Ultrex Remote quit.

Started by Larry Francis, March 24, 2023, 05:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Francis

My Ultrex is in service just over 13 months I have seldomly used the remote but do mainly for specks. Yesterday I got it out and it was dead.
I came home and put new batteries in it and it is still dead. Anyone know what the warranty is on the remote? Also I believe you need to have one to keep it up to date if I am not mistaken. Is there a way to update without one? Thanks
Molon Labe

Dark3

You cant calibrate it without the LCD remote. I think they are a couple hundred bucks. Im dealing with a similar issue today. I ordered a terrova through a dealer that came with the micro remote only. Although I do want the micro remote that wasn't the configuration part number I asked for because I knew you cant calibrate it without the full size remote, even on the mobile app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apenland01

You update your phone, then update the motor head, then the motor head updates the remote.  Mine still works after 4 years of heavy use.  I have the larger old style Ultrex remote, which seems to be pretty bullet proof.  I like it a heck of a lot better than my new Ghost remote...

Larry Francis

Quote from: apenland01 on March 24, 2023, 08:31:30 AM
You update your phone, then update the motor head, then the motor head updates the remote.  Mine still works after 4 years of heavy use.  I have the larger old style Ultrex remote, which seems to be pretty bullet proof.  I like it a heck of a lot better than my new Ghost remote...

How do you update your phone app?
Molon Labe

topdsm0138

Quote from: Larry Francis on March 24, 2023, 10:11:35 AM

Depending on if you use Android or Iphone, go to the App Store on your device (where you download various apps for your device), you should be able to see all your installed apps, select the app in question and you should see a Menu that allows you to see if an update is available.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Larry Francis

Quote from: topdsm0138 on March 24, 2023, 11:15:09 AM
Quote from: Larry Francis on March 24, 2023, 10:11:35 AM

Depending on if you use Android or Iphone, go to the App Store on your device (where you download various apps for your device), you should be able to see all your installed apps, select the app in question and you should see a Menu that allows you to see if an update is available.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

I have the app on my phone. Does it tell me when there is a update?  So I don't need the remote really?
Molon Labe

Dark3

Yea you can update on the app. Hit the menu on the top.

Larry Francis

Quote from: Dark3 on March 24, 2023, 01:55:05 PM
Yea you can update on the app. Hit the menu on the top.

Thanks
Molon Labe

Larry Francis

Just found out that the remote also has a 3 year warranty on it. Just gotta take it into a service center. WooHOO!
Molon Labe

FD

Quote from: Larry Francis on March 24, 2023, 02:58:06 PM
Just found out that the remote also has a 3 year warranty on it. Just gotta take it into a service center. WooHOO!
Take it to Chaz at Crossed on 27.  He'll get you up and running.

Sent from the very edge of civilization...where I belong

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Dark3

Check out my remote issue. I ordered a Terrova with the LCD remote. They coudnt get 2 seperate LCD screen remotes to pair. Ordered a micro and paired fine. During troubleshooting with Minkota, downloaded app to see if phone can pair, and it did. So everything is pairing but the 2 full size remotes at the dealer. Like I mentioned earlier, you can't calibrate the heading sensor without it. You know like when you do those circles. And it has other features not on the micro remote. I am going to keep the micro remote because it fits in the hand perfect for actually using it but I still need the full size one. They are warrantiing out the those 2 full remotes. Dealer is 45 minutes away, and they are really good. They are dealing with it. Not sure what the end result will be.

Larry Francis

Quote from: FD on March 24, 2023, 06:12:58 PM
Quote from: Larry Francis on March 24, 2023, 02:58:06 PM
Take it to Chaz at Crossed on 27.  He'll get you up and running.

Sent from the very edge of civilization...where I belong

This is what I did.
Molon Labe