July 2022 Home Front Activities and Carrying On's

Started by Donald Garner, July 01, 2022, 11:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

:toot: Welcome to July  ~shade  I hope this new month brings much happiness and GOOD HEALTH to everyone.

We're starting the new month off with Blue Bird Skies covering Central Texas   8)   The forecasted temps are 76-97dgrs with 68% humidity and an E wind @ 2mphs.  There's very little chance of rain in the forecast here these next 5 days.

Got up and mowed and trimmed the yard once it got daylight.  The bug man came and sprayed the yard (after I mowed), exterior of house and everywhere inside of the house.  The wife has this done monthly.  Everything is ready for those Grandkids arrival.  It's going to be exciting having them down here for a couple weeks.

My team has done a  great job so far with this Summer Cleaning.  We finished up the Academic Wing yesterday.  Only thing left to do is some minor tasks like washing interior hallway windows, dusting etc. all of the heavy cleaning is done.  The assistant principal asked me how we're doing.  I replied if you told me you needed the bldg. back you could have it right now.  I've allowed us 2 weeks to get all the minor things done prior to 29 July.  We'll be done way before that date.

Rodney; Dwayne is Fired Up and can't wait to see his kids this evening. He's also ready to get on with the next part of his life working on the North Slope.   Hope you get released from your doctor soon so you can start doing other tasks like mowing  ~bb
Sounds like it was an exciting day at Wegmans ~shade

Top; Wow, tks for sharing the humor with us.  There's a lot of people out there with out a sense of humor.  I told my new hire he'd better have one and if not he'd better get one over the weekend ~shade  My team members can be pretty rough sometimes  :surrender:

Dog; Holy Smokes you got to be kidding me ~shade  Glad you stopped by.  Hope your recovery is going well for ya.  So have ya gotten enough water to cover the launch ramps yet?  How was the day trip drive with the wife?

Larry; I concur buddy the sense of humor is not found in may places now days.  Sorry to here the trip to Toho was a bust.  Tight lines today my good man.  Hope ya'll find a bunch of fish to catch.

Bud; SHC; You guys doing alright down yawls way? 

To everyone have a really pleasant day today.  I'm looking forward to sharing this new month daily activities with ya'll.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

SHC286

Thought y'all might enjoy this

All is well here. Hotter than you know where. Wife, kids, grandkid, parents all doing well. Mom has her first post treatment scan coming up soon to see if they got the cancer knocked back. She said she feels great.

As always, working too much. But, got one of my good friends hired on. It's gonna be a boon to both of us, he'll get better pay and a better work environment, I'll be getting more time off.

Back to work! I've got a poo pit to suck out!

topdsm0138

Afternoon guys. About to leave work and enjoy (well....try to with all the sudden explosions this weekend..PTSD sucks sometimes..) my 3 day, Holiday weekend. Can't wait to get out on the lake on Sunday.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Bud Kennedy

The holiday weekend here at the beach is gonna be a bit on the wet side.  A tropical storm formed overnight just off of Myrtle beach and is going to run up the coast for a few days before heading out to sea.  No big deal  with marginal tropical storm force winds expected around 40 mph.  The beaches are all full of tourists and hotels are doing a big business on what usually is our busiest weekend of the summer season.

Hope everyone has a great holiday

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

Bright sunny dry day across Central Texas today.  Forecasted temps were 77-105dgrs with 38% humidity and a SE wind @ 9mphs.  Temps for the upcoming week are all over 100 dgrs and very little chance of any rain.

Took the grandkids for a ride in the Stratos this morning over on Belton, Lake.  They both had their chance to drive the boat.  The water skiers and tubers were out in force this morning.  It was a prefect day for that activity due to the hot temps and little to no wind.  We were back home by noon as both kids were tuckered out from the sun and being on the water. 
The lake is so low now I couldn't even pull up to the floating dock.  We idled up the ramp and Dwayne got off the boat and waded up the ramp to the parking lot.

Bud; The joys of living in a Tourist town.  Hope you and the wife have a pleasant and relaxing Holiday weekend ahead.

To everyone enjoy the family time together this coming 4th of July Holiday.  Be safe in your travels if ya'll are out and about.

Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all,

Beautiful day here across Central Texas today.  Forecasted temps are 75 - 102dgrs with 45% humidity and a S wind @ 13mphs.  The skies can't get any more Bluer  ~shade

Took the grandkids to church this morning.  We had Walmart pizza for lunch once we got back home.  Everyone is relaxing presently.  We're heading to the Rodeo later on this afternoon.  Tomorrow I think Dwayne is taking the kids swimming at the local water park.  We're planning on BBQing tomorrow after the kids get back home.

