Tragedy On Smith Mountain Lake

Started by Smallie_Stalker, January 05, 2023, 01:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smallie_Stalker

Read this earlier. Sometimes there are just no words.

https://www.wired2fish.com/bass-fishing/intense-search-underway-for-two-young-anglers

So sad.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

TNDiver

Such a shame. I am guessing no life jackets or they didn't go off.  Prayers for the families.
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: TNDiver on January 05, 2023, 01:59:30 PM
Such a shame. I am guessing no life jackets or they didn't go off.  Prayers for the families.
I was thinking the same about the pfds.  It was even more sad to me that one of them initially made it safely to shore. He went back to help his friend which I think most of us would have done, and it ended up costing this young man his life.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

big g

So sad and so unnecessary!  Just got back from north Georgia and my daughters lake was completely froze over.  I can imagine how cold Smith Lake must have been.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Princeton_Man

Prayers for the families.

I haven't heard a whole lot of details. SML can get mighty rough at times and that water has certainly got to be cold. Hypothermia is a certainty. Very sad.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

BassmanRudy

Quite sad... life jackets might not always save a life but when it's rough/cold I tend to wear mine to give me a fighting chance. After reading the article what a friend the one guy was to safely make it to shore and then return to try and save the friend.
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

bassmedic46

A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing