Look What Followed Me Home

Started by Bud Kennedy, September 15, 2023, 11:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

It has been over three months but today it followed me home.  Good to have her here and she is currently on the charger.  Plan on starting the clean up this afternoon.  It is dusty dirty just from sitting in the storage lot for all this time.  The river is still high but is expected to drop below flood stage by tomorrow.  Wife is excited and ready to take the old Ranger for a run on the river.

Captsteve

Looking good

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Bud Kennedy

Bud Kennedy

FlatsNBay

Donald Garner

She's still a pretty looking there buddy  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Smallie_Stalker

Glad she finally made the trip home. Hope you and the Mrs. have a successful outing!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Wizard

The 362 was a great Ranger model. That boat will still be running 20 years from now...EPA willing. I hope you took the crappie oiler system out of the Fast Strike.

Wizard

Bud Kennedy

Wizard, still have the VRO hooked up and it is working well.  I do keep a close eye on it however but so far so good.  FYI, my boat model is 365V  it is a dual console but as you know all the 360 series are pretty much the same except for layout.  My boat does have a small aux tank as well.  I don't know if all the 360 series has them or not.  It is only about 5 gallons and have only used it one time.  Those old fast strikes love to suck up the fuel.

D.W. Verts

The deal with the VRO, if folks don't know, is this-

The VRO pump is run with a rubber diaphragm. It flexes back and forth to pump oil according to (mainly) engine speed. The problem is that the diaphragm gets weak over time. It rarely fails- it just pumps a little less and less oil, and in the long run, well, you can guess what THAT does. And it will never set off a low oil level alarm as this happens.

Other things that affect the pump are bad gas (read: ETHANOL) and TIME. Lack of use is a killer on these kinds of components. Water pumps can be the same way.

Anyway, the VRO system was pretty flawed. However a ton of OMC engines have lived (survived) a lot of years with them anyway.

We used to replace them regularly, or kill the entire system. You'd think that would be an easy fix, but the VRO system did not just deliver a constant 50:1 mix of gas & oil. So get rid of it, pre-mix your fuel at 50:1, and many times you'd end up with a rich-running and plug-fowling monster, unless you were a WOT kind of guy.

I'll give the modern 4S motors the nod- it sure fixes a lot of issues, and with the current performance levels of the modern 4S engines, the older 2S technology truly is a dinosaur. I would have have bet against this twenty years ago.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Oldfart9999

Those older rigs are pure class, I'd rather look at most of them than the new ones. Good job keeping it looking great Bud.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Mike Cork

Great looking Ranger, I'm always impressed when you roll her out... Love the sound of a 2 stoke outboard on the hose. I hook mine up acesionally just to impress the kids in the neighborhood LOL

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

FlatsNBay

I remember as a kid, Ranger was always my dream boat. Looks good Bud.

bassmedic46

Beautiful boat Bud, Ranger was always my dream boat as well.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

skidemn

Damn, that must be nice! The only thing that ever follows me are cops and bill collectors...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbass201

Nice looking rig.  Enjoy the river ride.
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035