DC 764 CB Ranked Best Overall Crank Rod 2022

Started by Smallie_Stalker, November 05, 2022, 01:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smallie_Stalker

Outdoor Life magazine has listed the Dobyns DC 764 CB as the best overall crankbait rod in 2022.

You can read the full article --> HERE

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Smallie_Stalker

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Dark3

Good to know as I have a restock coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dink Dawg

What took them so long to figure that out. If you fish Deep Little N, Wiggle Warts, Rock Crawlers or similar baits, the 764CB is THE rod.

BassingBen93

How does the 764CB handle a baits like DD22 / 5XD ?

Dink Dawg

At 7/8 if an ounce, you're at the top of the range. Half ounce is the sweet spot.  The baits I mentioned are all 3/8 ounce. I've thrown DD22's on it but the 805CB is the rod for that bait. 

strongx

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on November 05, 2022, 01:54:23 PM
Outdoor Life magazine has listed the Dobyns DC 764 CB as the best overall crankbait rod in 2022.

You can read the full article --> HERE

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Hard to argue. The 805cb is good for the next size up, and the 705cb glass is great for targeting squarebill type baits.

loomisguy

I'll be the odd man out . For me at least for the way we fish the Wart/RK Crawler here in the Ozarks the 764 is too long. I like the 704 much better .

ohiobass

I agree! That's why I own 2 764CB's (one older model, and another new model)! 8)....I use my FR 705CB's for shallow-mid depth cranking. The 764CB's get used for 6-12 ft'ers.

skidemn

I can't speak to the 764, but I have the DC765GLASS and it is an awesome crankbait rod. Casts a 5XD a mile and still works with the 6XD. The moderate action is perfect for keeping fish pinned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk