Temps: 90+
Water Temps: 85-86
Wind: None
Current: Light
Sunny
Water Clarity: Clear
Fishing time: 0630-1215pm
Bass Boated: 27

Fished the Holey lands today. Have been looking forward to fishing today all week. Arrived early and launched at 0630. Made a long run to check out some areas I haven't fished for awhile. Although I have been looking to fishing all this week. I didn't like today's conditions. The moon was very bright and the skies were clear. The current was light, and there wasn't much signs of life.

Threw several types of top water presentations, but the bass weren't having it. Switched to the bottom, signs of life. Not big by any stretch of imagination, but there was signs down below. After a while of bottom fishing and catching dinks. I switched to the power fluke presentation. Fortunately that was ticket again. Unfortunately however, the bass were still on the smaller side.

Decided to make a move by mid morning. Ran to the area I fished last week. The difference today, however, was that the current was much slower. Coupled with the fact the wind was extremely light as well, made for brutal fishing. The heat and humidity were off the charts, but I pushed through it.

As I covered water, I managed to coax a few decent bass and peacock to come out play. As 12 pm rolled around, I tapped out. The heat and humidity won. The fish were still cooperating, but I had, had enough. Ended up boating 27. No big ones today, but considering the conditions, I was pretty stoked I managed to put together a decent pattern today.

Thanks for reading!!

Donald Garner

Lou, tks for sharing the trip and those pictures with us.  Glad you had a productive day on the water.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

hondo2doc

Thanks Capt. Lou. Yes being out on the water this time of year is brutal. Between the heat, humidity and lack of wind of any kind. Most non south Floridians don't believe me when I tell them it's 80° at 6 AM here in the summer.

Great report!

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Thanks guys! @hondo2doc, its pretty bad out there temp wise. To make things worse, there's no wind!! It's just a humid oven!!  ~sweat  ~sweat But,,,, the fishing hasn't been bad either and the boat traffic is non-existent.  :-*