Micropterus salmoides

Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: Forum updated, problems HERE if you see any!

MLF Bass Pro Tour CHanges to best 5 format!

(Read 634 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Pat Dilling

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
We all saw the surveys, assume many of us answered them.  They will keep the catch-weigh- release, along with the live scoretracker.  But now the best 5 is what will count.  They will zero weights after the qualifying rounds, knockout round weights will carry forward to the championship round.  Will definitely change how the guys fish.
https://majorleaguefishing.com/bass-pro-tour/scoring-changes-announced-for-2023-bass-pro-tour/
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Smallie_Stalker

• Community Diplomat
  • Dobyns Rods When fishing is more than just a hobby
Thanks for posting this Pat.

I'm still not sure we need another "best 5 fish" tourney trail but at least they are doing it a bit differently. Seems like a good compromise between their original format and the best 5 approach.

I think it will make it a little more challenging for the anglers and it will be interesting to see how it changes their strategies.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

BassmanRudy

• Staff
  • I'd Rather be Bass Fishing!! :-)
I'm surprised they changed it to be honest. It's what set them apart and honestly it was fun watching competitors get completely spun out hearing others whacking em when they weren't!

I still enjoy watching/seeing ALL the fishing footage that I can and MLF def has thousands of hours available!
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB