Opinions and questions

Started by Mike the fox, November 01, 2022, 06:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Well, Mike it sounds like you have about made your mind up to get the skeeter.  Are you still thinking about it or are you gonna keep looking.

Mike the fox

Just got home from looking at it. It's a done deal! Boat overall is in good shape. Needs a little love but nothing I can't handle. I'll be the second owner. 2011 skeeter zx200 with a Yamaha vmax 200 2 stroke. Minn Kota 24volt ultrex with 2 helix 10's linked together. Power head was redone this summer with paperwork. Seller seemed pretty honest. We went all over it and he showed me how everything worked then we went for a test drive. I mad a lap around the lake and he encouraged me to run it as much as possible. We put it back on the trailer and made a deal. I bought it under my budget so I've got some cash leftover for... rods, reels, who knows!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

BassmanRudy

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Bud Kennedy

Smallie_Stalker

Congrats on the new ride!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike the fox

Thanks guys! I'll get some more pics to post up

Eric-Maine

Sweet ride. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

Congrats on the boat, I'd use the cash saved for a good going over, fluid changes, tune up, etc. We need more pics.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Mike the fox

So my ultrex has Bluetooth on it. Can I buy a remote and pair it up? I like to let my wife fish the bow but she doesn't want to run the trolling motor.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Mike the fox on November 24, 2022, 09:54:32 AM
So my ultrex has Bluetooth on it. Can I buy a remote and pair it up? I like to let my wife fish the bow but she doesn't want to run the trolling motor.

Yes, there is a remote and there's also an app for your phone.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Princeton_Man

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

SteveTX

Mike the fox

Thanks. Just downloaded the app and it works good. I wonder how bad it will kill the battery on my phone? If it would be better to just buy the remote?

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Mike the fox on November 24, 2022, 11:14:32 AM
Thanks. Just downloaded the app and it works good. I wonder how bad it will kill the battery on my phone? If it would be better to just buy the remote?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10 and it does fine, but I use and prefer the large remote with touch screen. I've used the app  at most two or three hours and not a lot if difference in battery strength. I suppose if I let my phone hang where it could be more quickly accessed, I might use it more. I use the Auto Pilot, Record Track, and Spotlock most of the time and for me the remote is a lot more convenient.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

caddyjoe77

i use the remote a lot more than i would use a bluetooth connection on my phone. 
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Congrats on the new ride  ~c~  Tks for sharing the picture with us also.. That's a really nice looking Skeeter there  ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

I had an early I-Pilot, no bluetooth, I just hung the remote around my neck so it was right there if I needed it, worked well.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Mike the fox

I ordered the remote. Figured it was easier than digging out my phone every time I want to make an adjustment. Besides one of the best parts about being on the water is not looking at your phone.

Captsteve

Congratulations

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Mike the fox

Took her out for a few hours on Rayburn yesterday. Boat ran fine. Wife caught a couple small bass. I caught nothing. It's going to take some getting used to all the boats. When I was in Maine there obviously were other people fishing but this is on another level. Holy smokes! One thing I didn't understand. There was a tournament out of the same landing we used. We fisherman's not far from the landing. At about 10:50 a.m. all kinds of boats raced for the landing. 20 or 30 minutes later they all left again and headed back down lake. Why? Mid day weigh in?

Bud Kennedy

Mike, sounds like the tournament was a Big Bass event.  Prizes are awarded through out the day as established by certain cut off times for morning vs afternoon catches. 

Mike the fox

That makes sense.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on December 04, 2022, 11:28:08 AM
Mike, sounds like the tournament was a Big Bass event.  Prizes are awarded through out the day as established by certain cut off times for morning vs afternoon catches.
Or a MLF format type of event.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club