Favorite Cull System?

Started by J.W., November 07, 2022, 12:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.W.

Which cull system are y'all using? I've been using some Berkley clip-on tags, but they're not good clips. You definitely cannot pull the fish out of the livewell by the tag with the ones I have. They'll come off. When I'm boating my son for tournaments, the boys are always chasing the fish around the livewell when we need to cull or weigh in  lo . I've even had them come off when the fish get rambunctious in the livewell. Are the ones from TH Marine good?

Mike Cork

I've bounced around a lot on this and ended up with Cal Coast Clip N Cull. It's a great system. That said nothing is perfect IMO without piercing a hole in their lip which I don't like to do anymore.

Rarely does a fish slip out of these.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

J.W.

I saw those and liked the looks of them. I'll give them a shot I think.

Thanks Mike.

Princeton_Man

I still use the older Ardent Smart Cull system. I modified them from the original safety pin to the newer Ardent clips. I've had a couple of the dial assemblies come apart, Ardent has replaced them with only a picture as proof.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

If you use the systems with the biggest clips you don't have to poke a hole, the clips are big enough to to go from the corner of the mouth and out the front of the gills. I tried a bunch, including the Ardent system and didn't like any of them.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.