To everyone have a really pleasant afternoon and relaxing evening.  Be safe in your travels if you're out on the road.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 69, headed to somewhere between 70 and 80, depends on who you ask, cloudy, rain. Quiet weekend, my wife and I went to hots on the deck for lunch on Saturday, the weather was nice and we enjoyed it, firing up the hibachi for dinner Sunday, pork chops, mac salad, broccoli and ice cream with caramel sauce for desert, the 4th it was pop open hots on the hibachi with said mac salad and with potato salad a friend brought over, and ice cream. I have my surgery follow up this morning, the surgery was successful but the arthritis below the surgery site is still acting up, that'll be discussed. Hopefully I get cleared to mow the lawn, talk about being bored, say stir crazy.
Hope everyone had a great 4th, our's was.
Have a great day, be well!!! 
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Bud Kennedy

Had some nasty storms yesterday beginning about mid morning.  Heavy rain and lots of lightning.  The area experienced some flash flooding as well as some building fires caused by the lightning.  As the storm approached the temp was 96 and during the storm the temps dropped to 68.  The temp drop took less than half an hour to drop that far.  We had a little breeze but no damaging wind.  The day before a tropical storm passed by the area and typical of this the heat rolled in and very high humidity.  Today at this very moment the temp is 94 and humidity is at 88 %.  So.....I am gonna stay inside in the A/C.
Wife has routine Dr. visit tomorrow and then we are picking up the boat and bringing it home.  Might not do any fishing but a ride on the river seems in order.  All depends upon the weather.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone,

Bright sunny skies with forecasted temps of 75-105dgrs; 38% humidity and a SE wind @ 11mph.

The 4th was a good day here for us.  We grilled out and at 9:30pm we drove over to Temple where the city put on a fireworks show.  By 10pm it was all over with. 
We got up this morning and headed over to Stillhouse Lake.  We picked up some minnows and worms and fished over at the Fish House at the Marina.  Owen caught his first bluegill.   The kids got bored with the fishing so we fired up the Stratos and ran around the lake for a bit.  Weather permitting in the morning we're heading over to Belton Lake for some crappie fishing.

Bud; Glad to hear there wasn't any property damage done due to the storm.  I'd wish we'd get some heavy rain.  Enjoy the boat ride with the wife.  The days I've been out with Dwayne and our Grandkids there's not been a whole lot of fishing going on.  Mostly boat riding and swimming.

Rodney; Glad to hear you and the wife had a good 4th of July visit.  Tks for the medical update.  I hope the doctor can do something for that arthritis pain.

To everyone I hope your evening is a pleasant one.  Be safe in your travels if you're out and about.

Bud Kennedy

Another hot day today.  The thermometer on my desk hit 100 today with a humidity of 65%  Presently it is showing 95 with 62% and now wind all day.  After the Mrs. Dr. appointment we just came home and stayed inside for the day.  I will have to play with the boat another time because it is just too dang hot for us old folk.   The feels like temp today was reported at 118.    I live about 2-3 miles from the beach but it is a bit cooler over there with temps shown in the upper 80s to maybe 90 and of course a breeze off the ocean making it bearable.  No so here just a little inland.

Same deal expected for tomorrow but with the likelyhood of some severe storms possible.  Will have to wait and see on that one.

Hope everyone can stay cool and don't over do it in the heat.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 55 headed to 80, partly cloudy, nice day among a quite a few nice days. Mowed and weed wacked the lawn yesterday, felt good. Made it to the gym in the afternoon, 7 minutes on the stairmaster, 4 or 5 more than what I thought I'd be able to do, then 15 on the elliptical, I could have a bit more on each but I'm not going to push it, at least not now. I have a minor infection at the incision on the back, I'm on Cephalexin, it's weeping more now, I think that means it's clearing out.
SHC, good to see that you're still alive!!! It'll be good if you can start working closer to more regular hours.
Bud, we live about 3 miles or so from Lake Ontario, it does moderate the temps but not as much as living within a mile or so. There's a barrier at that point, a road, Ridge Road runs along it, at one time it was the shoreline for the lake, crossing it in the summer is like turning on the A/C, there's a noticeable drop in temp most days. Hope you and Mrs. Bud can get a ride in the Ranger soon.
Donald, who's having more fun you or the grandkids? lo I think you are. As soon as this infection is done I'll be back with pain management Doctor and we'll discuss what the next step is, the Nurse Practitioner thinks I'll be back to injections, if so it won't be as many. She was showing me what and where on a model of the spinal column, been there done that already numerous times til it wouldn't work. lo
Rodney

Bud Kennedy

Heat Index at this time is officially 106.  A wee bit cooler than yesterday but still very uncomfortable with a humidity factor of about 60% and an actual temp at 95.  Big storms predicted for overnight and more storms possible through out tomorrow.  Well, I guess that is just called summertime in low country South Carolina.

