introducing myself.

Started by Hobious, September 20, 2022, 09:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobious

hello All.

i am a Californian.  i fish Clearlake and the CA Delta along with a bunch of local and not so local other lakes.  i fish exclusively on a Hobie Kayak, with the occasional treat "ride-along" in a friends bass boat.  The pandemic and profound boredom made me rekindle my love for bass fishing.  started on the bank, and thought to myself, "hmm..if i only had a kayak".  now?   a bunch of rod/reel combos, baits, electronics...i have what we can call and obsession.

looking forward to learning more from you all. 

Capt. BassinLou

Welcome to UB, and thank you for taking the time with introducing yourself. Jump in where you like.  ~beer~

bigjim5589

Welcome to Ultimate Bass!  ~cf

Glad to have you join us!  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

I think that we have several other CA members and some that fish the Delta area.   

My oldest son & his family live in CA, but closer to San Francisco.  The oldest grandson, who is 14 has been bitten by the fishing bug!  Of course at his age, he's got a lot going on too!  lo
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Mike Cork

Welcome to UB and the obsession!

I spend a lot of time fishing Clear Lake, Delta, Oriville, Folsom, and Shasta. Then, the Air Force found it necessary to move me around a bit and landed in Louisiana but do dearly miss my California lakes. Make sure to share your trips with us in the California Fishing Reports section  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Hobious

i will keep up in the CA subforum for sure.

i love the Delta.  sunken boats, high end homes, and everything in between.

oh..and bass. 

Smallie_Stalker

Hobious, Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family !  Glad to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable. 

And welcome to the addiction. There is no 12 step program for this one.

Would you like to win some free baits from one of the great companies that sponsor our site? Be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest.

Hope to see many pictures of some big Cali bass in the future!

We're looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

bigjim5589

Quote from: Hobious on September 20, 2022, 11:19:50 AM
i will keep up in the CA subforum for sure.

i love the Delta.  sunken boats, high end homes, and everything in between.

oh..and bass.

I spent the majority of my life fishing the Chesapeake Bay area and brackish water for bass, so understand the alure of that type of water.  ~gf
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Pat Dilling

Welcome to the forum!  I live in Olivehurst, near Marysville.  My wife and I mostly fish closer to home lately.  Lake Oroville, Camp Far West, Oroville Afterbay, Collins Lake.  Still get to Clear Lake several times a year, don't fish the Delta much anymore.  I also go to New Melones since my daughter lives near Angels Camp.  And usually get to Shasta and Trinity for 2-3 day trips.  Look forward to seeing your posts.  I am a bass boat guy, maybe we can hook up some time.

Pat
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Hobious

Quote from: Pat Dilling on September 20, 2022, 02:49:35 PM
Welcome to the forum!  I live in Olivehurst, near Marysville.  My wife and I mostly fish closer to home lately.  Lake Oroville, Camp Far West, Oroville Afterbay, Collins Lake.  Still get to Clear Lake several times a year, don't fish the Delta much anymore.  I also go to New Melones since my daughter lives near Angels Camp.  And usually get to Shasta and Trinity for 2-3 day trips.  Look forward to seeing your posts.  I am a bass boat guy, maybe we can hook up some time.

Pat

New Melones in on my list.!!!!  thanks for chatting.

BassmanRudy

Welcome!! Love how you said "obsession" lol!!! Starts that way for all of us- dang bait monkey!! Fishing the Delta looks a lot like back in Louisiana/Texas water so I need to make it up there for sure.

I'm new to California and am kinda near LA. Have def thought of getting a kayak as shorebound can only do so much.
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Pat Dilling

If you are coming  a little ways North, check out the Oroville Thermolito Afterbay.  It has a lot of the same cover as Clear Lake and the Delta.  Tules, pond weed and even riprap along the levee walls.  If I were launching a kayak, I would do it from the ramp along Larkin Road.  The water is always warmer at that end.  The Afterbay helps warm the water coming out of Lake Oroville so the cold water does not shock the river or the crops it helps irrigate.  The water does rise and fall, but is not as predictable as tides are.  There are some real nice largemouth in there.  And the last few years they have been stocking it with 10" steelhead.  It's a fun place to fish, but it also can be fickle.  Bonus, it is free to use.  You can check the water level here: https://cdec.water.ca.gov/misc/hourly_res.html

Donald Garner

Hobious
Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Hobious

Quote from: Pat Dilling on September 22, 2022, 11:34:51 AM
If you are coming  a little ways North, check out the Oroville Thermolito Afterbay.  It has a lot of the same cover as Clear Lake and the Delta.  Tules, pond weed and even riprap along the levee walls.  If I were launching a kayak, I would do it from the ramp along Larkin Road.  The water is always warmer at that end.  The Afterbay helps warm the water coming out of Lake Oroville so the cold water does not shock the river or the crops it helps irrigate.  The water does rise and fall, but is not as predictable as tides are.  There are some real nice largemouth in there.  And the last few years they have been stocking it with 10" steelhead.  It's a fun place to fish, but it also can be fickle.  Bonus, it is free to use.  You can check the water level here: https://cdec.water.ca.gov/misc/hourly_res.html

Google Earthing this today! Thx.

Pat Dilling

Quote from: Hobious on September 23, 2022, 08:46:57 AM
Quote from: Pat Dilling on September 22, 2022, 11:34:51 AM

Google Earthing this today! Thx.

IF you adjust the GE image dates, you can see the Afterbay at different water levels.  That really helps you understand the structure.