From the Home Front Jan 2023

Started by Donald Garner, January 01, 2023, 08:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdsm0138

Quote from: Donald Garner on January 13, 2023, 11:28:09 AM
Good morning to all,
We're having Blue Bird Skies covering down across Central Texas this morning  ~sun  Forecasted temps were 33-62dgrs with 40% humidity and a NE wind @ 7mphs.

Made my medical lab appointment at the VA Hospital this morning.  I donated 3 tubes of blood and provide a urine sample.  I picked up my orange jug for the 24 hr. collection which is due back to them on Tuesday morning.  We stopped at Cracker Barrel on the way home for breakfast.  I tried something different this morning I ordered the  Loaded Hashbrown Casserole with bacon, 3 pancakes and black coffee.  I usually get the Chicken Fried Steak with gravy meal.   The meal was pretty tasty and I'm good to go till supper time now  ;)

There is nothing planned for today....I'm going to just spend the day doing nothing  ~shade

Top; Sorry to hear about the HOA coming in and taking over.  We live in a Manufactured Home Housing development area.  For the most part 95% of the residence have well maintained properties.  There are a few owners that could do better in keeping their places more presentable.  We don't have a HOA here and I'm glad.  I hear a lot of horror stories about some of them.  Good luck in dealing with them.

Rodney; Good morning my good man.  I hope you're doing well with the shoulder recovery.

Dog; I see Northern and Central California are getting lots of wet weather.  Saw some flooding etc. going on and the announcement that the drought has ended?  Hope you and your family are doing well during these serious weather issues.

To everyone have a really pleasant day and evening ahead.

It's not an HOA, the residents voted AGAINST it becoming an HOA. So the jackeagon owner got PO'ed and decided to call Code Enforcement on everyone.

I decided to have a little "Mischievous Retaliation" this morning. I was up at 3am, decided while out for a morning jog, to stop at every Contractor Job Box at the new units they trucked in, and remove the "Inspection Certificate" from every box, along with remove the  "Inspection Certification Decal" (about 4"x3") from the trailer. Now, the fun begins...

Here in Florida, the owner can not sell or even list the home for sale without either of those. And it will set him back about 4k in paperwork and fees for each home, for a new one. No, you can't just call and get a copy of the original, you have to start ALL over again. It's not wise to screw the guy who knows how Construction, I spections and Permitting work in your State. We WILL make you suffer through inconvenience. I don't negotiate with or yield to terrorists.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

topdsm0138

Quote from: bassmedic46 on January 13, 2023, 05:51:22 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone, 40* here, Just got home from the hospital. Been having kidney stone issues. Saw the urologist today and he decided to put a stent in. Saw more blood in my kidneys than usual. Have to see him next week to figure that out. I hope everyone has a great evening.
Dang, hoping for the best for you there.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,
Forecasted temps for across Central Texas this morning were 29-64dgrs with 36%humidity and a SE wind @12mphs.  We got bright sunny chilly weather here this morning.

Nothing really planned for today I feel kinda lazy.  The wife did ask me to clean out her car if I would.  I'll more than likely knock that out as it won't take long to clean her Cruze out. 

Top; Tks for clearing that information up.  Guess I read it to fast.  Good luck with the situation with the land owner.

bassmedic46; Got you in my daily prayers buddy.  Hope you get to feeling better soon.

To everyone hope your weekend is a pleasant and relaxing one.  Be safe in your travels out on the roadways.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

In keeping with my promise to do more things, I have spent the day working with my bowling equipment and getting it ready for my first trip to the lanes in over 10 years.  I have been religiously been doing my leg exercises to strengthen my legs and knees and in particular my left leg and knee.  All has been going well and now I am ready to give it a whirl.  I will try it out soon but first I had to order some super bond to re-glue some finger inserts that after sitting idle for 10 years have become unseated in the correct spot.  All that is left is to re glue them and I will be ready for action.

Today is a cold day with temps just now hitting 50 with a North wind at about 10-15 mph.  Low this morning was 38 and will be a bit lower by morning.  Skies are now clear and will remain so through the  night.

topdsm0138

Afternoon guys,

Took my boat to my shop, made a few adjustments to the new bike, then came to a local bike trail that's made for speed, to test it out and make adjustments. I thi k I got it dialed in except for a few small gear adjustments. I'll be ready to go explore the old WWII Army Base and bike trails next weekend.  One guy was PO'ed that I was right on his arse and he was on a 5k dollar bike while I'm on a built Schwinn.

So, serious question. What do you think would be a fair price to list my 2019 Tracker Topper 1436 (welded), with a new Group 27 Deep cycle, 36V Minnkota trilling motor and trailer for?

Donald Garner

We starting the day off with overcast skies with lots of wind.  We have a wind advisory out  for winds gusting 20 - 40mphs today across Central Texas.  Our forecasted temps are 40 - 64dgrs with 72%humidity and a S wind @ 21mphs.

We went to church this morning and stopped in Subway for lunch.  Nothing is planned for the rest of the day except relaxing  ;) 

Top; Have fun with the bike exploring that old military base and trails.  So you selling your boat and getting a different one or you taking a break from fishing?  Best wishes on you selling your boat.  You shouldn't have to much trouble selling it.  I'll look around and see what others are selling theirs for and take a average price and start with that.

Bud; You have fun getting back into bowling.  I can't even remember the last time I went bowling.  It had to be while we lived in Alaska back in the 90's.   Make sure you do lots of stretching of the lower back and those legs.

To everyone hope your day is going well for y'all.  Be safe in your travels if you out and about.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Donald Garner

We have partly sunny skies across Central Texas this morning.  Forecasted temps for today are 51-79dgrs with 84%humidity with a S wind @ 11mphs.

There is nothing really planned for today except tinkering around on the computer.  I have my 24 urine sample collection going on today.  I have to turn it in tomorrow morning back to the VA Hospital Lab.  The wife just returned from grocery shopping at @ Walmart.  She asked if I'd fix supper today and she wanted salad and veggie burgers.
So later on this afternoon I'll be in the kitchen fixing us supper.

I hope everyone had a relaxing and pleasant weekend. Y'all have a Blessed Day today.  Be safe in your travels if you have to get out. 

Bud Kennedy

Well Donald, now it begins.  First it is make some supper then it becomes your job.  Next you will be washing  windows, vacuuming, dusting then maybe shopping so you can be on the hold my purse assignment.  Just sayin'  LOL

I have been doing a lot of studying about all the technology changes that has happened in the bowling world since I last participated in the sport.  Holy Cow it sure is different than back in the day.  I had no idea the composition and engineering of a bowling ball has changed this much.  I am a long way from wanting to buy this technology even if I am even able to perform a proper approach and release.  Only time will tell but I am dedicated to take it one step at a time.  Score improvement will have to wait until I find out if I can even physically do what is required.

topdsm0138

Quote from: Donald Garner on January 15, 2023, 11:57:56 AM
We starting the day off with overcast skies with lots of wind.  We have a wind advisory out  for winds gusting 20 - 40mphs today across Central Texas.  Our forecasted temps are 40 - 64dgrs with 72%humidity and a S wind @ 21mphs.

We went to church this morning and stopped in Subway for lunch.  Nothing is planned for the rest of the day except relaxing  ;) 

Top; Have fun with the bike exploring that old military base and trails.  So you selling your boat and getting a different one or you taking a break from fishing?  Best wishes on you selling your boat.  You shouldn't have to much trouble selling it.  I'll look around and see what others are selling theirs for and take a average price and start with that.

Bud; You have fun getting back into bowling.  I can't even remember the last time I went bowling.  It had to be while we lived in Alaska back in the 90's.   Make sure you do lots of stretching of the lower back and those legs.

To everyone hope your day is going well for y'all.  Be safe in your travels if you out and about.
Keeping the PolarKraft V-hull and selling off the Tracker Jon. Can only keep one and decided on the bigger, more stable of the two.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone  8)

Forecasted temps for across Central Texas today are 58-79dgrs with 38%humidity and a SE wind @ 4mphs.  It's partly sunny with a chance of some rain early tomorrow morning.

Busy morning I had to turn in my 24hour urine sample back to the VA Medical Lab this morning.  Got back home and dug out the pruning shears and started in on that 12ft sage bush that was dying.  I cleared out a area around the base and hooked up the tow strap and pulled it out with the truck.  It came right up without any issues.  I got the biggest pieces  bundled up and placed on the trash can ready for disposal.  Tomorrow I'll go out and do a final cleanup of the surrounding flower bed.

The rest of the day will be relaxation after going out for dinner this afternoon. 

Top; Good luck with selling your jon boat.  It shouldn't take that long to sell it.  They go pretty quick around our parts here.
Bud; I've been helping a little bit with the house cleaning all along.  I hate dusting, don't mind the vacuuming and I generally do my own laundry to help out.  Cooking is something new.  I do occasionally fire up the grill but not that often.  I hate cleaning the mess up afterwards.  But I foresee grilling duties returning here soon   ???   

Rodney; My good man sure hope your recovery is going as planned.  I still have ya in my daily prayers buddy  ;)

To everyone have a pleasant and relaxing afternoon and evening.

Donald Garner

Greetings from Central Texas (Belton)
Woke to the sound of rain hitting the windows this morning.  It was one of those passing rain showers. The sun is out now and it's looking to be a pleasant day.  Forecasted temps for our area are 41-74dgrs with 68% humidity with a NE wind @ 11mphs. 

Being the rain has stopped and the sun is out I'm heading out to finish up cleaning up the Sage Bush removal project.  The wife is in the back yard trimming the Crepe Myrtle Trees.  Once completed a hot shower and relaxation will be in order for the rest of the day.

Y'all have a really pleasant day today.

Bud Kennedy

Warm day today with temps hitting mid 70s but kinda windy.  Was able to fix the coolant return hose on the Mrs. Monte Carlo and that was quick and easy.  Off to the grocery for a couple items and then back home to re glue the finger lifts in the bowling balls.  Things I wanted to do today have been accomplished. I now am ready to head to the lanes to give this bowling thing a try.  Might wait until Monday but am starting to consider tomorrow instead.  Really anxious to get started, just hope I don't hurt myself.  LOL

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone,
Beautiful day across Central Texas today.  Forecasted temps were 39-65dgrs with 22%humidity with a N wind @ 4mphs.  Lots of sun which made for a great day to be outside.

Busy day today helping the wife with some yard work.  We completed the mulching of
(6) of the (12) flower beds she has on the property here.  I made 2 trips to the landscaping materials store with the cargo trailer.  Lots of bending and lifting today we'll both be sore tomorrow.  I've already took a dose of Tylenol for the pain  ;) The rest of this evening will be in the recliner relaxing. 

Bud; Glad you had a good day today getting things accomplished you wanted too.  You have fun bowling.  When is the Ranger coming home for a visit?

To everyone have a really pleasant and relaxing evening.

Donald Garner

We're starting the day off with overcast skies and cooler temps across Central Texas.
Forecasted temp for today are 43-55dgrs with 67%humidity with an E wind @ 4mphs.

Nothing really planned for today it's more of a relaxation day.  I have a doctor appointment with my Kidney Doctor this afternoon.   To everyone have a relaxing and pleasant day.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,
Forecasted temps for across Central Texas today are 35-58dgrs with 86%humidity and NE wind @ 4mphs.  There's a chance of light rain today.

We're off for a day trip to Mason, Texas and Fredericksburg, today.  There's a show at the Rock Box Theater in Fredericksburg we're taking in this afternoon.  I hope everyone has a pleasant and relaxing day today.

Y'all be safe in your travels if you're out and about.

topdsm0138

Afternoon guys. I'm toast. Decided to go on a Mountain Bike ride at Camp Murphy, FL. Well, met a group of middle aged riders out havi g fun and they asked me to join them. That was fun, even got another nickname "Big Box" Why Big Box? Because my Schwinn is what's called a "Big Box Store Bike" and I have a big Box Components decal on my helmet. Ended up doung 20.84mi in those sand dunes. (Jupiter/Hobe Sound, FL). I'm toast, my legs feel like Jell-O, BUT, I feel good. Health and confidence wise. I'm retiring early to bed. Goodnight y'all..

