Peacocks are starting to call my name

Started by Bud Kennedy, November 06, 2022, 11:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Having never ever fished for Peas, I am becoming more and more interested in giving this a try.  I am curious about what time of year or conditions should be considered when thinking about a trip for Peas.  Not sure I will ever do it but it sure does have me interested.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on November 06, 2022, 11:11:49 AM
Having never ever fished for Peas, I am becoming more and more interested in giving this a try.  I am curious about what time of year or conditions should be considered when thinking about a trip for Peas.  Not sure I will ever do it but it sure does have me interested.

Peas are a very fun fish to catch that's for sure. They can be targeted almost year round minus a couple of our winter months. But I would say the best time of year to target them would be late, late spring and early summer before our summer rains/storms begin.

big g

If you don't want to travel to South America, South Florida is the perfect choice, and Captain Lou will put you on them!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on November 06, 2022, 12:28:39 PM
If you don't want to travel to South America, South Florida is the perfect choice, and Captain Lou will put you on them!

lo thank you for the plug George.  lo ~beer~

FlatsNBay

I can attest that a trip with Lou is a trip of a lifetime.

What happened to your redfish trip?

Oldfart9999

Quote from: big g on November 06, 2022, 12:28:39 PM

I was thinking the same thing.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

mygreenihc

Lou is first class.  He can put you on them for sure.  He dealt very well with a couple rednecks and it was certainly a trip of a lifetime. 

Brad