From the UltimateBass Home Front (Belton, Texas) Oct 2023

Started by Donald Garner, October 01, 2023, 12:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

We're having another beautiful Fall Day across Central Texas this morning.  Lots of sun and cool temps.  Our forecasted temps for today are 47-70dgrs with 41%humidity with a NE wind @ 12mphs.

There is nothing planned for today at all.  I just finished eating breakfast I made a couple fried egg & cheese & sausage sandwiches and had Diet Dr. Pepper to go with them  :food   ;PEP)  The rest of the day will be spent tinkering around on the computer and watching tv later on.

Bud; Congrats to you and your wife on your 56th Wedding Anniversary  ~c~   Enjoy the day today as your Honey Do list has a way of just showing up all of sudden.

To everyone be safe in your daily travels and be mindful of your surroundings.  I hope your day and the evening ahead are pleasant and relaxing.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

We're having a beautiful Fall Day across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 50-77dgrs with 27%humidity with a SE wind @ 7mphs.

The wife and I did a Day Trip up to the Dallas Arboretum and Botanica Garden. To check out the Arboretum and Garden just click on the link below.

Dallas Arboretum and Botanica Garden

I can't tell you how many gardens they have there.  This picture was taken at the Pumpkin Town part of the garden.  There are a zillion pumpkins on display at this place and through out the entire garden.

The drive up IH 35 was ok till we get onto IH 30 in Dallas.  There's always bumper to bumper traffic there at the intersections of IH 35 & IH 30 highway.  Lots of stop and go as the merging vehicles ease over into the lanes.  It's almost like NASCAR racing wow...people changing lanes and not even using the turn signals  ~xyz   You really have to pay attention when driving up there.

Anyway we made it there safely and had a really nice walk through the place.  We had lunch at the terrace restaurant overlooking some of the fountains and small gardens there prior to coming back home.  The drive home wasn't has stressful as the trip up.

It was a long trip for me.  I had to stop and let the wife drive going up and coming back home due to leg cramps occurring.  These cramps came on just all a sudden in my right thigh and hamstring.  For some reason here lately my calves and hamstrings have been bothering me on and off.  This is something new I need to bring to the doctor's attention when I see her next week.

I hope everyone had a really pleasant day.  Hopefully y'all evening will be a relaxing one also.   
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone  8)

Blue Bird Skies are all over Central Texas this morning  ~sun  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 58-82dgrs with 48%humidity with a South wind @ 10mphs.  There's a chance of a some rain being forecasted for the 26th of Oct but we'll have to wait and see if that occurs :-\

Not a whole lot planned for today.  There's some errands to run once the wife get back home from her morning Pilates Class.  Other than that rest and relaxation will be on the schedule for the rest of the day.

I hope everyone has a really pleasant day and evening ahead.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 44 when I git up 52 now headedto near 60, overcast but no rain. I just got home from the gym, sitting down for lunch. Not much happening, need to chech one of the old house parts places, need 2 overhead lights. I bought 2 new ones, they don't fit the old boxes. Shopping day tomorrow, a quick lunch then off to therapy, I'll have to tell the therapist what I'm doing in the gym, I'm taking it real easy on the hip and shoulder, I have about 4 months before the muscles that were cut away are fully healed in the hip. The shoulder is just plain weak from no rehab.
Bud, congrats on 56, that's  becoming rare.
Donald, sounds like a great trip you and Mrs. Donald had. There might be some exercises you can do for the cramps.
Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone from Belton, Texas  8)

Forecasted temps for across Central Texas today are 55-87dgrs with 22%humidity with a NE wind @ 14mphs.
We got lots of sun shining across the area today   ~sun  ~sun  ~sun

Busy morning as I had a Lab Appointment at the VA Hospital.   Team Vampire did their thing and withdrew 3 tubes of blood for testing.  I have my semi annual physical next Thursday with my Primary Care Doctor.  I had breakfast at the hospital cafeteria those biscuits with gravy, hash browns, fried eggs with 4 strips of bacon and that coke was on the spot  :food  ;PEP)

Made a quick stop by the bank and gas station while out and about. As I pulled into the driveway I decided to fire up the John Deere Riding mower.  The yard is now cut and looking better at least for a couple more weeks ;)

The rest of the day will be spent tinkering around on the computer and watching some tv later on.

Rodney; My good man glad you stopped in and shared the day with us.  I'm really glad your recovery is going well for ya.  So any plans to work on the boat or you just going to wait till Spring comes around.  These cramps I'm having are not occurring on a regular basis.  The last bout was like 3 weeks ago until yesterday's trip up to Dallas.  And if you've had cramps before you already know they don't last but like a few minutes if that.  We'll see what the doctor says reference doing exercises etc. 

To everyone hope your day has been a pleasant one.  Hopefully your evening will be a relaxing one as well.  Yawl be safe in your travels if your out and about.   

Bud Kennedy

Fairly busy the last couple of day just doing odds and ends and running errands etc.  My sleep pattern is much better and Tuesday night I actually got 8 hours of sleep.  that is quite an improvement over the 4 hours a night I have been getting.  Hopefully this is a trend and get things back to a more normal pattern. 

The Mrs. had a hair appointment today and after that we went and bowled a few games.  Stopped by the grocery for a couple things after bowling.  This morning I went and got the Ranger and installed a new winch strap.  The capture latch on the old one broke so I ordered a new strap that arrived this morning and could not wait to put it on.  Weather was so good did not want to miss the opportunity before taking the wife to her hair appointment and I did not want to miss bowling either.  So I just went ahead and put on the new strap.  Tomorrow afternoon is forecasted for some rain and tomorrow morning I will top off the trolling batteries and who knows if the weather holds just might have to head to the river for a little bit. 

Planning on more bowling on Saturday or maybe Sunday.  I guess you could say I have really gotten re hooked on the game and am enjoying it very much.  My scores are still not where I would like but they are improving each week.  Most of my bowling is during open play and usually by myself.  That can be enough to tire out an old man quickly.  I would rather bowl league or at least with 2 or 3 other folks but it is hard to get some of my fellow geezers off their butts to go do it.  I like to stay busy and hate the idea of just sitting around all day.  I am glad at my age I still am able to do a lot of things.  So many my age just seem to have given up.  I feel bad for them who won't even try to do things.  So many have physical issues while some just don't want to be bothered.  Kinda sad.  I can't get them to go fishing either and many are younger than me.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Blue Bird Skies are covering down across Central Texas this morning  ~sun  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 59-95dgrs with 41%humidity with an West wind @ 6mphs.   We're looking to have a really pleasant weekend ahead weather wise.

We're off to Fredericksburg, TX later on this morning.  We're attending a Tom Petty Tribute Band performance at the Rock Box Theater.  We'll be spending the night down there this time due to the late show performance.  We'll more than likely travel over to Kerrville, TX tomorrow and spent the day there taking in the sites.

Here's a link you can check out reference Fredericksburg.  There's lots to take in while visiting this Texas Hill Country Town.

Visiting Fredericksburg Texas

One of the things to do in Fredericksburg is to attend the Rock Box Theater.  To check it out just click on the link below.

Rock Box Theater 

Like most states there lots to do ie traveling around to the different small cities and other areas of interest.  Texas has a bunch of interesting places to check out.  Some are as simple as a Day Trip or a weekend trip.  Kerrville is to me a Day Trip place to go and relax and just take in the sites.  The link below explains a little bit about Kerrville.

Visiting Kerrville, TX 

Bud; Tks for stopping in and sharing the day with us.  Glad to hear that your out and bowling again.  Hopefully the weather will be nice enough later on so you take the Ranger back out.  I've been checking out my fishing equipment that's hanging up in the garage.   I'm really wanting to get out on the water but there isn't much to get out on right now. 
It's pretty dangerous to be out on the lakes right now with the levels being 19.12ft below Summer Pool over on Belton Lake.  Stillhouse Lake is at 19.52ft below Summer Pool. All of the locations I fish at on both of these lakes are high and dry right now.

To everyone I hope your day is a pleasant and productive one.  Yawl be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about. 

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

We have partly sunny skies across Central Texas this morning.  Forecasted temps for our area are 71-88dgrs with 70%humidity with a S wind @ 10mphs.  We have a chance of some rain showers moving in tomorrow. 

It's a lazy day today I'm still tired from the traveling these past couple days.  I attended church on-line this morning after eating breakfast.  There is nothing planned at all for today except to relax.  The trip to Fredericksburg and Kerrville were pleasant.  We had really nice weather during the trip.  The performance we attended at the Rock Box Theater was really good.  The band did a great job.

During our visit to Kerrville we stopped at the King Sculpture Prayer Garden.  Below is an aerial view of the garden and narrative about the gardens.

King Sculpture Prayer Garden
https://www.hillcountrymastergardeners.org/the-coming-king-sculpture-prayer-garden

Here's a few pictures I took.  The place is quiet and peaceful and well maintained by the gardeners and volunteers.  It sits on a hilltop over looking Kerrville and the surrounding country side.

We stopped back in Fredericksburg on the way home.  The town was celebrating Oktoberfest starting at 11am - 11pm.  There were lots of people, food, live music and a bunch of other stuff going on. The place was rocking. 

I hope everyone has had a pleasant weekend so far.  Yawl be safe in your travels and be mindful of your surrounding.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

We woke up to rain showers this morning  ~rain   It was one of those slow moving steady rain shower that does great for watering yards and flower beds  ~shade   Our forecasted temps for today are 71-83dgrs with 84%humidity with a S wind @ 11mphs.  There's more rain with possible thunderstorms forecasted for Thursday Friday this week.

Busy morning here.  I had a VA Medical Lab appointment with Team Vampire this morning.  They drew (6) tubes of blood (+) a bottle full urine.  I have to do a 24hr urine sample starting tomorrow which is always fun during the night.  I have to keep the sample refrigerated till I turn it in on Wednesday morning.

Made a stop into the hospital cafeteria after the blood draw and enjoyed those biscuits, gravy, hash browns with fried eggs and bacon  :food  ;PEP)   On the way home I stopped by our church office to drop of my donation for annual Thanksgiving Basket drive.  Final stop was the gas station to fill up the Silverado.

Today is laundry day so I got the washer and dryer going while I'm tinkering around on the computer here.  The rest of the day is going to be spent relaxing and doing nothing  ;)

I hope everyone had a pleasant and relaxing weekend.  Y'all have a pleasant day and evening ahead today. 

Donald Garner

Greetings to all 8)

Cloudy and light rain showers occurring across Central Texas today  ~rain   We're needing the rain as we're pretty dry across the area.  Although this type of rain falling won't do much for refilling the stock ponds, lakes and cause any rise in the rivers we'll take it  ~shade   The Forecasted temps for today are 70-81dgrs with 73%humidity with a SE wind @ 18mphs.

It's been a slack day for me for the most part so far.  I had breakfast and made a trip to the post office to pickup the mail.  Stopped by Walmart on the way home for a few items for supper.  Yesterday I sent an email to my Primary Care Physician reference my leg cramps etc.  She instructed me to go to the emergency room and have them checked out.  So we spent a couple hours in the VA Hospital Emergency Room last night.  The doctor and nurses did a recheck of my blood work that was submitted yesterday morning.  While they did that I had an Ultra Sound done on both of my lower legs to check for blood clots.
My blood test results all came back good and the results from the Ultra Sound came back negative.  So the 2 hours spent there resulted in GOOD News for the most part.  I take a lot of different med's for this Kidney issue I have and there's reaction for every med I take.  So we'd see what the doctor says come Thursday during my Semi Annual Physical.  I have a follow up appointment with my Kidney Doctor on Tuesday the 31st.  I'm still vertical and breathing and actually feeling pretty good  ;)

There's nothing else planned for the day except relaxing.  I hope everyone has a really pleasant day and a relaxing evening later on.     

Bud Kennedy

Easy day today just a couple of errands.  Tomorrow the Expedition goes into the dealer to have the electric window on the Driver position repaired.  It seems to be binding a bit and will not go up and down without making a grinding type of noise.  I guess they will have the vehicle for a couple of days if they have to order parts.  Getting parts is a bit tough with the strike going on and the fact that the expecition is 16 years old.   

The Heating and Air Conditioning tech was here today to do routine service to get ready for the winter months ahead.  The do routine inspections in the spring and in the fall as part of the service contract.

Temps today did hit 70 from a cool start of 47 this morning.  Bright sunny skies and a slight west north west breeze.  Forecast has some very nice weather on the way and hopefully the Ranger will get to go fishing if the expedition repair happens quickly.

Everyone have a great day and send up some prayers for Dark3 as he is in harms way in Syria.  Sounds like there has been a number of attacks on U.S. Forces deployed there.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone,

Rain showers are moving across Central Texas this morning with a continued chance later this evening also ~rain  ~shade   Our forecasted temps for across the area are mostly cloudy skies with 73-85dgrs with 56%humidity with a SE wind of 17mphs.

Somewhat busy morning here.  I had to turn in my 24hr. urine sample back to the VA Hospital Lab this morning.  While there I confirmed my appointment on the 2nd of Nov for my wife to receive a briefing.
On the way home I stopped at the bank and stopped in at Jack and Jill's Donut Shop for a breakfast croissant sandwich of egg, cheese and bacon.  I also had an apple fritter to go along with the sandwich  :food  ;PEP)

The wife wanted to go to the post exchange store on Ft. Cavazos (Formally known as Fort Hood).  I picked up a couple flags to fly in the front yard and a Sergeant Major's Challenge Coin.  We had lunch at Chipotles.  I wasn't overly impressed with their menu and more than likely won't be eating there again. 

The rest of the day here will be spent relaxing as it's a rainy day outside.  The recliner is calling me I can hear it.

Bud; Tks for stopping in and sharing the day with us.  Good luck getting the Expedition fixed.  I'm still holding out on getting the Diesel Check Engine Light issue fixed.  I know whets wrong with it and have a rough idea of the repair cost.  But like you mentioned there's  a part shortage and tech shortage here also.  They want to keep the vehicle for a week or so.  I'm not in that big of hurry to shell out the repair cost just yet.

Hope you're able to hit the water soon with the Ranger.  Our lakes are still way low and there's no sign of them filling back up anytime soon.

To everyone have a safe and pleasant day today.  Be mindful of your surroundings when you're out and about.     

Bud Kennedy

Perfect weather today here at the beach.  Currently temp is 75 heading to 80 with blue bird skies.  The Expedition is at the dealer having the electric window on the drivers position fixed.  It also has a slight problem with the system that manages cabin air flow.  The one in the rear cabin has not worked for a few years but now the one for up front works but makes a heck of a clacking noise from time to time so, I am having both of those actuators replaced.

Todays repair bill is a bit tough with the window deal being $760.00 and the actuators being slightly less than $500.  Although I don't like the cost it certainly cheaper than a new vehicle.  After all my Expedition is 16 years old so things go bad from time to time.  Hopefully the repairs will be done today and I can go pick it up but would not be surprised if I have to wait until Friday.

Might go ahead and mow the lawn today to make use of my time.  If I don't do something then She who shall be obeyed might think up something for me that will be something I don't want to do if you know what I mean.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone,

Rain has occurred across Central Texas today  ~rain   Again it's one of those slow steady types of rain. We'll take it though as every little bit helps.  Our forecasted temps for today are 73-82dgrs with 72%humidity with a S wind @14mphs.

I had my 6 month physical check up this morning with my Primary Care Doctor.  She went over all my blood work numbers and everything is looking good there's no red flags during this check up.   I need to talk with my kidney doctor on Tuesday afternoon reference the leg cramps issue I was having earlier.

There's nothing planned for the rest of the day.  The wife is crashed out in her recliner taking an afternoon nap.  I'm going to tinker around here on the computer and later on move over to the recliner myself.

Bud; Tks for stopping in and sharing the day.  Yep I'm kinda with ya on the repair cost issue.  Last year I had the diesel in the shop for this same issue > Engine Check Light <  The cost to make the repairs was $675.79 dollars.  Diesel engines (this one anyway) has an oxygen sensor that's gone bad.  I had the repairs done at a Good Year Service Center.  This time I have have to take it to the Dodge dealership to get it fixed.  I'm sure the price will be more beings the dealership is involved with the repairs. Good luck getting the repairs done quickly.

To everyone y'all have a pleasant and relaxing day today.  Be safe in your travels and be mindful of your surroundings. 

Bud Kennedy

Going to be another good weather day with temps to 80 this afternoon.  Waiting for the call from Ford service.  should be today sometime.  In the mean time I am planning on cleaning and waterproofing the boat cover as part of my normal fall service.  I have just enough Aqua Armor to do the job but will have to buy some more before spring.  Still considering selling the Ranger but just can't make myself do it just yet.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

Forecasted temps for across Central Texas today are 71-82dgrs with mostly cloudy skies and the chance of afternoon thunderstorms.  The humidity is @ 85% with a SE wind @ 10mphs.

There's nothing really planned for today as the weather is going to be nasty.  The yard needs to be mowed again but I'll have to wait till it stops raining and the yard dries out.  Guess I'll tinker around on the computer and watch some tv later on.

Bud; Hope you get your vehicle back prior to the weekend.  I need to replace the boat covers on the Stratos and G3.  This sun & heat sure do take a toll on them causing them to dry out.  I noticed the G3 cover is torn by the transom again.  Good luck with your decision on selling the Ranger.