Bud Kennedy

Today is a cool and rainy day here at the beach.  Current temp is 46 and a steady but fairly light rain falling.  Later this afternoon the rain will become heavy at times.  We need the rain but it sure would be nicer if it was a bit warmer.

Nothing planned for today and will probably watch some football and just hang out doing nothing most of the day.  Yesterday was house cleaning day and a quick trip to gas up the Expedition and pick up a couple items at the grocery store.  After the weekend I am planning my first trip to the lanes for some bowling.  It has been 13 years since I last bowled so this should be quite an experience.  I have been doing my exercises and hopefully is will be good enough to keep me from getting hurt.  LOL  I recall my last trip to the bowling lanes that resulted in a severly strained set of quadricep muscles in my left leg that took almost 8 weeks to get better. 

Donald Garner

Beautiful start of the day with Blue Bird Skies  ~sun ~sun  Forecasted temps across Central Texas are 38-59dgrs with 59%humidity and NE wind @13mphs.

The wife and I had a nice day trip yesterday traveling to Mason and Fredericksburg, Texas.  We're going to do a return trip to Mason as we didn't really get the chance to see much.  We did have lunch at one of the restaurants there in town and did a quick drive around the town square.  The show at the Rock Box Theater in Fredericksburg, was great as always.

We stopped and grabbed a quick sandwich while heading back home last night.  The wife got sick from eating the sandwich.  We didn't attend church in person this morning due to her feeling sick.  I watched the service on line.  I'm fixing to head over to Lowe's to pickup 10 bags of mulch so the wife can finish her back yard flower beds tomorrow.
The rest of the day is going to be spent relaxing after returning home.

Bud; Hope you have a pleasant time getting back into Bowling. 

Top; Sounds like a good day being out with the guys.  Hope you're able to get up and move around this morning.

Rodney; My good man hope the recovery is going as planned.  We still have ya in my daily prayers. 

To everyone I still have ya in my daily prayers.  Hope the aches and pains are being controlled.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to get out and about. 

Donald Garner

Good morning from Belton, Texas   ~shade

We're starting the day off with Blue Bird Skies  ~sun  Forecasted temps of 38-58dgrs with 76%humidity with an E wind @ 6mphs.  There is a chance of rain in the forecast for tomorrow.

Nothing exciting planned for today.  It's going to be a relaxing day for me.  The wife is out finishing up her flower beds in the back yard.  I spotted the mulch bags yesterday afternoon at the locations she was going to be working on this morning.

Y'all have a really pleasant day today.  Be safe in your travels if your out and about.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Woke up this morning to the sound of thunder and rain  ~rain  It's raining and is forecasted to last into the early afternoon today.  Forecasted temps for today are 34-48dgrs with 97%humidity with an E wind @ 9mphs.  This is one of those slow soaking rains. 

There is nothing planned for today due to it raining.  Guess I'll park myself in the recliner and watch TV today.  I did get up and fixed breakfast sandwiches for me and the wife.  She had toast, 2 eggs with Canadian Bacon, I had toast with sugar free jelly, 2 eggs with 4 pieces of sausage  :food.

Donald Garner

It's a beautiful start for today across Central Texas.  We have partly sunny skies across the area.  Forecasted temps are 33-53dgrs with 75%humidity with a NE wind @ 13mphs.  It's looking good for the next couple days here.  Mid 30's in the mornings warming up to the mid 50's.  There's rain in the forecast for Saturday ~rain

Got a few errands to deal with this morning two of them are already done.  I pulled up a dead rose bush root system from the center of the flag poles flower bed.  I re-located the rock pile from the 12ft sage plant flower bed.  I lined them up along the North Flower bed that has the Red Bud Trees planted in it.  We're going to need more rocks to finish out that flower bed.   :-* I might hook the cargo trailer up and head over to Belton Lake and pickup some river bottom rocks.
Fixing to head to Lowes and pickup additional bags of mulch for front yard flower beds.  The rest of the day will be spent relaxing afterwards. 

Bud Kennedy

Finally got to the lanes yesterday to give this bowling thing a whirl.  It has been over 13 years since I last bowled and that was obvious when I started yesterday.  First game was a tough start although my first ball did produce a strike.  I guess it was just beginners luck.  Game two things started to come around and was able to deliver the ball a bit better.  Still lots and lots of work to do to make the approach a bit more automatic. 

