November 2022 Home Front Activities and Carrying On's

Started by Donald Garner, November 01, 2022, 07:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark3

Don, I over see the color guard. We do alot of salute to heroes stuff this time off year. In the last 2 weeks we have done a Uc Davis Aggies game and a Sac Kings game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donald Garner

Good evening from Belton, Texas  ;)

Forecasted temps across Central Texas today were 61-73 dgrs with 81% humidity and an E wind @ 6mphs.  There's a chance of some rain later on tonight and tomorrow.  There's a Cold Front moving in tonight also.  The weekend ahead looks like chilly but sunny skies.

Ground Hog day at the Fun Farm.  Nothing exciting happening here a the home front.  We had a simple meal of left overs > Taco Soup <  Tomorrow we're working 6am - 2:30pm.  I'm dividing everyone into teams and we're starting at one end of the bldg. and working our way to the other end.  Lots of desks to wipe down, floors to sweep and mop etc.  I have a Leads meeting tomorrow with the Director also.

Bud; Glad to hear there wasn't any really nasty weather moving through your area.  On the weather map it sure looks nasty.  Is the wife feeling any better yet?  I still have y'all in my daily prayers.

Dark 3; Tks for sharing that information.  We have High School Marine Corp ROTC programs here at all (3) High Schools.   They always do a great job at the football games and other community held events.  I like watching the Color Guard as they preform their tasks.   

To everyone have a relaxing and pleasant evening.  Be safe in your travels also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 55 headed to low 60s, cloudy rain should be here in the afternoon should get about 2 inches or so. Saw the Pain Management Doc yesterday, I get my injections December 5th, injections on the 5th, new shoulder on the 15th, it's getting better in my opinion.
Bud, can't knock dry weather, cooling I don't mind, I like the change of seasons, I'm not fond of wet weather or wet weather with changing fronts, tough on the arthritis.
D3, are you going to be doing the color guard thing in between bouts of trying to stay warm?
Donald, another short weekend, sounds like they'll pad your wallet before you're retired, more tackle!!! How are legs doing? We have you in our prayers.
Have a great day and weekend, be well!!! 
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

bassmedic46

Good Morning Everyone 44 degrees here and supposed to be a rainy day.

Thank you to all the Veteran who have served.
My headache Dr put me on new meds as my headaches have gotten worse and I haven't been able to read the computer screen. Have a appointment today with my cardiologist who still hasn't figured out why my legs are swollen. Right side of my heart is enlarged.

Old Fart, I hope the injections work.

Donald, I hope the Benadryl worked and your legs were less itchy. Hopefully today is better at the fun farm.

Bud I hope you don't get hit to hard by the storm.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. Continued prayers for everyone.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

topdsm0138

Hey everyone.

Happy Armistice Day/Veteran's Day.

Been busy as Hades lately. First all the work flooding in from after Ian hit S FL, and now the calls have been flooded for work from Nicole hitting the coast. A LOT of seawall and foundation evaluations, inspections and repair. Now for the hard part, getting the crews to actually work. Having a BIG issue in getting the guys to do what they need to do, get out the door on time.

Hope all is well with everyone. I stop by and read all the great threads & conversations, but just not a lot of time to reply to them all. Sorry.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Bud Kennedy

The storm has left our area.  It did not amount to much at all.  A few light showers and some gusty winds between 20 and 30 mph.  Most of the storm tracked inland and dropped a lot of rain and higher winds than here on the coast.  Tomorrow will be a nice day but will usher in some much cooler weather tomorrow evening.  It was 80 degrees today so all in all it was a pleasant day except for a few passing showers.

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,
What a day weather wise here in Central Texas  ~shade  At 10am this morning it was raining and hailing so hard I couldn't even see the front of the truck.  The skies were dark and black like it was 10pm.  The wind was out of control.  It rain fricking hard for a couple hours here.  The forecasted temps were 35-66dgrs with 78% humidity and a NE wind @ 16mphs.  The temp has been dropping all afternoon.  It's 36dgrs here right now.

We had to work today which we always do on Veterans Day.  We got a lot done but my team sure made it hard on themselves  ~b~  Oh well they should've paid attention and asked questions this morning when I briefed the plan to them  ~shade  The place does look a lot better than it has in a good while.  I'm now short 4 personnel and I have no idea when replacements will be arriving :-\

Bud; Glad to hear the storm moved on and no damaged was done.
Top; Tks brother and the same to ya.  I have the same issue with my workers also.  When they show up some of them just go through the motion and collect that pay check.
bassmedic 46; Brother thanks  and I hope you get to feeling better soon.  The Benadryl has been working pretty good.  I have a follow up appointment on Monday at the Open Wound Clinic and with my Kidney Doctor.  Hopefully they'll both have some good news for me.  I still have ya in my daily prayers buddy.
Rodney; Yep I like these short weeks. Tomorrow will be a quick in and out at work.  Just going in to do the time sheets.  The legs are still draining etc.  Monday I have an appointment at the Open Wound Clinic and with my Kidney doctor.  I had some lab work done Wednesday and they gave me a piss jug to fill up on Sunday.  The kidney doc wants a bigger sample  ~shade  With this BP meds I'm taking etc. taking a piss isn't hard to do lo   Tks for the prayers my good man.  They sure do help.

Alrighty guys y'all have a relaxing evening and really pleasant day tomorrow.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Donald Garner

Good morning from Belton, Texas  8)

The storms have all cleared from Central Texas.  We're starting the day off with Bright Blue Bird Skies  ~sun ~sun  Forecasted temps for today are 29 - 55dgrs with 55% humidity and a N wind @ 15mphs.  Its a little chilly across our area this morning.

Stopped in the office to knock out our weekly time sheets.  Made a pit stop and picked up a biscuit, egg, bacon, cheese sandwich and a diet Mountain Dew for breakfast.  Made a couple updates to the work calendar and back home now.  We're heading over to Crusader Stadium to watch a football game this afternoon.  Today is the final game of the season.  Playoff games start next weekend.

With all the rain we had last week the G3 is full of water again.  So I'll spent some time after the game draining the boat.  The upcoming forecast shows plenty of sun so the covers will be put on both boats soon.

To everyone have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend with the family.  Be safe in your travels if you're out and about.

Princeton_Man

Tomorrow's forecast puts us at a high of 36° tomorrow and low of 23°. That's brutal since we've been in between the 70s and 50s seems like forever. Difference is Texas doesn't stay that way. I'd love to have your weather, Don.

I'd be freaking out if the Stratos got that full. Do you leave the plug in intentionally?
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

bassmedic46

Good Afternoon Everyone, Hit 70 today and tomorrow will be 48. It did clear up earlier in the afternoon.

Donald, Hope the football games were good and it didn't take long to drain the G3.

Hope everyone had a good day and has a good night.

Dark3

Actually pretty cool here in Norcal. Been patching nail holes and packing. Thursday the movers come to pack everything then a few days later the truck comes. The interior of the house in NY is painted and the flooring guy is starting to do his thing. Its alot of $$ but its definitely an investment in the house, freshening it up and raising its value. I made a call to staff duty to talk to the Ops SGM to feel out the unit or where I might end up. It seems likely I will be a cannon battery 1SG but nothing is for sure yet.

Rodney, I wont be running the color guard anymore at the new job. I hope the injections help. I have some on Wednesday for the first time in years.

Don, have you ever put the cover on when you get home with it or only in the winter?

Donald Garner

Good morning to all
Woke up with 28dgrs with Blue Bird Skies outside  :surrender:  I got up and turned the furnace on it was 56dgrs inside of the house.  We're now at 38dgrs outside and its comfortable inside of the house now  ~shade
Our forecasted temps for Central Texas today were 28-56dgrs with 57% humidity and an E wind @ 7mphs.

The wife went to church this morning I'm stuck at home conducting a 24hr urinalyses  collection :surrender:  I have a follow up appointment with my kidney doctor in the morning.  There is nothing planned for today except relaxing and watching tv.

Dark3; Have fun patching holes etc.  I remember having to do that while living in quarters.  We always paid the housing office to hire a cleaning team.  Good luck with your new assignment hope you get selected to be the Battery 1SG.  I keep the boats covered all the time here.  They keep the critters out and helps protect the interior of from the elements and blowing leaves.

bassmedic46; The football game was a blow out they won 62-3.  I left at the beginning of the 4th quarter.  I got home and got the shop vac and drained the G3.  It didn't take too long.  With the weather forecast the carpet should be dried in a couple days.

Jim; Its was cold this morning but by the end of the week we're looking at 70's for the highs.  I leave the drain plugs out in both the G3 and Stratos.  For the most part the cover on the Stratos does a good job of keeping water out.  Except for this last hail storm the cover split right across the consoles.  There's a floor drain in the center of the floor right in front of the seats.  All the incoming water drained down into the hull and runs out the back of the drain hole.  The G3 just fills up due to the way it sits on the trailer. Both are drying out now and hopefully by Wednesday I'll have the covers back on them.

To everyone have a relaxing and pleasant Sunday.  Enjoy that family time together.  Be safe in your travels if you have to get out.

topdsm0138

Went and put 6mi in at the local Mountain Bike Park. After 2yrs off the bikes, I was shocked to see that I wasn't as slow as I thought I would be, even at 42yrs old and after open chest surgery 12mo ago. Hell, I'm not even on a newer style bike, it's an old Schwinn.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 33 headed to 40, snow on the ground, partly cloudy, nice late fall day. Saw my primary care Doc Friday, I have an MRI with contrast December 9th of my kidneys to see what's up there, not waiting for the other Doctor. I have a busy December coming up, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now.
Top, good news about the biking, keep it up.
D3, The snow is starting, don't know if it'll keep coming but it's beginning. You'll be close to the St. Lawrence, it's been on fire the last few years, big catches and trophy size smallmouths. I hope you have good ear plugs. lo
Bud, glad you didn't get hit hard, I'm sure it'll warm back up a bit more.
Bass medic, you're in our daily prayers.
Donald, good to be quiet at the fun farm, better to not be there. Hope all your tests go well, it's amazing what they can do now, I'm glad of it.
Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney

Donald Garner

Good evening from Central Texas
Hope everyone has had a pleasant day today.  Our forecast temps for the area here were 38-48dgrs with 97%humidity and a N wind @ 10mphs.  It rained on and off for most of the day. 

Spent the morning at the VA Hospital taking care of business.  I had a Lab appointment first thing turned in my 24hours urine collection; Next stop was the Open Wound Clinic they removed my old bandages, cleaned up the lower legs and rewrapped them.  They told next week I'll be able to get my regular shoes back on my feet  ~c~  The lower leg area was looking good and the blisters have disappeared.  There was still some slight swelling but they have a plan for that next week.  Last appointment was with the Kidney Doctor.  We're making some progress he doesn't want to get into a big hurry and over work the kidneys.  To everyone Thank Y'all for all the prayers  ~shade  we're still Vertical and Breathing  ;)

I formally submitted my retirement paperwork today.  HR sent me an email letting me know they'd receive it.  January 3rd 2023 is just around the corner and I can't wait.  The Custodian Director will now have a month and half to find my replacement.  Hopefully we'll have some time together and show him or her around.

Rodney; Best wishes on your up and coming medical visits and treatments.  I still have ya in my daily prayers.  We're moving forward in a positive way with my medical issues.

Top; That's darn good news that you're able to perform that task.  Tks for sharing that with us. 

To everyone have a really pleasant and relaxing evening.   

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 35 headed to a balmy 38, cloudy, no sun, dry, another good day to run and gun fish, find them slow down and catch a couple then back to run and gunning.
Donald, congrats on the retirement, so you are now, officially, a short timer, counting the days and the hours, Mrs. Donald is getting the honey-do list, probably a book, ready. lo Your recliner will get a real workout. lo After a week or so the wandering around will begin along with the retirement stare but you'll get the hang of it and become laid back like Bud and I. You and Mrs. Donald will spend more time together and catch up on what you missed while you were working. You're still in our daily prayers.
Rodney

Bud Kennedy

It has been a rainy and somewhat cool day today.  It finally go to about 64 for a high and the promise of much cooler weather ahead for at least through the Thanksgiving holiday.

Spent some time today continuing to do prep work for painting my man room.  I am about ready to start slinging some paint on the ceiling.  The big deal is moving stuff around so I can reach where I need to reach.  In our little house just not enough room to have the benefit of removing everything.  So it will be an exercise in moving stuff around to reach all the places.  I am not in a hurry to get it all done and will be taking my time although the Mrs. seems to think I am gonna work day and night and get it done in a short time.  She always asks if I want her help but with her mobility issues and a bit of dementia it is better for her to not be involved and I realize this upsets her.  In all her years she has always been able to help do tasks like this but unfortunately that is kinda difficult these days.

Donald Garner

Greetings from Central Texas
Forecasted temps from our area here were 36-46dgrs with 80%humidity and a E wind @ 4mphs.  It was somewhat sunny today and on the chilly side. 

I got an email from HR today wanting to do an Exit Interview.  I answered all the questions and sent it back.  I spent most of the day working on the Desk Top Standard Operating Procedure Book for my replacement.  The director called me and informed me she posted my position and will start interviewing hopefully the end of this month.
I worked late yesterday & today to make up the 4 hours I was gone on Monday.  Tomorrow I'll be running around on the Gator.  My outside day person just texted me he's not coming to work due to his wife being sick.  He's going to be watching the kids.
Its' going to be a busy day now.

Bud; sir you have fun painting your man room.  Sorry to hear of the wife's health condition.  I still have y'all in my daily prayers.  Hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Rodney; Tks buddy, I'm so ready for this to get started.  Yep the Honey Do List is being formulated already.  We kinda talked a little bit about it already.  Both back decks need power cleaned and re-stained and water proofed.  All (10) of the flower beds need re-mulched which means several trips down to the dirt shop.  Of course each flower bed will have to be de-weeded prior to re-mulching them.  The front porch steps need power cleaned and re-stained and water proofed also.   And lastly there will be the morning walks to get the blood pumping and flowing through the body.  Yes sir I'm looking forward to all of this.

To everyone have a blessed day tomorrow.  Be safe in your travels if your having to get out. 

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 33 headed to 42, last I looked out at the streetlight snow was coming down, the ground is sort of covered, but it's melting. We have several days of this then it warms up a touch. Not much going on here, just waiting for the procedures to get done, sitting with a heating pad on my back and shoulder. So, are we ready for war? I see what's going on in Ukraine and wonder why the poor Poles are getting sucked into that mess, and they say the grownups are in charge.
Bud, I feel for you and what you're having to do for mrs. Bud, went through it with my mother, my sister lived down south so I had to make choices I didn't want to, growing older isn't for sissies. You're in our daily prayers.
Donald, it doesn't sound like you're retiring, just changing jobs. lo Are you going to change your phone numbers when you retire? How are your fishing plans coming? My wife will be taking Family Leave when my shoulder gets done, hopefully when I'll be able to travel a bit we will be able to.
Rodney 

Bud Kennedy

Medical appointment today with my cardiologist. Just a routine check up with ekg.  I am pleased to report that all is well.   The Doctor says my heart is in the condition of a much younger person than my almost 77 years.  I am glad to hear that but I know that when it comes to the heart things can happen without notice.  For now I am happy about the good report.  Considering that I have been a smoker for 60 years this continues to amaze me.  I guess I was awarded a good set of genes.
A fairly nice day to day.  Temps in the lower 60s and partly cloudy skies.  Lows tonight down to the lower 40s so all in all still good.  Really cold weather heading in by tomorrow night and will continue through thanksgiving.  I guess we will not be cooking out this holiday.

Donald just to be clear about honey do lists.  They may be documented but they don't have to be completed during your first days of retirement.  Time to get some more hours in your recliner just to keep your old guy license active.  Don't make the rest of us unemployed old folks look bad.  LOL

Donald Garner

Howdy from Belton, Texas  ;)
Forecasted temps for today were 38 - 52dgrs with 52% humidity and NE wind @ 4mphs.  Everyone seems to be enjoying this cooler weather here.  I know I am  ~shade

Busy day today and a bad day turned into a GREAT DAY.  A few weeks ago I got an email directing me that my team was tasked with moving all the library furniture out so new carpet could be installed.  I went in today and brought my tape measure and wow.  We have 12 book cases in the library.  All of them are all one piece units.  Some have 3 compartments for books.  Some have 4, 5 6 and 7 compartments.  They range in length from 12ft >>22ft long.  I called my director and supervisor with my concerns.  They showed up we had a meeting with the principal and associate principal. Phone calls were made and the bottom line was.  The assistance director from Maintenance was told he was in charge and he already had a plan.  That was GREAT NEWS my team and I are no longer part of this situation.  The assistance director from maintenance was told weeks ago this was his project etc.  Someone decided to start an email that went around and around causing a lot of unnecessary headaches.  Wow the day ended on a good note and I'm really glad for that.  I didn't want this headache.

Bud; Yes sir I understand about the Honey Do List Completion time frame.  I had to laugh out loud when I read your posting.  I'm the type that if the nagging starts etc.  I'll quit work or I'll just slow down even more  ~shade  In the past when given the tasking I'll sit down and do up a plan etc. then I'll come in and explain my time line.  Most of the time it gets approved with that evil look once in a while.   Redoing those decks I'm going to get on line and see what the local contractors will charge.  I've done the desk a couple times prior and it's taken me a week each time.  We'll just wait and see how motivated I am when the time comes around.
Sure hope the wife gets better soon for ya.  We still have her and you in our daily prayers.  Tks also and glad to hear your check up went well for ya.

Rodney; Hate hearing that white stuff is starting to come down.  I hate that stuff and glad we don't get very much of it here in Central Texas.  Those projects I mentioned are the Big Major ones.  There going to get spread out over time for sure.  I might even hire a contractor to come in and handle those deck missions  :-\
Fishing isn't on my radar right now.  Our lakes are so low and still dropping it's not funny.  I turned the Master Switch on the Stratos and there's an 1/8 tank gas left in there still.  I need to pull it out and get the tank filled up.  I don't like not having a full tank when it's just sitting.  I checked a couple fishing reports and those catching the fish are fishing really DEEP.....now over structure.  I'm not that kind of fisherman.   I like fishing 20ft and less  ;)
Good luck and we have you in our daily prayers.  Hope the upcoming surgery goes well for ya.

To everyone have a relaxing evening and a better day tomorrow.   

Dark3

Im glad your health situations seem to be trending positive. Looks like it's starting to get cold put most of your areas especially Rodney. The temps up in Watertown look like they fell through the floor in the matter of a couple weeks its now diving down to single digits and the teens forecasted. I hope the house is alright until I get there. We have been very busy and are tonight. Packers come in the morning and everything has to be segregated that isnt going. Alot of work. Congrats Don!!!! A long time coming I hope you enjoy it and make the best of it. Bud, my blood pressure was high today but I am in a back spasm so that would most likely explain it (plus I drank a bunch of beers last night haha ). I got 6 injections in the facet joints 3-4-5 on both sides with a test hit of lidocaine to see if that was the causing areas. It did not make a difference. They offered to do an epidural to a disc pretrution area but I turned it down for now atleast until I get settled based on the risk. Ended up leaving with celebrex, gabepentin, and 14 tramedol pills to get me to the other side as needed. Everyone be safe and stay in good health.

caddyjoe77

hello everyone....been so busy for the last 18 months its insane travelling all the time and not a lot of time at home. 

recently upgraded the boat to lithium for cranking and electronics only power, while i was at it i went ahead and picked up a livescope and a garmin graph.  So running a mega 360 and livescope now.  Picked up a dual graph mount which makes everything really good looking plus a th marine troll jacket.  Much much better cable management -- highly recommend!!

anyway, so of course as Murphy would have it, my power steering went kaput so i was regulated to idling around since i couldnt turn good (think like a 47 ford truck without power steering  lo

anyway, as with everything else, even mechanics are in short supply so boat has been at the shop for weeks now.  Today I get the call -- bad pump (i suspected this but still annoying),  Luckily when i bought the dirty bird in 2018, I also bought the platinum service plan -- basically that just paid for itself. 

hopefully i have a new pump installed by next week because i am heading to lake mitchell in December to try and get on some big coosa spots. 

good to see the normal folks in here yik yakking away.....
BeerMe

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 33 headed to 37, cloudy, possible flurries, tomorrow the snow is supposed to begin and last through the weekend. Sigh....... We get hit I'll try to get it plowed, I have no desire to break out the Husqvarna, I'll be down for a week. I'll be having others doing it this winter, my shoulder will be done when we start into the real snow.
Bud, congrats on a good exam for your heart, that and the lungs are the biggies, the rest can be fixed or replaced.
D3, have the temp set at 60 in the house just to be sure nothing freezes. Sorry to hear the injections didn't do much for you. You're in our daily prayers.
Caddy, good to hear from you, hope you get the boat back soon so you can regale us with tales of monumental catches.
Donald, really good news, there would probably an exodus of workers if they had to move those bookcases. I just find it amazing that a brand new building has to be overhauled so soon. For some strange reason I don't see Mrs. Donald nagging, at least not very much, I don't think you'll have a hard time with having contractors for the bigger things and you've always taken care of the rest and I don't think that'll change. Sorry to hear about the lack of water, hopefully it'll come back over the winter.
Rodney 

bassmedic46

Good Morning Everyone, 37 degrees here and cloudy. Typing hasn't been easy on top of everything appears I have Arthritis in my fingers. Hard to believe one fall did all this. My wife is working but her memory loss seems to be getting worse. Talk of moving to a warmer climate has come up. Not sure where to go.

Donald, That was definitely great news that you didn't need to move those book cases. Our ponds and lakes are low as well. Hopefully your lakes get higher over the winter.

Old Fart, prayers the operation goes well.

Bud, How is your man cave coming? Prayers for you and your wife.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. Keeping everyone in my prayers.