We did mow the yard last night just before dark and today we took the clippings to the recycle center and stopped for some ice cream on the way back home.  Been thinking about that ice cream fix for a week or so and now our itch has been scratched. LOL
Rodney I think when you see your Doctor you should get approval to put in a series of zippers that can be used for your next surgical adventures.  Now don't you go and hurt yourself at the gym before you get fully healed.

Donald, how long will you be on vacation?  The way it sounds you will have to get back to work just so you can get some rest.  Those grandkids will wear you out.

Next week the dog has a grooming appointment and the Wife has booked some cleaners to come in and clean the fabric on the sofa, love seat and two chairs all in our living room.  So....That is another $500 going out of the check book.  After her dental expenses and now this I hope she slows down on her spending a bit.  The ol' bank account certainly has been molested this summer.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

Another beautiful Hot Summer day across Central Texas today  ~shade  Forecasted temps for today were 77-105dgrs with 31% humidity and a SE wind @ 12 mphs.  The temps will be rising here these next few days.  They're forecasting 107dgrs for the upcoming weekend.

Its been a great visit with our grandkids so far.  We've been to the Rodeo, Outdoor Water Park; Boat rides on Stillhouse and Belton Lakes.  We've tried fishing out of the boat on both lakes and have been skunked.  Both lakes have Fish Houses on them so we docked the boat and spent a couple hours inside fishing.  Trips to both Fish Houses have been successful.
Tomorrow we're heading to the Zoo up in Waco.  Saturday afternoon we have a scheduled Pony rides at BLORA STABLES. 

I'm back to work now Dwayne brought Owen out and we took a tour of the school.  Prior to leaving I took Owen on a tour of the outside of the school.  We hopped in the Gator and I drove him around the 100 acres.  After getting back we cooled off by eating Freeze Pops.  My wife took our granddaughter out for a Salon Visit.  They both stopped by work on their way out to lunch after getting a full treatment, nail polishing and other girly things done.

We can really use some rain.  The lakes around here are really dangerous low right now.  Every place I normally catch fish is completely out of the water right now.  The launch ramps are getting longer and longer.  They're starting to pull out the floating boat docks now also.  We got big trees sticking up now out in the middle of the what used to be the river channels area.

Bud; My vacation time I'll have a total of 10days off.  We get 5 days off every year.  During the Summer our schedule changes to a 4 / 10 work week.  We get every Friday off also. This year we got the 4th of July off also.  Yes sir, I had to go back to work just to rest  lo lo 
Ya'll are getting some of our Texas Heat (-) the Humidity.  Ours hasn't been quiet that high here lately.  Don't know if ya'll need the rain but I hope the storms aren't destructive.  Hope the weather breaks for ya so you and wife can get out in the Ranger soon.

Rodney; My good man, you ole gym rat  ~shade  Glad to hear you're able to get out etc.  Just be careful not to re-injure yourself.  Best wishes on the upcoming doctor appointments for the pain management.  The fun meter is about even I think.  It's sure is different having a 5yr and 8yr in the house.  Owen is 5yrs old and so full of energy it's consent go, go and go.  Bailey is 8yrs old and not quiet that full of energy.  She is a lot more quiet etc. I know Dwayne sure has and is enjoying their visit. 

Their visit will end on the 15th of July.  The wife is going to fly back to Alaska with them.  She'll spent the night up there and return on Sunday the 17th.  Dwayne has to be up at the North Slope by the 22nd of July.  He talked with his supervisor this morning for a while.  Dwayne is really excited about the job.  His shift work will be 3weeks on and 2weeks off.  He's going to get an apartment up there in Anchorage and another vehicle.
So he's going to get to spent time with his kids even more now.

