The Adopted Family - Khadees and Katie

Started by FD, November 22, 2022, 05:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FD

Full disclosure, these people are long time friends of Amy.  We have been helping personally and I nominated them for the AAF.  I was not involved in the selection process.
Their info below may seem a little cryptic but is done to protect the family's privacy.

Khadees and Katie are in their 30's, live in Orlando, and have 3 young children.  Khadees is a long time Disney employee and Katie is a pediatric nurse.

On June 26th this year, Khadees went to the ER with severe radiating chest pains.  He was diagnosed with cardiomegaly and pleural effusions.  His ejection fraction was 15-20%, which indicated his heart was failing, possibly from a genetic defect.  In early July he had a procedure that implanted a defibrillator and he was placed on the transplant list.  Khadees received a heart transplant on November 17th, five days ago, and is in recovery.

Khadees hasn't been able to work since June and will have another year of recovery from the transplant.  Their extended family has been flying in since July to help with the children and have expended most of their available time off and resources.

This young family lives their life right, are friendly to everyone around them, and were dealt with crushing medical circumstances through no fault of their own.

Please dig deep UB.
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Smallie_Stalker

Out of respect for their privacy I will ask is it okay to post this to my Social Media?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

FD

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on November 23, 2022, 12:06:59 PM
Out of respect for their privacy I will ask is it okay to post this to my Social Media?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
It should be fine.  I pulled that photo from FB.

Sent from the very edge of civilization...where I belong

Mike Cork

Hey Folks please check out our Adopt a Family, they really need our help. If you can't find anymore coffee money to buy raffle tickets with, at least send them an extra prayer.

BTW we have a BOGO on raffle tickets right now :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

FD

Update:

Kadees came home from a successful transplant Thursday.  Although he could have to go back at any moment, his numbers were good enough for him to break out.

Now starts a lifetime of anti rejection meds and at least a year of recovery just to get back to a somewhat "normal" life.  The reality is the he is 37, with 3 small kids, and a life expectancy of around 20 years.

We need to do everything we can to help this family.

Sent from the very edge of civilization...where I belong

Larry Francis

May God Bless them and carry them through this. Prayers.
Molon Labe