Tripple Surgeons Knot

Started by Esox obsessed, December 11, 2022, 10:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esox obsessed

When respooling i use the triple surgeons knot as it is the strongest for fluoro to fluoro knot I could find but I can only tie with the tag ends parallel rather then perpendicular and was wondering if that compromise the strength at all

loomisguy

If the tag ends are pointing in the same direction, it's really just an overhand knot.
You have to cut the leader to length before you tie the knot. Practice with a short leader just a foot or 2.

Esox obsessed

Quote from: loomisguy on December 13, 2022, 04:15:37 AM
If the tag ends are pointing in the same direction, it's really just an overhand knot.
You have to cut the leader to length before you tie the knot. Practice with a short leader just a foot or 2.
Its not just for a leader its for respooling though i use straight fluoro mainline

loomisguy

If your referring to the knot from your backing to the line your respooling I personally just tie a granny knot and call it good. Once you get 80 yds of line spooled on top of it it's not going anywhere.

Esox obsessed

Quote from: loomisguy on December 13, 2022, 05:10:51 AM
If your referring to the knot from your backing to the line your respooling I personally just tie a granny knot and call it good. Once you get 80 yds of line spooled on top of it it's not going anywhere.
Used to think so too a carp proved me wrong

loomisguy

If your after the elusive Carp, I would just forgo any backing.

Esox obsessed

Quote from: loomisguy on December 13, 2022, 02:15:44 PM
If your after the elusive Carp, I would just forgo any backing.

Not after them but have had carp get down that far and carp will hit the lures i use