Now I know just how out of shape I truly am.  After two games my legs felt like rubber bands and now 24 hours after bowling I have some stiffness in my legs and right forearm and a little bit in my right elbow.  All in all this is a bit better than expected and am looking forward to more bowling in the next few days.

Today's temperature is currently 68 with an east wind about 10 mph.  That will change this afternoon as a frontal system approaches that will produce some rain but a lot of wind that the forecasters indicate will be in the 40 mph range.  There is a low chance of tornadoes as the front passes through the area.  It is fast moving so it won't be here long.  High wind warnings and Gale warnings are now posted for the off shore areas.  Cooler weather will move in after the front passes with lows in the 40s tonight and in the upper 30s on Friday night.

Donalald, take it easy on those rocks you ain't as young as you once was.  Rodney, It is time for your return very soon.  We are all concerned and hope everything is ok.  Will keep the knee mail coming just to help out a bit.

bassmedic46

Good Afternoon Everyone, 38* here and cloudy.we didn't get the snow they were predicting. Haven't been on due to internet issues. Having a procedure next week to remove the stent and try and remove the stones manually.

Bud, Hopefully you didn't get hit to hard with the wind. You'll get back in bowling shape in no time. Is the Ranger coming home soon?

Donald, You certainly do keep busy. Be careful moving the rocks.

I hope everyone has a great day. Keeping everyone in my prayers.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all,

It was on the cold side here across Central Texas this morning.  I had to scrap ice off the windshield :surrender:  Just glad it didn't rain yesterday or last night.  Forecasted temps for the area today were 31-56dgrs with 45%humidity and a NE wind @ 1mph.  We're looking at 43-60dgr weather tomorrow with lots of sun.

I had a medical appointment at the VA Hospital this morning.  I was there for 6 hours having a new procedure done.  My doctor suggested an Infusion Procedure with some stronger med's.   I told him to go for it.  The previous med's I've been taking hasn't really done what the doctor wanted to have happen.  The procedure today was done with IV's into the main blood stream.  The reason for the 6hr visit was they introduce the med's slowly into your system.  There are numerous side affects that can occur with these new med's.  There were lots of precautions taken today.  They had me in a recliner sitting while the IV was running.  They feed me lunch and took very good care of me. My wife was there with me all day feeding snacks and a diet Dr. Pepper.  I have a follow up / another session on 9 Feb.  The doctor thinks with the stronger meds we'll get the Positive Result we want.

bassmedic46; Buddy got ya in my daily prayers still.  Hope the new stent and the stone removal get the positive results you're looking for.    Roger that on gathering of the rocks.  When we built the flower beds back in 2007 in the front yard ALL (7) of their borders are lined with Belton Lake and Stillhouse bottom river rock. I don't know when this task is going to be preformed but for sure I'm going to be careful  ~shade

Bud; Glad you had a good outing and there wasn't any serious injuries done on that first bowling outing.

Rodney; My good man sure hope things are moving in a positive way for during this recovery.  You take care and continue to follow the doctor's and WIFE's orders there  ;)

To everyone hope today was a Blessed day for ya.  It was a good day for me.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to get out and about.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone,
It's another beautiful day across Central Texas today.  We got lots of sun and cool temps which make it a pleasant day to be outside.  Forecasted temp for our area are 33-62dgrs with 69%humidity and a SE wind @ 12mphs.  We have some rain in the forecast for this weekend ahead.

Had a few errands to take care of this morning.  Made quick stop at Walmart for some batteries for the grandson's radio control car.  Stopped by the barber shop for my monthly hair cut and final stop at Lowes for 2 more bags of mulch.  The rest of the day is going to be playing on the computer and relaxing.  The wife finished up De-weeding her front yard flower beds.  She's not decided on when she's going to mulch those beds yet.  I know already it's going to be early next week  ;)

So far so good with the medical treatment I had done yesterday.  I've not experienced any side effects at all.  There's still some swelling going on but that's going to take some time to go down. 

Hope everyone is doing well and have the aches and pains under control.  Y'all have a pleasant and relaxing day whet's left of it.