Geezer Observation

Started by Bud Kennedy, December 20, 2022, 09:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

I have come to the conclusion that a birthday is like a time speedometer.  The bigger your age numbers become the faster time passes.

Hobious

I'm in my 50's.  I think I understand.  Last year was a blink.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on December 20, 2022, 09:17:42 PM
I have come to the conclusion that a birthday is like a time speedometer.  The bigger your age numbers become the faster time passes.
This is a fact. Billy Graham used to mention often during his sermons, how surprised he was about the brevity of life and how fast it passes. I never paid attention, until I got older and noticed it myself. I swear it seems the Earth's rotation and trip around the Sun goes faster every year.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

bassmedic46

I turn 60 next month and being disabled which I never thought I would be. Time feels like it's moving faster.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

Smallie_Stalker

I'll be 63 in February.  I had heard older people talk about how time seemed to be passing faster a lot when I was  growing up but I didn't appreciate the truth in it until my son was born. I was 38, then I blinked and I was 50. Another blink and 60.

Like bassmedic46 I'm disabled. Despite my best efforts every year seems to bring more health issues and with time speeding by I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle.

We never know how much time we have. My wife was only 58 when she passed last year and if that taught me anything it's that even if we have limitations like heakth issues we have to try as hard as we can to live life to its fullest while we are still here.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Princeton_Man

I don't think retirement or disability has much to do with it, I still work two jobs.  ~roflmao
I do think being glued to a computer or phone screen contributes some. Our ancestors seemed to live a lot longer than our current generations are living. I can't believe the numbers of people that I have known personally who have died so young. My wife Kathy passed at 43, and I believe about half the folks I went to school with are gone. Cancers, heart disease, kidney failure, you name it. A good portion of our generation is not outliving our grandparents or our parents.

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Smallie_Stalker

"I don't think retirement or disability has much to do with it"

I agree %.  But I do think, at least for  some it gives more time to think about it.

That doesn't have to be a bad thing though. It can be a great motivator to do some of the things you always wanted to do but never got around to.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Donald Garner

It does seem like time is flying by faster and faster every year  :surrender:
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Pat Dilling

I'll be 73 next month. Fortunately my wife, 73 in March, and I  are in good health without disabilities, other than annoyances like a little arthritis and some intestinal issues on my part. We are also fortunate to be comfortrably retired. I admit it does take longer to get things done, consequently it seems time passes faster.  I attribute that to less energy, stamina and strength.  I do know of people who have died young. But I also hang around with quite a few people who are older we are. We just went ocean fishing with an 89 year old friend and I have a 4 day fishing trip planned in May with an 87 year old partner. They all inspire us!
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Larry Francis

Quote from: bassmedic46 on December 21, 2022, 07:20:24 AM
I turn 60 next month and being disabled which I never thought I would be. Time feels like it's moving faster.

You and I are the same age and in the same situation.
Molon Labe