Biggest Frog Fish

Started by FlatsNBay, August 05, 2022, 04:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

All this talk lately about frog fishing got me thinking..What is your biggest fish caught on a frog and what frog did you catch it on?

For me, it was a 7 pounder caught on a Spro Bronzeye Jr. in black. I was fishing in a pond while on a work trip in Tallahassee FL.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Bud Kennedy

Just guessing on the weight but I suppose about 8 lb max at Santee near Potato Creek on a Pro Z frog  color White with black spots in a pad field about 2ft or water.  Similar catch also made at Guntersville probably about 7 lb using a pad crasher frog in the mats.  Frog color was brown/black

Daduate

4lb12oz :/ I live in nj. On a black and brown pad crasher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Cork

I caught a 9-14 two years ago on a black spro frog. Have a pic floating around somewhere but can't find it at the moment.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Mike Cork

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Found it. I was by myself that day and had to track down someone to take the picture LOL 

It was an amazing day, almost a once in a lifetime, definitely a day that makes you keep going back. That same day, I caught a 7.60 and a 7.14 with a 6 and couple fours mixed in

Bottom pic is the 9-14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cork's Reel Service

coldfront

Scott McGehee

Mike Cork

Scott, I loved it when you posted this the first time. My goal is a DD on a frog but it's not worked out so good for me... I need to come fish your pond a couple times  :-* Yes I do know it's not easy to catch one in your pond but all the fish you do catch there will make it fun trying ~c~ ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

Nutt

My biggest on a frog is just under 7 lbs, caught on Black Benton, Benton in August last year.  Dont remember the color off the top of my head. 
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Scott McGehee

Quote from: Mike Cork on August 30, 2022, 08:35:57 AM
Scott, I loved it when you posted this the first time. My goal is a DD on a frog but it's not worked out so good for me... I need to come fish your pond a couple times  :-* Yes I do know it's not easy to catch one in your pond but all the fish you do catch there will make it fun trying ~c~ ~c~

One of my neighbors caught on a couple of weeks ago over 10.  My backs been so bad, I have been in about 5 months.  Have to give it a try when it cools off.

Eric-Maine

Quote from: Scott McGehee on August 31, 2022, 01:35:11 PM

One of my neighbors caught on a couple of weeks ago over 10.  My backs been so bad, I have been in about 5 months.  Have to give it a try when it cools off.
Scott, did you fish a National in the late 90s on Fort Loudon/Teleco? I met a Scott from Mississippi. Titanium spinnerbait; big bass of the event as I recall?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Scott McGehee

Quote from: Eric-Maine on August 31, 2022, 03:19:15 PM
Quote from: Scott McGehee on August 31, 2022, 01:35:11 PM

Scott, did you fish a National in the late 90s on Fort Loudon/Teleco? I met a Scott from Mississippi. Titanium spinnerbait; big bass of the event as I recall?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Nope, it wasn't me.