To everyone I hope your evening is a pleasant and relaxing one.  Be safe in your travels and enjoy the family time together.  Ya'll have a great day tomorrow.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! high 50s headed to high 70s, partly cloudy, possible showers but not much. Not much happening, I'd love to float the boat but that's a nogo, I didn't renew the registration just to make sure I don't. I think tomorrow I'll pull the cover and do what I can to pull the electronics, I've decided to let the trolling motor go with it. If I get another I'll probably just get an MK Edge, and settle for that.
Bud I've asked about the zipper idea but it seems they like charging for stitches and bandages and such. lo I'm far from overdoing it at the gym, the only things(elliptical & stairmaster) I'm doing are standing only, no bending, and they are cardio, no strength building, that'll come later. There is a very rare chance of the bones that left could turn which would mean going back in and fusing, no way I'm doing that.
Donald, nice showing the Owen the school campus, so did he see any rattlesnakes, that would be exciting for him. I'm sure you'll miss them but it's time to be back at business and working for a living. I like when my wife does the girly thing with her hair and clothes and all, 51 years and I still enjoy a female type woman. ;) We're below normal for rain but nowhere like you guys thankfully. Not to worry about me at the gym, as I mentioned to Bud, I'm behaving, not doing anything that I have to sit for, bending can become painful but it's getting better. I not doing as much as I'm capable of and what I'm doing is only cardio, no strengthening, that'll come later and will be more stretching than strengthening.
Have a great day and weekend, be well!!!
Rodney 

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,
Bright Sunny Blue Bird skies are covering Central Texas this morning  ~sun ~sun ~sun
Forecasted temps for today are 78 - 103dgrs with 64% humidity and a S wind @ 12mphs.

Was woke up by my grandson this morning.  He was playing with the cat at the foot of the bed  ~shade  After playing with the cat he decided to start asking questions and letting me know about things that 5yr old think about  ;)  What a way to wake up  lo

Made a quick run to the barber shop.  I try and get to the barber shop first thing in the morning.  Being a regular I don't have to explain to her how to cut my hair.  I just sit down and she gets after it.  She works by herself and does a really great job.  She's one of 2 barbers we have in town.

Sometime today we're heading to the zoo.  Its going to be a smoker but there's places to stop and take breaks in the shade.  The zoo isn't that big so that makes it nice also.

Rodney; I've only found (1) snake this Summer so far and it wasn't a rattle snake.  It looked like one of those Pet Store Snakes.  Since they have a snake fence installed and they went into the area and cleaned out that nest.  I haven't seen any rattle snakes at all.  Couple days ago the area where the snakes were coming from caught on fire.  I check everyday I'm there though.
Yes sir your right I'll miss them when they're back home.  But it's time to get back to normal for me and grandma  ;) 

Alrighty you just be careful at the gym and don't get distracted while working out  ~shade

To everyone have a Blessed and Relaxing Day.  Be safe if you have to get out and travel about.   

Bud Kennedy

After a nice cooler start to today I was able to get the neighbors yard mowed before it got too hot.  Heat index this afternoon once again has passed the 100 degree mark.  Thunder storms moving in after midnight and will last most of the day tomorrow (Sunday) The rain means some cooler temps in the 80s and lasting through Monday.  Will be a welcome break.
Hit the grocery store today and also stopped by the farm stand to pick up some peaches.  I have been promised the wife will make a couple of peach pies this week.  Also on tap this week will be my summertime favorite "Mater Sammich"  Bring on the mayo or salad dressing and we will be good to go even might add some bacon to go along with it.  It would be better with some homemade bread but we don't have any of that unfortunately.  I am already getting hungry just thinking about these summer favorites.  Sunday Supper I am doing a couple of steaks on the grill and plan on serving with some steak fries and a small garden salad.  Whew, all of this sounds really good I must be hungry.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone,

It's fricking HOT  :surrender:  The forecasted temps were 78-107dgrs with 32% humidity with a N wind @ 7mphs.  The temperature as I'm typing this is 110dgrs with little to no wind blowing at all :shocking:

We went to church this morning and the kids attended Sunday School.  Lunch was done at Dynasty Chinese Restaurant one of our favorite places.  There is NOTHING planned for the rest of the day except stay indoors and enjoy the AC and watch some TV.

The pony rides got canceled by the stables due to the heat yesterday.  It was 107dgrs and they'd want the animals outside getting all stressed from the heat.  We got the ride rescheduled for Wednesday morning.  Time sure has blown by as we've been out doing things everyday with the kids.  The wife is taking them to get pictures tomorrow.  I think they're another Water Park Visit this week also and another boat ride.

They're heading back to Alaska Friday morning bright and early.  I just finished making reservations for the wife and grandkids.  The wife will be flying back home late Saturday night and will arrive in Austin early Sunday morning.  Dwayne will be leaving I guess Wednesday for Alaska also.  He starts his new job on the North Slope Friday the 22nd of July.   It's sure is going to be different around here for sure.  Time for me and wife to get back to normal.

Bud; Enjoy those cooler temps and yep that food sure sounds tasty  ~shade

To everyone enjoy the family time together; Be safe in your travels also.  Stay Cool  ;)

Larry Francis

Good morning, been fishing 3 days in a row with a tough bite and burning hot. Now it is break time. Leaving in a few to pick up the 15-year-old Grand Daughter and her friend at the Airport in Tampa. Going to have them for a week. So, I am sure to get my miles in keeping up with that. Shopping and quick stop at the beach today, Disney later in the week and lots of pool time in order for the week.
Tight Lines everyone.
Molon Labe

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 58 headed to 89/90, sunny, still air unless you're next to the big lake, ugh.
Not much going on, waiting for this infection to run it's course, in my back, might have to go another round of antibiotics, will be off to the gym this afternoon. Made it to Church yesterday after 6 weeks of watching it on tv, much better live and participating. ;D Nothing on the grill, smoker or hibachi, the wife wanted to do sausage, taters and onions with stuffed shells, a recipe she saw on tv, we have a library of cooking books, 50 or 60 or so but she has to do recipes she found on tv, go figure. lo
Bud, that sure sounds good, now you went and done it, I'm hungry. lo
Larry, sounds like you're going to be busy, good busy but busy, enjoy.
Donald, sounds like a busy week with the grandkids, you and Mrs. Donald will be able to take in the travels to see different areas of Texas but I have a hunch you'd rather have the grandkids there. Those temps are too high to fish in. We're hot today, tomorrow a bit cooler with possible rain and/or boomers then cooling off again, we need the rain.
Rodney

Bud Kennedy

Temps a wee bit cooler today.  Mostly in the 80s and mostly cloudy.  Yesterday started off hot but continuing storms through the day cooled it down a bit and we had lots of rain off and on for the past few days.  More of the same expected most of this week.  The real problem with all this is the warm weather plus the rain makes the grass grow like crazy.  We are now mowing each 4 days to keep up with it.  Probably could do it on the third day but since we mow a couple of yard each 4 days work better but it is wearing us out.  We just finished our yard a few minutes ago and will have to do it all again on Friday.  Cut the grass, trim the grass, haul the clipping to the recycle place.  Not one of my favorite things to do when it is warm and humid outside.

Got to eat a slice of home made peach pie today and it was wonderful.  Peach is my absolute favorite so I guess you could say I am in hog heaven.
Got a letter from the place where I store the boat and they advise they are going up again on the rent.  That makes the second raise this year.  I now will be paying $80 per month.  I don't have any other options but will keep looking for another storage location but most seem to be in the same price range.  The current place is quite nice with good security so at least they have some good points although the boat spots are a little narrow making it a tight fit when backing in.  That is a tough deal for a one eyed guy but I get it done.  Seems like every time I turn around someone else is getting in my pocket for more money but my monthly revenue is not keeping pace. 

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 75 headed to 82, partly sunny or cloudy whatever, possible boomers. Off to see Nurse Practitioner Hanna for a follow-up for the infection in my back, it's doing fine, rolling along ruining "T" shirts. lo It's quite breezy out there, must be whipping the big lake to a furious froth, small craft warnings should be in place, they're called "If you wanna die go for it". 77 years on this earth and I'm still in awe at how much havoc this lake can raise.
Bud, our grass is turning brown due to a lack of rain, our grass grows like crazy when it rains and is cool, temps in the 60s or 70s now I'm mowing weeds. Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney 

Donald Garner

Howdy from Central Texas  8)

Forecasted temps for our area were 78-106dgrs with 28% humidity and a E wind at 14 mphs.  There isn't rain in the forecast for the next 10 days  :surrender:  The temps are staying between 100 - 106dgrs during this time frame.

It was not a busy day at work.  We're almost done with the exception of some very minor tasks like washing windows and some dusting.  If we get done to early I'll have to send some members over to another school to work.  I don't want to have to do that.  The goal is to be done by 29 July.  We're not going to have any trouble making that happen  ;)

The grandkids are finishing up their visit here this week.  They went to the water park again today.  Tomorrow is pony rides and one last boat ride in the Stratos.  Thursday night we head to Austin to spend the night.  Friday morning early the wife and the grandkids fly back up to Anchorage, Alaska.  The wife will spent the night and return home here early Sunday morning. 
Dwayne will be leaving Tuesday as he returns back to Alaska.  He has to get a couple things done prior to reporting up to his new job on the North Slope on the 22nd.

Rodney; Tks for the medical update.  It's been an adventure having those grandkids here.  Love them to death  ;)  They for sure have lots of energy  lo   Hope ya get some rain.  We need the rain also but there isn't any in the forecast. 

Bud; Glad ya'll got some rain and cooler temps.  Our grass is all dead but the weeds still grow.  So I guess Sunday after getting back from the airport I'll mow the weeds down.  I can't remember the last time I've had peach pie. 
Why are they raising your storage fees?  Are they adding some new additions to the lot?  I don't remember you saying but is your boat under cover or does it sit in the open?

To everyone have a relaxing evening.  I hope tomorrow is a better day for you all.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 64 headed to 77, partly cloudy, possible showers or boomers this afternoon, I don't believe it. Shopping day eve, the anticipation of terrorizing Wegmans is growing. ;D ::) ;) Had my weekly visit with Nurse Practitioner Hanna, no more antibiotics, but I'm wearing medical honey patches, honey is as close to a miracle product as you can get, it doesn't go bad, ever. Honey has been found in 2 or 3 thousand year old tombs and it's still good, if it crystallizes all you have to do is warm it back up, it doesn't need refrigeration, it's near perfect.
Donald, careful or they won't bring you up to full complement of help, your team is too good. lo Enjoy the last couple of days with the grandkids. Hope you get rain and a cool down soon.
Rodney 

Donald Garner

Greetings to all,
All I can say it's hot here across Central Texas  :o  Our forecasted temps for today were 77-112dgrs with 28% humidity and a SE wind @ 8 mphs.  I guess they're feeling sorry for us with the lack of rain in the forecast.  There's now a 49% change of a thunderstorm moving into our area tomorrow.  I believe it when I see the rain falling  ::)

It was an easy day today.  The team found things to do in their area.  I took the morning off for a couple hours.  We planned for pony rides for the grandkids this morning over at BLORA Ranch on Belton Lake.  Instead of ponies they had full grown horses which was alright.  The guided ride took about 20 minutes and both kids had a good time.  I dropped everyone off back at the house and went back to work.

I piddled around on the computer and talked with the principal's secretary about a couple issues.  Before I knew it 4pm had showed up time to clock out.  I got a lab appointment and my acupuncture treatment tomorrow morning.  We're off to Austin after I get off work.  We're spending the night there due to the wife's and grandkids plane leaving early in the morning.  Dwayne and I will be roughing it for a couple days.  She returns home bright and early Sunday morning.

Rodney;  You have a great trip to Wegmans tomorrow.  Don't cut them any slack and enjoy that sub sandwich also  ;)  Well I've never ever heard of Honey being used as medication :-\  If it works then alright.  Does it smell and taste like honey?

Yes sir,  I learn that lesson of getting done to early my first year as a lead.  I do have a really good team.  I still have a couple people that likes extra attention.  Hopefully they'll get their act together this year.

Alrighty, you have a really relaxing evening and a GREAT DAY tomorrow shopping.

To everyone be safe and I hope tomorrow is a better day for ya'll.

Bud Kennedy

Weather was good today a little cloudy and not too warm with temps reaching 90.  This was the first day is the last 7 days that it did not rain here at the house. Some thunder storms inland but nothing here.  Thunder storms returning the rest of the week but mostly in the form of afternoon pop ups.  Still mowing the lawn about every 4 days just to keep up.  I it drys out for a while we will be able to go about 7 days between mowings. 

Had some furniture cleaned in the living room today.  The technician messed up and sprayed some cleaner on an end table and ruined the finish.  The wife was just furious.  These are old tables that we bought 40 years ago so I guess we will start looking for replacements.  Trying to have them refinished is a non starter in our area. Just no one to do the job that you can trust or afford.  Anyway the furniture turned out great so at least that was a good thing.  Seems like no matter what work we hire out it turns into a SNAFU.  I guess that is just the I don't give a damn attitude of today's workforce.

Dog going to the groomer tomorrow and as far as I know that is all that is planned other than doing some house cleaning.