Next Dobyns Rod You Plan To Buy ?

Started by chrisD46, August 01, 2022, 06:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dink Dawg

I've wanted an Xtreme 746C HP for about five years now. You know, the drive a flippin hook through their skull kind of rod?  I don't plan to lift any gallon jugs of oil but I do want a here bassy bassy rod.  I see one coming by the first week of March.👍

J.W.

Quote from: Princeton_Man on January 30, 2023, 04:03:35 PM
My DC610-4CB and DC684DB arrived today. ;D

Let us know what you think of the crankbait rod.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: J.W. on January 31, 2023, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Princeton_Man on January 30, 2023, 04:03:35 PM
My DC610-4C and DC684DB arrived today. ;D

Let us know what you think of the crankbait rod.
I screwed up just a little in my last post, but I think you knew what I meant. I'm looking forward to trying out the 610-4c as my new skipping rod. I already have a lot of love for the 684CB, this is my second one. It's a great rod for smaller crankbaits as well as jerkbaits and poppers. It has all the needed backbone plus it will send the lighter baits to another zipcode. Now that I have two I can have both a small crank and jerk or popper tied on at the same time. I'm a lot more comfortable working a jerkbait or popper slightly shorter rod. 
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Smallie_Stalker

QuoteI'm a lot more comfortable working a jerkbait or popper slightly shorter rod

I'm right there with you Jim. I have the Kaden 610-4 CB for those techniques. It is excellent for both but even that is a bit long for my taste.

FD is building me a 6' 3" spiral wrapped rod that will get the lion's share of that work so I can dedicate the Kaden more towards cranks and have it as a secondary rod for the other stuff.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

FoolishMoose

Just traded 5 Champions for DX 703 SF, DRX 724 and DRX 725. Heading down to Evansville IN next Saturday to let look at my Champions and hopefully leave with my new rods. Christmas in March
Until we meet again,
Moose

Blacknredflake

Kaden 744 and Champ 804 Carolina rod

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

Dark3

Nomatter how much gear we have we can always find an excuse for more. Eventually every single technique needs its own dedicated combo lol. I would like a dx703 or champ703 just because I have a gap there in my 7' rods. You could probly do anything with that rod except frog or punch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisD46

All of my Dobyns rods are Sierra series in both spinning and bait cast , I could use a Dobyns 6'8" ~ 6'10" for jerk baits and treble hook top water walking / popping lures . Kaden or other Dobyns series for this ? I would like a fast enough tip for working lures - but with enough give to keep bass buttoned up on the hook set .

J.W.

Quote from: chrisD46 on March 08, 2023, 06:54:06 AM
All of my Dobyns rods are Sierra series in both spinning and bait cast , I could use a Dobyns 6'8" ~ 6'10" for jerk baits and treble hook top water walking / popping lures . Kaden or other Dobyns series for this ? I would like a fast enough tip for working lures - but with enough give to keep bass buttoned up on the hook set .

Don't own one yet, but next on my list is the Kaden 610-4CB for the same exact stuff you just mentioned, plus of course crankbaits.

loomisguy

Really, You shouldn't be setting the hook with either of those baits. Just reel into them. Just my opinion ,but the whole keeping fish pinned on treble hooks deal is way over-thought.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: loomisguy on March 09, 2023, 04:04:11 AM

Really, You shouldn't be setting the hook with either of those baits. Just reel into them. Just my opinion ,but the whole keeping fish pinned on treble hooks deal is way over-thought.
I agree with loomisguy. Applies to crank baits too IMO.

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire