morning.  Made a quick trip to Lowes to pickup some light bulbs for the exterior lights on the garage.  Picked up a roll of double face tape to reattach some wall trim back to the wall.  Took the leaf blower and cleaned out both flower beds that are around the Life Oaks we have covering the drive way.  Fired up the John Deere and got it cleaned up from yesterday usage.  Got both the Silverado and Dodge Ram some what cleaned out.  And lastly I straighten out the garage.  Things are back in place now that the grandkids have departed.

Came in and took a shower and decided afterwards to fixed (4) hotdogs up with some cheese for supper.  Applied some mustard to the dogs added in a bag of Lays potato chips.  I had a Diet Dr. Pepper to wash everything down with  ;)  The rest of the afternoon is being spent relaxing  ~shade

To everyone hope your Saturday is good well for Ya'll.  Be safe out there if your traveling.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,
We're starting the morning off with Blue Bird Skies  ~sun  Forecasted temps for our area here in Central Texas is 75-102dgrs with 90%humidity and a SE wind @ 9mphs.

We're off to church here shortly.  Nothing is planned for the day except relaxing and watching tv.  The wife has made a pork roast with all the fixings for our Sunday meal.
Dwayne has made it up to the North Slope where he'll be working.  He sent a couple pictures and told me the temperature was 39dgrs and raining.

To everyone have a really pleasant and relaxing day today.  Enjoy the family time together and be safe if you're out traveling.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 72 headed to 79, rain overnight, partly cloudy, possible boomers, we need more rain. Quiet weekend, arthritis acting up, went to hots on the deck Saturday, temps and humidity were way up but it felt decent at noon, we're on the bay and the big lake is 3 miles north so the breeze is cooler. I ordered my usual 2 pop open red hots, added a touch of mayo and onions, somebody brought mac salad so I had a helping, ate and headed home. I got home just in time to sit with my wife while she finished lunch and went back to work. Yesterday, the second day in the 90s with matching humidity, after Church and breakfast we just chilled, dinner was rack of lamb her brother dropped off last weekend for us. fried zucchini with cheese and beet salad, man, I love beets most any way you make them.
Bud, don't be in a rush to finish the honey-do list, you know you'll get another and if there's anything left you have something that still needs doing. lo
Donald, I know all about that arthritis crap, wish I didn't but so be it, we make the best of it. Good to hear Dwayne made it ok and doing well. That 39 degrees sounds good. lo I'm going to have to raise the blade and mow the lawn, the weeds are getting tall. lo
Rodney

topdsm0138

Good morning guys. Hope all is well. Cousin asked to keep my jon boat for one more week, wants to go explore Headwaters with it. No problem, atleast she's getting used and running great.

Figured I'd keep it around for the Electric Only lakes and shallow waters. Just need a new trolling motor and thinking of two of those lithium batteries for weight. (I have a group 27 now.) Plys my son and nephews can tote and use it at that point if they want to canal surf.

Well, back to work, been at ot since 4am now and 1/2 my day is up.