November 2022 Home Front Activities and Carrying On's

Started by Donald Garner, November 01, 2022, 07:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Getting cold tonight.  Lows over night are forecasted down to 28 degrees.  Had to get the tender plants covered up and some have been moved into the garage and others into the house.  Garden hoses are now in the garage and covers have been placed on all of the outdoor spigots.  Currently it is 45 degrees and dropping fast.  Going to be a clear cloudless night that will really help with this cooling that is taking place.  Looks like the cooler weather will be here for at least another week.  Looking at the national map, I see most of the country is taking part in the cold and for you folks in the upper midwest and around the great lakes you need to get ready for some lake effect snow.  I see that Buffalo is being forecasted for up to 4ft of the white stuff.

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,
Forecasted temps across Central Texas today were 36-58dgrs with 56% humidity and S wind @ 5mphs.  We got some rain moving into the area on Saturday and will be lasting a couple day maybe.

Spent most of the day working on my Standard Operating Procedure Book and my Desk Top SOP Book.  If I don't have the opportunity to spend some time with my replacement at least they'll have a couple binders to flip through.
The maintenance guys started moving book cases and I've seen were some of the old carpet came up.  Guess what was not present on those pieces of carpet??? Amazing the quality of work that was not done during the construction of this bldg.  It is really sad.
Tomorrow is the last day of school and I'm glad.  Next week we'll get to do some serious cleaning.  We'll work Mon > Wed and have Thursday and Friday off to enjoy the Holiday.
Bud; Hope you enjoy that cooler weather.  We've had a little taste of it not down in the 20's but the low 30's.
bassmedic46; Got you and the wife in my daily prayers buddy.  Tks for taking the time to stop by and provide an update.
Rodney; Got you covered in the daily prayers my good man.  Always prayer for a full recovery.  My wife doesn't nag too much but sometimes I get an ear full.  We work pretty good together when doing outside yard projects.  It's going to take some major rain out in the Western part of the state for our lakes here to fill back up.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens during the Winter.
Caddyjoe; Glad you had the time to drop in.  Hope the boat gets back to ya soon. 
Dark 3; I got ya in my daily prayers buddy.  Hope your health improves here before you have to make that long drive. 

To everyone be safe in your travels.  I have y'all in my daily prayers.

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,
We're starting the day off with overcast skies with rain moving in later on this morning.
Forecasted temps for today are 35-46dgrs with 82%humidity and a NW wind @ 5mphs.

Nothing special happening around here today.  I'm watching church from home this morning we have on-line services also.  The wife will be fixing lunch here.  The day will be spent relaxing in the recliner.  Tomorrow I have a appointment at the Open Wound Clinic at the VA Hospital.  They'll be removing the bandages on both of my legs and I'll get to start wearing regular shoes again.  The protein draining continues slowly and there is improvement in the de-swelling of the lower legs.

Hope everyone has had a pleasant and relaxing weekend so far.  We're all enjoying this cooler weather were having here across Central Texas  ~shade

To everyone be safe in your travels and enjoy that family time together  ;)
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Bud Kennedy

Still coolish here at the beach.  Current temp is 50 and most likely will stay at that temp most of the day before falling overnight to a forecasted low of 28 once again.  Weather will continue this mixed bag through Thanksgiving although it will warm into the mid 60s on turkey day.  I wanted to take the boat out next week but it does not look like that will happen if the forecast holds. 

Spent yesterday doing domestic chores around the house.  Got the roses all cut down and hauled away to the recycle center but still have to mulch the remaining canes for the winter.  My Japanese maple tree will get trimmed this week just to shape it up a bit.  We also mowed the lawn that may just be the last time until early spring.  We also applied some winterizer fertilizer so that chore is also done.  Still prepping my man room for paint and will begin to paint the ceiling starting tomorrow while the Mrs. is at her physical therapy.  There always is something to do around here that often times is unexpected.  The valve in the Wife's toilet was starting to show signs of failure so I replaced the innards of the tank and while I was at it I replaced the same thing in my bathroom.  Not a bad job to do just one of the many tasks that any homeowner faces on a routine basis.  Next on the schedule is to jump into the shower for a nice hot  soak and into some clean clothes.  Past that nothing else is planned for today.

bassmedic46

Good Afternoon Everyone, 32 degrees here and very windy. Cold in church today as the heat wasn't working. Taking my wife out to dinner for our Anniversary.

Bud, Prayers your wife's therapy went well. Owning a home projects never end. Hopefully you get out on the water this week.

Donald, Have a good day relaxing. That's great news about your legs.

Continued prayers for everyone. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 27 headed to 42, partly cloudy, high winds this afternoon. We basically got traces of snow while parts of Buffalo south got up to 6 feet, they are digging out but there has been damage, some collapsed buildings and roofs, power outages which are being taken care of most roads are open but not all, welcome to the Great Lakes area. My Bride and I celebrate our 52nd anniversary today, we're going to head out to dinner somewhere this evening, it'll be interesting, many restaurants are closed on Mondays, it'll happen. Had a rough 5 days with a virus of some sort, not covid, and with the fronts bad shoulder and back but it's cleared up for now.
Bassmedic, congrats for your anniversary, you both remain in our daily prayers.
Bud, hope you get to Float the Ranger soon, I don't know about you but I'm tired of the cold weather already, used to love it but my old body, not so much now. lo
Donald, good news about your legs!!!  I would think the school district would be able to start lawsuits on the construction of the building, the carpet should be replaced no cost and someone should be able to stand there and be sure the job is done correctly, the same with the rest of the building. This is just plain profiteering and greed. Back in the early 90s they decided to rebuild the street we live on, took the road down 20 feet to dig out an old trolly track, new sewers, water, and gas lines, new sidewalks all of it. We had just had a new concrete driveway put in, most here are asphalt, I got home from work and the first slb was gone, they had fun with that, the concrete was 6,000 test and the rebar had been laid, seems the concrete company had a full load and only needed a yard of it so they asked the guy doing the job if he wanted it at the regular price, he jumped on it. Anyway, I parked the work truck on the side street then toddeled on up the street to the construction trailer, knocked on the door and told the guy about the driveway, just wanted to be sure it was replaced correctly, he walked back with me said no problem but would I be ok with a standard slab with rebar, I said ok. It was getting near fall and I got home and a new slab was put in, it looked like crap, the original was brushed and edged and looked neat and clean, the mason and his crew were sitting on his tailgate and when I said it looked like crap and wasn't going to work he laughed at me. I toddeled back up to the construction trailer, knocked on the door, the same guy answered the door and I told him I was the guy who talked to him about the new driveway, he remembered and said oh yeah, the new slab was put in today, how is it and I told him it looked like shit, he walked back with me, took one look with the mason standing by him looking like a servile little butt kisser, the mason wasn't happy, he was told to take it out and replace it right, took him about 5 days but he did it. I got home from work and the mason was waiting for me, he asked me what I thought and I told him that'll work, why didn't you do it the first time. The city turned the project over to the local gas and electric company who knew street construction and while contractors were well paid they were checked for quality of work. Several years ago the city rebuilt the street next to ours, they were the contractor, took 3 times as long to do less work and the work was poorly done, I have little faith in our city to get anything done correctly. Anyway, hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and get to talk both your daughter and son. Keep up the good work on your legs.
Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Bud Kennedy

After a cool start to the day the sun came out this afternoon.  Temps today in the low 60s with a calm wind.  Was nice sitting in my chair in the garage soaking up some sun.  Had to go get groceries for the week and stuff for a simple Thanksgiving meal.  I also stopped by and paid my boat storage lot rent for another month.  Past that it was a nothing day.  I expect more of the same tomorrow.  Hope everyone is getting ready for the holiday.

Dark3

Good Afternoon (in Cali anyway), hope all is well, don I hope you are feeling ok going through alot at the hospital and that must make standing uncomfortable at times. Rodney, I forget what part of NY are you in? The house we bought in watertown is still sitting vacant. The flooring contractor is still working in the house and then the paint guy will fome back in to re-install baseboards. However, the snow storm completely buried the house and the driveway is a decent length. I had to pay a guy to bring a bobcat out and dig it out. Set me back $225. Didnt have the option of staying on top of it obviously as I am not there. Movers took everything. Will be cleaning the next couple days. Hope everyone has good days/week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donald Garner

Howdy from Central Texas  :)
It was a gloomy day today ~shade  It rained all day today it was one of those slow light rains  ~rain  Our forecasted temps were 40 - 43 dgrs with 99% humidity with a SE wind @ 3 mphs.  There is rain in the forecast everyday this week and into the weekend.

Made my doctors appointment this morning.   The bandages are off and wow what a difference in the weight of my legs.  They cleaned them up and provided with different options for the treatments.  I took the one where I have a compression sleeve that slides over the entire foot and calf up to the knees.  I now have a compression Velcro wrapped bandage that covers the ankles up just below the knee.  I can remove it at night clean the area and coat the area with a lotion.  In the morning I put everything back on and head on out to work.  The bandages I had on prior I had to cover with a plastic cover to keep everything dry.  If those bandages got wet it was an automatic trip to the emergency room for replacement bandages.  Life is good  ;)   Guys tks for all the well prayers.

It was a pretty slow day at work once I got there.  We're having to change our cleaning chemical company again.  Seems lately we change companies every year.  I have quiet a stock pile of chemical from the previous two years.  They won't let us just dump them down the drains either.

The wife is all excited now.  Our nephew and his wife are coming down for Thanksgiving.  They live up in SE Missouri near Popular Bluff area.  I haven't seen him in years.  They'll be here Thursday, Friday and part of Saturday.  They're heading to Galveston, TX to catch a cruise ship on Monday.  It's been a long while since we've had company stop in.  I'm looking forward to the visit. 

Dark3; you going to buy you a bobcat / 4wheeler with a plow for snow removable once you get settled in?  I hate that white stuff.  Y'all can have it all.  Y'all be safe driving up there.
Bud; Sounds like a real relaxing day you had there.  Glad you were able to enjoy it. The wife went shopping to buy additional food items for Thanksgiving Dinner now the nephew and wife are stopping by.  We were going to have a pretty simple meal just for the 2 of us.  Now she's going to be busy cooking and getting things done.  I'm sure I'll have a part in getting things done somehow or another  ???
Rodney; My good man Congrats to you and your wife on 52yrs  ~c~ Hope y'all had a pleasant evening out. I stopped by the library just prior to getting off work.  I had to turn the hallway lights off.  There were 3 contractors slapping glue on the floor and setting the new carpet squares in place.  I'm sure glad my team and I didn't have to move those book cases or those long tables.  Our school district just approved the construction of (2) additional grade schools.  I just hope they don't use the contractors or subcontractors that built our high school.
bassmedic46; Congrats to you and your wife also on your anniversary  ~c~  I still have ya in my daily prayers buddy. 

Guys tks again for the well wishes on the legs.  I appreciate those prayers.  I still have everyone here in my daily prayers also.  Ya'll have a pleasant day tomorrow and be safe and be aware of your surroundings if you out.

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Dark3 on November 21, 2022, 06:59:12 PM
Good Afternoon (in Cali anyway), hope all is well, don I hope you are feeling ok going through alot at the hospital and that must make standing uncomfortable at times. Rodney, I forget what part of NY are you in? The house we bought in watertown is still sitting vacant. The flooring contractor is still working in the house and then the paint guy will fome back in to re-install baseboards. However, the snow storm completely buried the house and the driveway is a decent length. I had to pay a guy to bring a bobcat out and dig it out. Set me back $225. Didnt have the option of staying on top of it obviously as I am not there. Movers took everything. Will be cleaning the next couple days. Hope everyone has good days/week.

D3, there are several areas along the Lake Ontario south shore that get excessive amounts of snow, you're in one of them, the worst is down by Tug Hill Plateau. Buffalo isn't one of them, theirs comes off of Erie, it tends to run south through the southern tier, kind of splits Buffalo and Erie county in half. If I were you I'd buy a big garden tractor with a PTO so you can mount a snow thrower.  Hope you have a good trip!!!
Good morning!!! 33 headed to 43, partly cloudy, should be a good day considering the season.
My wife and I had a good anniversary yesterday, the only problem was the weather had us both on ice at dinner time, we did a binge on Gabriel Iglesias, funny man.
Bud, sounds like you're ready for quiet Thanksgiving, hope it's a good one for you.
Donald, I wonder if your replacement will put up with the crap you did, your military experience taught you what crap to squash and what to ignore, not a lot of folks with that. I'll be helping my wife with what I can but she doesn't like extra hands doing the cooking except for my daughter, she does the same thing with summer Sunday meals, I sometimes have to put my foot down when it comes time to play with fire. lo She really enjoys doing it from planning to clean up. Good news about your legs, make it a bit easier to get around.
Rodney

Bud Kennedy

Painted the ceiling in my man room today.  What a job....My ceilings are the popcorn type and are not the easiest to paint.  Especially a room that I used to smoke in.  I now am exiled to the garage when I need a smoke.  The ceiling is now done and it does not look too bad and seems to look better as it dries.  I have a couple spots to touch up tomorrow and then I have to get ready to do the walls and then all the woodwork.  It is still a work in process and is about all this old man can handle but I will get it done.
Weather today was nice with temps into the upper 60s and some partly sunny skies and a calm breeze.  It turned out to be a good day to do some of my honey do items.  Now I have to put the garage back in order or just let the wife's car sit outside tonight.  I have to ask She who shall be obeyed if that is ok with her.  Caution needs to be exercised because if she says ok it could be likely that she will complain about it all evening LOL.

Donald Garner

Forecasted temps across Central Texas today were 49-56dgrs with 81%humidity and an E wind @ 3mphs. Rain is in the forecast for the rest of the week.  Lows are forecasted to be in the low 40's with highs in the 50's and low 60's.

First thing this morning I got a phone call from Bank of America.  Someone tried to use my credit card at Best Buys last night.  I thank them for contacting me and we canceled the old card and I should have a new one in 7 -10 days.   So my day didn't start off all that well.  The headache continues below >:(
I spent a couple hours driving around town looking for an HP 28 tricolor ink cartridge.  Walmart used to carry them in the store but now they don't, Staples has them on line but not in the stores.  Perry's office supply doesn't carry them and Office Depot has them on line but not in the store.  Amazing they all have the # 27 black cartridge but not the # 28 color one  >:(   I went on line and there everywhere.  I hate buy stuff like this on line.  I want it right now not 48 hrs. later ~shade  I've had this HP Deskjet 3845 printer along time and it does what I need it to do.  Walmart had printers on sale today for $49.00 dollars.  I hate buying new electronic equipment.

The wife has been busy as all heck getting things done around the house and planning for the nephew and his wife arrival.  She asked me this morning if I'd mow the yard before it starts raining again.  She wants it to look nice when they arrive.  So after getting off work today I came home and fired up the trimmer and the John Deere Mower.  The yard looks nice and it going to start raining tonight ;)

Bud; Sounds like a productive day for ya.  Glad to hear the ceiling painting went well for ya.  We have a garage also my wife had it constructed.  We have joint usage of it so to speak.  Her car stays in there dry and warm.  I have lots of wall space for my stuff and I'm not complaining one bit.  I asked her once about keeping the Stratos in there and the the immediate answer was "It not happening"  I already knew the answer prior to asking the question.  I just wanted verification of the answer  lo  Hopefully your wife's car will be ok out over night  ~shade

Rodney; I don't know who they're going to hire as my replacement.  I know one of my day ladies has submitted her application.  I helped her put it together etc.  I'd like to see her get it due to the fact she's been with me for 3yrs.  She is a model worker I wished everyone worked as hard as she does.  I put the finishing touches to the Desk Top Standard Operating Procedure Book this morning.  The Continuity Book is done also.  Now if they'll just take the time to read it.  I doubt that they will.  They'll learn everything the hard way.
I let my wife do the cooking, if she needs additional help I'll provide that to her.  She is excited about this visit and I'm looking forward to it also.

You guys have a relaxing and pleasant day tomorrow.  Be safe in your travels if you have to get out. 

Donald Garner

Good evening from Belton, Texas  8)
Forecasted temps for across Central Texas today were 57- 61dgrs with 68% humidity and a SE wind @ 4mphs.  Its been raining on and off all day today.

Quiet day at work.  We did a little Team Cleaning of (3) unassigned areas.  After they completed that task they worked in their own areas.  We're now off for our Thanksgiving Holidays.  It's back to work on Monday Morning again.

To everyone have a very pleasant Thanksgiving Day tomorrow.  Enjoy the family time together.  Be safe during the long weekend if your traveling to and from.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,
We're starting the day off with sunny skies  ~sun  Its been raining here for the past week. It's been one of those steady light rights that does wonders for the flower beds and yards.  Forecasted temps for across Central Texas today are 40-57dgrs with 93%humidity and a W wind @13mphs.  We're forecasted for bright sunny skies for the next 6 days. 

Thanksgiving has come and gone our nephew and wife arrived safely from SE Missouri.  We enjoyed Thanksgiving meal together on Friday.  My wife out did herself with the preparation of the meal.  Early Friday evening our guest packed up and continued their trip down to Galveston, TX to catch the Cruise Ship. 
The wife and I are taking in a movie at the local theater this morning.  The rest of the day will be spent relaxing. 

I hope everyone had a pleasant Thanksgiving Day and had the opportunity to spent some quality time with their families.

Be safe during this holiday weekend if you're out traveling. 

Dark3

Sorry to be short, hope you guys are feeling good and making the best of it. Im in wendover utah. Day 1 in the books. My back actually feels great after taking the first day of tramedol and driving 8 hours. Staying out of spasm is the key.

Bud Kennedy

It is a rainy warm day here at the beach.  Temps actually warmed up overnight and it is now 71 with a little bit of wind.  Nothing planned for today except some relaxation although I am anxious to continue painting in my man room.

Ceiling is all finished and about half of the room walls have been painted.  The tough part still to come with having to move around a couple tall book cabinets that need to be emptied so I can move them along with my desk that also includes an under desk file cabinet on rollers and a typing return that is also on rollers.  The disconnecting the electrical and computer wiring is the pain in the neck part.  I also have three lateral files that are two drawer that I use as a credenza style set up and last but not least a 4 drawer metal file cabinet.  I kinda have to move these things around the room so I can get to the walls.  Not really a big deal just moving the stuff around will take some time.  I had picked a very light platinum grey color for the walls to enable contrast to all the white woodwork that I have not yet painted. 

I am hoping to bring the boat home some time this coming week so I can put on the new South Carolina 2023 registration sticker.  The current one expires on December 31st so I do have a little bit of time.  I know the wife wants to put up the Christmas tree but I have so much stuff stashed in the living room that I need to finish the man room so I can put the stuff back into the man room.  All in all it has been a fun project just a little slower than I would like but that comes with the age territory.  I might do some things today but I doubt it.  Unfortunately She who shall be obeyed is starting to suggest that other rooms might need painted.  I will try to ignore statements like that but as most of you know.  Resistance is Futile.

Dark, hope the rest of your journey is without too much pain and everyone stays safe as you travel across the country.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all,
Bright sunny skies are shinning down across Central Texas today  ~sun ~sun  We're forecasted for lot of sun this week.  We need it to dry out.  It rained just about everyday last week.  Of course it wasn't the type of rain we needed to fill the lakes back up  :(
Forecasted temps for Central Texas today are 42-66dgrs with 50% humidity and a NE wind @ 4mphs.

We went to church this morning and had lunch at our favorite Chinese Restaurant afterwards.  We went for a short drive over to Stillhouse Lake afterwards to the South end where the Lampasas River comes under the long bridge and the lake starts forming.  The lake and river are so low it would be really hazardous to even attempt to be in this area.  The river channel is a good 20yards away from the Summer Pool bank line.  The Corps or some one has pulled up the flowing dock and removed it.  It's not even on the bank.  We saw 100's of coots out swimming around and eating around the hydrilla that still growing in spots.
The rest of the day is being spent washing clothes for the upcoming work week and relaxing.  I found this 'Old School Bass Fishing Videos' < that's the name of the videos on YouTube last week I spent a couple hours yesterday refreshing my mind on how to flip and pitch with Denny Bauer.  All them pros sure are young looking back 70's > 80's then  lo  Gary Klein looks like he was in his mid twenties back then.  He more than likely was ~shade

Bud; Hope you continue to have fun getting the Man Room Redone.  My Man Room here > Computer Room <  There's a Futon, a tall book case with 1986 encyclopedia sitting in it.  There's a couple other things that's taking up space also that could go.  This room is going to get added to the things to do this coming Spring.  Good luck on getting the Ranger home this week also.  I just put new registration stickers on my Stratos earlier this month.  We're good for another couple years.  You have a good week coming up. 

Dark3; Safe travels buddy.  Enjoy the road trip, hope you have excellent traveling weather.

To everyone enjoy the weekend whets left of it.  Be safe traveling back home if you were out visiting family and friends. 

Dark3

Another short update if anyone is interested in this journey. Day 2 down, we are in Cheyenne, WY and boy is it cold and windy. Typical high wind blowing across the roads with trucks over turned while tackling this state. White knuckle driving most of the day. Back is doing ok for what it is.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 38 headed to 41, off and on rain, continuation of the weekend, blah but we need it. Next Monday I get my injections, I stopped taking my low dose aspirin and Thursday I have to get a covid test+, later in the day or the following I have to get another covid test for an MRI on Friday, it's getting busy for my healthcare. Somewhere in all this I need a CT-scan of my shoulder to get the right size replacement, busy time.
D3, hope the rest of your trip goes well and you reach your new house and it's warm and toasty. If you get to drive around I think you'll be surprised at how low the big lake is.
Bud, hope you get your painting done with no further mention of the rest of the house needing paint, the Man cave sounds like it looks great.
Donald, Thanksgiving is over so you now become an official shortimer, bet it feels good. The big lake, Ontario is low, to the point most launches are to shallow to launch from, quite a change from 3 or 4 years ago. I think you're right, whoever takes over will try to reinvent what works and will stick with what doesn't because they're too stubborn, not your problem, you're leaving them with them with a good operation. Hope you're lakes fill by next season. Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney

Bud Kennedy

Man room paint job is now about 90% done.  I still have to unload two tall book cases so I can safely move then and then I can finish the last section of about 6 ft x 8 ft.  The next step will be to begin to re paint all the white woodwork and wood doors and that will do it.  Still a bunch to do but the final finish will have to wait until we get the Christmas stuff put up in the living room and on the shrubs in the front yard.  So far everything has gone well and it sure looks a whole lot better.  I will need to go get another quart of paint to have here at the house to be used for touch ups over the next few years as something can always get bunged up over time.

It was another nice day here at the beach with a little wind this morning but calmed down a bit this afternoon.  I was able to repaint a ceiling register and will likely put it back on tomorrow.  Temps today did reach into the low 70s with lots of sunshine.  We took the pets for a walk around the neighborhood a while ago so we have our daily walk completed.

One thing for sure all the stuff I had stashed in my man room won't be coming back in.  I have got to get better at throwing stuff away.  Most is still good but I just don't need it and haven't needed it for at least 10 years.  Probably after I throw it away then I will need it.   LOL  All of the fishing stuff however is safe from the trash bin.

Dark3

Made it to Omaha NE. Day 3 down. Back is doing good surprisingly. Somehow have a cold and it's miserable. I haven't been sick in years. Ears are popped, little cough here and there but just feel shitty. Its warm, like 50, and the wind is still. Tmrw will be pushing to south of chicago to a town called joliet.

Bud Kennedy

The walls and the ceiling in the man room are finished.  Now I get to start on the woodwork.  First however I have to get the Christmas decorations in the house and get them put up and if the weather cooperates I will put some lights on the shrubs out front. 

I had to go get some more paint so I could finish the walls.  It turns out I was just a wee bit short.  At least now I have a small amount that I can use for touch ups over the next few years.  I probably don't have enough of the white paint I am using for the woodwork.  Will have to see how that goes before I go get any more.

Last job of the day was to go to the recycle center and get rid of some stuff and then on to the grocery store for a few groceries.  Aside from making some supper for tonight I am done for the day.  I am holding up fairly well for an old geezer and for that I am thankful.  The job took me a bit longer than it used to but it got done and that is the most important thing.

Dark3

Chicago-Day 4. Will make it to Erie tomorrow with a short push in the following day. Hope all is well!

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 47 headed to 48, rain, blah. Oh the adventure of it all, Monday I kept getting phone calls for about my shoulder, my ct-scan is scheduled for Tuesday, tomorrow I need to get my covid test for my injections, I need to find if they'll work for Tuesday, if not Friday I'll have to get another. Monday I need to have a covid test for my MRI Friday, I got a call my shoulder replacement is denied, a bunch reasons none of which is why I need the replacement. Since the insurance company had a different company doing the reviews every thing I needed done was denied then the Doctors had to jump through hoops to get the procedure approved, it wouldn't be so bad but the time is short and the ct-scan is part of the evidence for the need, it'll happen but the powers that be just have flex their authority, just like the government, I'm a bit frustrated.
Rodney

Donald Garner

The last day of November, wow the month has just flown by.  I'll have the December posting done here shortly after closing this one out.

It was fricking cold here this morning :surrender:  Yesterday it was in the 80's nice and warm.  Woke up this morning to 31dgr weather and a howling wind  :shocking:
Forecasted temps for across Central Texas today were 31-53dgrs with 40% humidity and N wind @ 7mphs.  We got some more rain in the forecast for the weekend ahead.

Not much happening at school. Tomorrow the Custodian Services Director starts interviewing people to replace me.  I can't wait to start transiting with my replacement.  I am so ready for 3 Jan 2023 to get here.  The Central Texas Master Gardeners held their annual Christmas Party last night.  My wife received her 10 year Service Pin at the ceremony.  I always enjoy going to this event the food is catered and the members of the Master Gardeners always bring the deserts.  I over did it on the deserts last night  :food lo  I couldn't help myself  ~shade

Rodney; My good man I'm confused reading your posting.  I hope that the upcoming surgery is still a GO??  I got you in my daily prayers buddy.

Dark3; Tks for the trip update.  I have ya in my prayers also.  Hope the trip continues to be a good one for ya.

Bud; Tks for the update on your Man Room.  Hope you're able to take a breather here afterwards. 

To everyone have a relaxing evening and I hope tomorrow brings you a really pleasant day.