Adopt A Family Raffle Fundraiser 2022

Started by Mike Cork, November 01, 2022, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

2022 Ultimate Bass Adopt A Family Fundraiser Raffle

THIS IS THE BIG ONE- A couple rods, several reels and great tackle to be had.

Prize order and amount subject to change, I'm still taking a few things...maybe?

It's time to kick off the Annual Ultimate Bass Adopt A Family Fundraiser Raffle. This is not the mini's we've been running all year, this one has the great prizes in it!!!

A quick synopsis for those that weren't part of Ultimate Bass last year. Ultimate Bass holds a raffle to raise money for a family in need each year at Christmas. Our tenth annual means so far, we've helped 11 (last year we helped two) families over the past 10 Holiday Seasons. These families typically had extreme medical bills preventing a joy filled holiday season. However, a couple of our recipients simply were families who had fallen on very hard times.

Last year, with your (everyone here at Ultimate Bass) support, we raised enough money to help two families. Both families had babies in very severe danger of not surviving and your funds help them in ways we can't imagine.

Baby Cole
Baby Remington

Two years ago our fundraising helped a family who's mother/wife had ocular cancer which spread severely. She was receiving treatments three states away. The drive back and forth was financially impossible on top of all the medical bills. There is much more to their story, here's a link to the video of when we presented the funds Presenting Adopt A Family to the Ivie's

Meet this years Adopt A Family Khadees and Katie. They are in dire need of our help, dad hasn't been able to work for a long time and has recently had major surgery. Let's get together and show them what the bass fishing community can do!!!!

Let's get to the raffle... I always want to start in October sometimes but never do  ~b~

Ultimate Bass Adapt A Family Raffle Prizes
(There may be more prizes and will be listed in order of value)

IF YOU BUY TICKETS VIA PAY PAL or VENMO PLEASE  PUT YOUR SCREEN NAME IN THE NOTES SECTION

I haven't received all the prizes but it's shaking out like this

Grand Prize:
FDx Custom Rod Full details coming soon
Shimano Curado 200 HG
Monster Fishing Tackle Gift Code $50

First place prize:
Dobyns Fury Rod (choice with $129.99 limit)
Daiwa Spinning Reel
John Crews Hand Picked baits
- John Crews Polarized Sunglasses
- Spro Little John MD 50 #42 Real Perch
- Signed Spro Little John DD70 #50 Matte "woops"y Chrome
- Signed Spro Little John 50 #45 Copper Shad
- Robo Worm 6" Magic Worm Passion Shad
- Missle Baits Missle Craw Love Bug
- Missle Baits Drop Craw Oxblood Red Flake
- Missle Baits Quiver 6.5 Bluetonium Green Pumpkin Core

2nd Place:
Dobyns Fury rod (Choice with $129.99)
Shimano SLX DC 150 XG casting reel
John Crews donated
- Flipping Kit
- Signed "Crews Missile" T-Shirt - Not in the store yet ~shade
Pitbull Braid Cutters

3rd Place: From Fish_in_1
Striker Camo Hat signed by John Crews
Missile Baits Ned Rig Kit
Visit Missile Baits to check out contents
Monster Gift Code $50
Daiwa Spinning reel

4th Place: From Fish_in_1
Pond Fishing Kit
Visit Missile Baits to check out contents
Monster Gift Code $50
Pitbull Braid Cutters

5th Place: From Fish_in_1
2 PK Missle Baits Baby D Stroyer Candy Grass
Missle Baits D Stroyer Green Pumpkin Flash
Missle Baits D Bomb Copper Chopper
Missle Baits Quiver 6.5 Bluetonium Green Pumpkin Core
Missle Baits Craw Father Bruiser Flash
Missle Baits The 48 Straight Black
Pitbull Braid Cutters

6th Place: From Fish_in_1
Missile Baits Craw Father Blue Brusier
Missile Baits Quiver 6.5 Bluetonium Green Pumpkin Core
Missile Baits Baby D Stroyer Candy Grass
Missile Baits D Stroyer Green Pumpkin Flash
Missile Baits D Bomb Copper Chopper
Pitbull Braid Cutters

7th Place:
$100 in baits from Mister Twister

8th Place:
$100 bait package from bigjim5589 at J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC

9th Place: From Monster Fishing
13 Fishing
- Lunch Bug #24 Moldy Orange
- Ninja Craw #15 OG Sour
- 4 Jig Trailer Flipping #15 OG Sour
- Invader Rabbit Ear Tail #35 Blueberry Yum Yum
Pitbull Braid Cutters

10th Place: From Monster Fishing
13 Fishing
- Lunch Bug #35 Blueberry Yum Yum
- Lunch Bug #15 OG Sour
- Ninja Craw #13 Witches Brew
Pitbull Braid Cutters

11th Place: From Monster Fishing
- Ninja Craw #13 Witches Brew
- Lunch Bug #24 Moldy Orange
- Lunch Bug #35 Blueberry Yum Yum
Pitbull Braid Cutters

12th Place:
C & R Lures Spinnerbait / Buzzbait / Chatterbait package $100

13th - 17th
Five winners will receive a 1 year subscription to BAM - Bass Angler Magazine

Tickets are your basic Raffle Ticket. Ticket cost:

IF YOU BUY TICKETS VIA PAY PAL or VENMON PLEASE PUT YOUR SCREEN NAME IN THE NOTES SECTION

1 ticket for $5
5 tickets for $20
30 tickets for $100

I will be tracking ticket purchases like always. Many times we are not able to spend $100 at a time to get the bonus tickets. If you buy $100 worth of tickets over a series of purchases I will give you the extra tickets to equal thirty with the purchase that takes you over $100. So if you buy 5 sets of $20 that gets you 25 tickets and I will kick in the extra five tickets to make the 30.

We take all forms of money but prefer Pay Pal or Venmo. Make sure to send funds via "Friends and Family". You can mail a check (please let me know it's coming), did I say we prefer Pay Pal, and if you want to use a CC we can send you a Pay Pal invoice that you can pay without having a Pay Pal account. See the bottom of the post for further information.

I also take Venmo as of this year my email for both Venmo and PayPal is mike at ultimatebass.com

I will message you the numbers of your tickets. You'll need to hang onto these numbers. On December 16th we will draw the winners and post the ticket numbers. We will do the drawing on Facebook Live to ensure the integrity of the raffle. (You do not have to have Facebook in order to win, winning numbers will be published on the Ultimate Bass forums) I will also write your screen name on the back of your tickets so we'll know who won what on drawing night.

The funds recipient - we are still taking applications at this time please submit a small write up about the family and their needs to myself, FD, or Capt. Bassinlou

How to Pay for Tickets

Mailing Address for checks

Ultimate Bass
C/O Adopt a Family
5422 Amber Circle
Benton La 71006

Pay Pal and Venmo:
First and foremost, save everyone the fees and send funds as "Friends and Family"

Please put your "SCREEN NAME" and "Adopt a Family" in the notes section.

Credit Card
Our only option here is to send you an invoice via Pay Pal, you do not have to have a Pay Pal account to pay the invoice. However, there is a 3% surcharge and since this is a fund raiser, I'll split it with you.

Disclaimer: We have to have one so here it goes. All rules and prizes of this raffle are subject to change by site administration. Ultimate Bass is not responsible for the delivery of prizes; however we will provide our best efforts to ensure winners receive their prizes in a timely manner.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

A big shout out to thanks these four members that jumped at my hints and got some tickets early. You guys rock :toot:

Dark3
Bassmedic46
Eric-Maine
blacknredflake

Please take the time to read through the post and reading back through our previous recipients, they are the reason we do this and we can only do this because of our members!!!!

Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike Cork

Got it. I'll get your tickets this weekend.

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Shout out to Smallie_Stalker as he always gets a bunch of tickets and has started.

Bassmedic46 is racking up his donations as well with another

You guys ROCK!!!

We need to get going on this guys, It may seem like Christmas is a long way off but we will need to have this wrapped up in just six weeks or so, so we can present the funds!!!

Dig deep this year, I know we are all stretched thin but think about those that aren't making...

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

The List... Make sure you get on it!!!

J.W. :toot: Got you added and Thank You ~c~

Dark3
Bassmedic46   x2
Eric-Maine
blacknredflake
Smallie_Stalker
J.W.

Please take the time to read back through our previous recipients, they are the reason we do this and we can only do this because of our members!!!!

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Bassmedic46 you are a wild man, THANK YOU!!!

BassmanRudy, your generosity is amazing, thank you sir  ~c~ ~c~

Dark3
Bassmedic46   x3
Eric-Maine
blacknredflake
Smallie_Stalker
J.W.
BassmanRudy

Please take the time to read back through our previous recipients, they are the reason we do this and we can only do this because of you our members!!!!

Cork's Reel Service

twocold

Mike,
Paypal on the way glad I could help
twocold

Mike Cork

Thank You TwoCold, that was a great shot in the arm  ~c~ ~c~ You should have your tickets already...

Okay folks we're starting to get a few tickets in the bucket but it's going to take a lot more. Don't be skeered of winning one of these great prizes  :-*

Get your tickets and know that every penny is going to help a family this holiday!!! No administration fees or employee's that need paid, 100% goes to the family or families that we help.

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Gotta get TwoCold on the list  ~bb ~bb

Dark3
Bassmedic46   x3
Eric-Maine
blacknredflake
Smallie_Stalker
J.W.
BassmanRudy
Twocold

Please take the time to read back through our previous recipients, they are the reason we do this and we can only do this because of you our members!!!!

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

I know I haven't been doing my job well but we have managed a couple more donations :-*

D.W. Verts, Thank You sir, you Da Man!
SteveTX, Thank you for your support every year  ~bb

Bassmedic, your off the chain :toots: getting another donation in!!!

Dark3
Bassmedic46   x5
Eric-Maine
blacknredflake
Smallie_Stalker
J.W.
BassmanRudy
Twocold
SteveTX
D.W. Verts

Folks please find a way to save twenty dollars and buy some tickets. A weeks worth of Starbucks on the way to work is $50. I used to buy a soda on the way to work. That's $2 a day $10 a week. Most of us spend small amounts of money every day like it's nothing, the folks we help out can't put food on the table because they are keeping the heat on....

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Bassmedic46 Your an Animal !!!! Thank you so very much!!! Your support is going a long way this year ~c~ ~c~

I got you down for another set of tickets and I'll get the numbers sent to you shortly.

Cork's Reel Service

Bassinkorea

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Mike Cork

I got yours BK, thank you so very much, your generosity each years is greatly appreciated :toot:

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Okay guys we are behind this year. I know it's a tough year on all of us for many reasons, but surely "The List" can get longer  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

The List

Dark3
Bassmedic46   x5
Eric-Maine
blacknredflake
Smallie_Stalker
J.W.
BassmanRudy
Twocold
Princeton_Man
SteveTX
D.W. Verts
BassinKorea

It's not hard to find a few dollars. We do have a family. I'm working on the bio and will get it posted. I promise, they can use all the coffee and soda money you spend between now and the middle of next month.

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Dark 3, Donald Garner, and Bassmedic thank you so much, your continued and very generous support is truly a blessing to our fundraiser.  ~c~ ~c~

I'm cheating and just modifying this post to at J.W. with his second ticket purchase :toot:

The List

Dark3                  x2
Bassmedic46     x6 (Amazing :toot: )
Eric-Maine
blacknredflake
Smallie_Stalker
J.W.                    x2
BassmanRudy
Twocold
Princeton_Man
SteveTX
D.W. Verts
BassinKorea
Donald Garner

It's not hard to find a few dollars, I know everyone is eyeing those Black Friday deals, just think this family can't even open the flyer because they are more worried about food and utilities.

I'm working on the bio and will get it posted. I promise, they can use all the coffee and soda money you spend between now and the middle of next month.
[/quote]

Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

I'll send some more $$ next week Mike.

In the meantime a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has been able to give so far. It will go a.long way to helping a family that is struggling.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

Sent you another PayPal Mike.

D.W. Verts

I just posted five brand-new LH baitcasters in the Classifieds, and the funds received will go to Mike for AAF... These are lower-end reels, but would make a GREAT addition to a newer fisherman's arsenal. There you go.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Dark3

Sent another venmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

Smallie_Stalker

I sent another PayPal yesterday. 

Been having a few glitches with it since the weekend. Mike, if you don't see it by tomorrow please let me know so I can get it out some other way.

SteveTX

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on November 23, 2022, 12:03:01 PM

Been having a few glitches with it since the weekend. Mike, if you don't see it by tomorrow please let me know so I can get it out some other way.

I have been trying with Venmo for around a week to send more but every time I have tried it says declined. I have been working with Mike on a work around and today he says he got it!  :shocking:
Now I am concerned since every time it said declined, yet now we know at least 1 went through. I am wondering how many of approximately 30 attempts of it saying declined actually went through!!!! This wasnt a $20 attempt either.  :surrender:

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: SteveTX on November 23, 2022, 04:41:50 PM
Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on November 23, 2022, 12:03:01 PM

I have been trying with Venmo for around a week to send more but every time I have tried it says declined. I have been working with Mike on a work around and today he says he got it!  :shocking:
Now I am concerned since every time it said declined, yet now we know at least 1 went through. I am wondering how many of approximately 30 attempts of it saying declined actually went through!!!! This wasnt a $20 attempt either.  :surrender:

Bigbass201

I'll check out the Venmo or way to get it to you this year Mike.  I dumped Pay Pal.  I'll figure it out this weekend.
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035