A report

Started by Oldfart9999, November 08, 2022, 06:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

As you know I had several health issues going on that kept me away from the site, here's an update. The Doctor that's going to do my colonoscopy and prescribed my ct scan called the eve of the colonoscopy telling me he tested positive for covid, there I was all cleaned out and nowhere to go. I had to call the surgeon who was going to do my shoulder replacement and postpone that, I had the back surgery on my back in June told my pain management Doctor that I couldn't have my injections until November. I called the Colonoscopy Doc after 2 weeks and was told they would have to schedule me for a new one, January 23, no mention of the ct scan, I called the pain management guy and will see him Thursday, I see my primary care Doc Friday, I'll discuss the ct scan with him, they suggested at least one more scan with a dye to check something they saw. I called my shoulder guy, December 15th I get a new left shoulder, the colonoscopy guy can deal with me in a sling I need the pain stuff done.
I think I'm back, I am finally on the move for resolution on the arthritis and shoulder work.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Smallie_Stalker

Thanks for the update Rodney. I had sent you a PM to check on you.

Still got you in the daily prayers.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Dark3

That pain stuff can definitely get you down. Glad to see you around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacific NW Ron

I haven't been on much recently either with issues with my wife and myself and family but nothing like you have Rodney.  How do you keep track of all those appointments?
I hope everything will turn around for you and you can get back to life. 
Get weel soon
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

apenland01

Wow, hopefully you can get it all squared away and enjoy 2023....

Mike Cork

Wow I think I would have lost my shit, well if I had any, if a colon doc did that to me.... Better than getting Covid I reckon. I hate that you are going though all this. I know people that got those bionic shoulders and they say after the physical therapy, they are amazing...

We'll continue to send along the prayer chain, you just concentrate on feeling better.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Princeton_Man

That's incredible!  I would have surely blown gasket. Especially after going the prep flush. When you go back, you should present them with a bill of your own. Glad you're getting the shoulder done and good to see you back.   
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Capt. BassinLou

Appreciate the update OF. I was curious where you have been. Get better soon!! Best of luck on your shoulder reconstruction.  ~beer~

Donald Garner

I got you in my daily prayers my good man.  Tks for the update.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Mike Cork on November 08, 2022, 03:15:00 PM
Wow I think I would have lost my shit, well if I had any, if a colon doc did that to me.... Better than getting Covid I reckon. I hate that you are going though all this. I know people that got those bionic shoulders and they say after the physical therapy, they are amazing...

We'll continue to send along the prayer chain, you just concentrate on feeling better.

I'm not upset about the positive test, it happens, but leaving me hanging isn't good. The ct scan showed a 1.6 lesion on a kidney and said to have another scan with the appropriate dye or an MRI with dye done to check for cancer, I'm really miffed about that one, I'm bypassing the surgeon and going to have my primary care Doc get the ball rolling on it, I see him Friday and we'll go over everything, it's a routine visit already scheduled but will be a bit more involved.
Rodney

bassmedic46

Keeping you in my prayers 🙏🙏
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

coldfront

rodney, don't know if your doc will allow, but on the colonoscopy, I just did the COLOGUARD... basically YOU collect your own stool sample, send it in and they test it. 

doesn't require you to 'clean out'. 

they send you a 'kit' for sample collection.  once you get that done, you box it up (provided in kit) and call them ... they send UPS over to pick up the package... and about 2 weeks later they get you the results.

FlatsNBay

Glad you are hopefully out of the woods!

TNDiver

Sending prayers and hopefully it all gets settled quickly!
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Oldfart9999

I saw the Pain Management Doc yesterday, I'm on the books for my back injections December 5th, things are looking up.
Rodney