To everyone I hope your day is a pleasant one.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

Bud Kennedy

Beautiful start to this fine Sunday morning.  Temps today to 80 with continued blue bird skies and currently a calm breeze.  Unfortunately it is gonna get colder beginning on Wednesday with highs only in the upper 50s for a couple days. 

The Expedition is now back home and everything is fixed and working as it should. It took a total of 4 days to get this all done thanks to waiting for parts.  Getting the window fixed is one thing but the big difference was repairing the cabin air management system.  There are two small boxes that regulate where the air is being directed and both of them were on the fritz.  The rear cabin system was not working at all while the front cabin system was intermittent.  All is well now and a huge difference in the output of the AC.  I did not know that the systems also regulated air flow to the front seats for heat and ac.  They both now work just great.

The boat registration arrived yesterday for 2024.  Since the boat is going back into storage on Monday, I will put on the new stickers sometime today.

Not many tasks being doing recently aside from a little house cleaning yesterday.  I did not cook supper last evening.  Instead we opted to order a Pizza from Papa Johns and just had a quiet evening watching a bit of tv and eating pizza.  Not a bad thing to do on a quiet Saturday night.  Sunday is football watching for the Mrs.  I usually don't watch but she has become a fan of Kansas City and is excited to watch them this afternoon as they take on Denver.  Who would have though that after all these years she has become such a football fan.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

Forecasted temps for across Central Texas today are 37-47dgrs with 41%humidity with a N wind @ 15mphs.  It's been raining now for a couple days > Slow steady light rain < With this North wind at 15mphs its pretty chilly outside right now.  It feels like a true Nov Fall Day down here in Texas ~shade
It's forecasted to be raining on and off here for the next couple days.  It's been raining here on and on since Friday with a slow steady light rain.

Kinda busy today we went shopping at Sam's once the wife got home from her morning workout.  Stopped by and filled up the Silverado with fuel and had the oil changed.  Gas has gone down in price here to $2.86 per gal now.  There's nothing else planned for the rest of the day. 

Bud; Glad you got the Expedition back home now and everything is working on it. Nothing like relaxing in front of the tv and having pizza.  We had pizza the other night also while watching some reruns of Duck Dynasty.  My wife is into watching that show now for some reason.  I can only watch so much of it.  I like my football for the most part watch it on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights > College Games <  If the Cowboys are playing I'll watch them play on Sunday or Monday Night.

Glad to hear you had somewhat of a restful weekend and wasn't overwhelmed by the Honey Do's ;)

I hope everyone had a relaxing and pleasant weekend.  Y'all be safe in travels and I hope the evening ahead is a pleasant and relaxing one for ya.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 35 headed to 42, possible snow tonight, showers, blah. Not much going on, hauled the snowblower out to get it running, it hasn't run since '21, first pull and it thundered to life. Had the gazebo taken down for the winter, didn't get much use out of it because of a cold summer and both the wife and I had our joint problems. Still doing the gym thing.
Bud, I thought I would be boatless now, I plan on being on the water chasing green fish next year. I've missed it a lot.
Donald Good to hear about the good checkups.
Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Beautiful day here in Central Texas.  We have Blue Bird Skies with forecasted temps of 36-56dgrs with
49%humidity with a N wind @ 12mphs  ~sun    It's really a nice day to be outdoors a little on the chilly side but we'll take it  :)

Busy morning has I had a Lab Appointment with Team Vampire at the VA Clinic this morning.   I also had an eye appointment where they took pictures of my eyes to see if my vision is ok.  I've never had an appointment where they took pictures of my eyes.  Pretty interesting as the tech explained to me the procedure.  I have another appointment this afternoon with my kidney doctor.  Things seem to be improving slowly and that's ok with me.  At least there's improvement being made.

I had my usual breakfast of gravy, biscuits, hash browns, fried eggs with bacon while at the hospital this morning  :food  ;PEP)   

There's nothing else is planned for the day as I have another appointment later on. 

Rodney; Hey my good man glad you had the opportunity to stop by and share the day with us.  Snow wow, it's that time of the year already   :-\   Sure hope the Winters are no harsh on y'all this coming year.  I hate ice and snow.  People down here don't know how to drive in it and it makes life that much harder.   Hope you and the wife continue to recovery and heal up following all the surgeries that's been performed.  Y'all both have a really pleasant day and evening ahead.

To everyone hope your day is a pleasant and relaxing one.  Be safe in your travels and be mindful of your surroundings.