Next Dobyns Rod You Plan To Buy ?

Started by chrisD46, August 01, 2022, 06:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisD46

What Dobyns rod is on your radar to look into or buy next ? For me , I need to find a Spook top water rod short enough to use while Kayak standing and that pl;ays best with #30 ~ #40 lb. Power Pro mainline with a short #15 Big Game mono leader .

Princeton_Man

Champion XP 683C and 683SF will be my next additions. I'll be retiring a Savvy and a Sierra that will either become guest rods or go to my boys.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Pat Dilling

A 702 or 703 Spinning rod to replace the good ol' Kistler that I closed a lid on.  Not sure what series yet.
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Mike Cork

Fall is coming so I need to get a couple of the Crappie rods... If Gary twists my arm, like he does, I'll probably get a new Champion 736 for a super heavy cover frog rod.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

All my current spinning rods are 3 powers so I have a 2 power at the top of my wishlist.

Out of what I have now I like my DX 743 SF the best so I would like to be able to get either the DX 742 SF or the DRX 752SF.

Unfortunately my bank account disagrees with my desires right now.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Pat Dilling

Just picked up a Kaden 712SF
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Pat Dilling on August 01, 2022, 01:29:25 PM
Just picked up a Kaden 712SF
The Kadens are great rods for sure. I'm just not fond of split grips.

Dink Dawg

Just delivered today.  Maverick 705CB.  This model is The Best value cranking rod in the industry.  It's that good. I generally don't get saucy about a product but this rod is an exception. 

Masterbasser45

Quote from: Dink Dawg on August 01, 2022, 08:37:45 PM
Just delivered today.  Maverick 705CB.  This model is The Best value cranking rod in the industry.  It's that good. I generally don't get saucy about a product but this rod is an exception.

I have this rod and it has the perfect moderate to fast parabolic action to launch a crankbait and keep them
Pinned. Im curious about a 704 or 703 for moving baits.
"Don't be a dumb Bass"

chrisD46

I need a Sierra Spook / Pencil Popper rod : I already have a 733 & 734 but the length to walk these baits is a bit intimidating up front - I either need to get over myself OR look to get a 683 / 684 .

njpaulc

Has anyone used the Colt panfish rod?  I like to carry a light  rod for when the bass arn't biting and i would like to replace the one I have now.

Capt. BassinLou

I need to replace my CH 734, I broke it last week.  :'( :'( That rod was with me for many years.

strongx

I cant decide. I want a SA734 just because it will likely be my most used rod, but I need a good 4" wacky senko rod. I'm cant decide between a 2 or 3 power spinning rod or the series - whether to get a kaden, champion, or extreme.  :surrender:

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: strongx on August 19, 2022, 09:15:47 PM
I cant decide. I want a SA734 just because it will likely be my most used rod, but I need a good 4" wacky senko rod. I'm cant decide between a 2 or 3 power spinning rod or the series - whether to get a kaden, champion, or extreme.  :surrender:
As to power, for open hook applications you can get away with a 2 power but if you're gonna use it for the occasional bait with the hook buried in the plastic then a 3 power is better.

When in doubt go for the 3 power. It will do both.

Personally I would buy it in the highest series you can afford for the extra sensitivity. The Kadens are great rods, very sensitive and nice crisp actions.

Just my $.02

Dink Dawg

Don't forget Champion 732 and 733 SF models are build on the pre XP Xtreme blanks.  I have both and they are a bonus in a way.

strongx

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on August 20, 2022, 01:42:13 PM
Quote from: strongx on August 19, 2022, 09:15:47 PM
As to power, for open hook applications you can get away with a 2 power but if you're gonna use it for the occasional bait with the hook buried in the plastic then a 3 power is better.

When in doubt go for the 3 power. It will do both.

Personally I would buy it in the highest series you can afford for the extra sensitivity. The Kadens are great rods, very sensitive and nice crisp actions.

Just my $.02

Thx sir. I have always kept a 1/4 keitech tied on my dc733s but I may opt to throw those with something else. I may use the 733s for the 4" senkos. I can see it being great for those too.

zippyduck

Two Sierra 734c on the way now. I completely wore out the last one. handle is now crumbling, guides are starting to fall off and it is still catching fish. Can't complain as it has probably caught a thousand fish including some large pike.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

skidemn

My list goes like this:
DC744C Jig Rod
FR806HSB Swimbait Rod
KD745C for Frogs
KD610-4CB for Jerkbaits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donald Garner

I'm looking at the FR 705CB 7ft crankbait rod and the FR735C 7ft 3in Frog, Pitch & Flip Rod.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

mygreenihc

My next two are going to be a deep running crankbait rod and an A-rig rod.  They have an XP series alabama rig special on for $199 right now,  so I may pull the trigger on it soon.

Brad

Smallie_Stalker

Top of my list is the DRX 752SF but it's more realistic to hope for the DX 742SF instead.

BassmanRudy

Quote from: skidemn on January 12, 2023, 01:42:03 AM
My list goes like this:
DC744C Jig Rod
FR806HSB Swimbait Rod
KD745C for Frogs
KD610-4CB for Jerkbaits
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DC744C is a heck of a rod! My go-to rod for any flipping/texas rig applications between 1/4 to 5/8oz. Sweet spot for me seems to be 3/8. In a pinch can also throw whopper ploppers or spinnerbaits.
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Blacknredflake

Kaden 744 for T-rig
Kaden 715 for frog

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

J.W.

Princeton_Man

My DC610-4CB and DC684DB arrived today. ;D
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC