Winter Tactics

Started by FlatsNBay, December 10, 2023, 12:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

What's your favorite winter technique?

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on December 10, 2023, 12:44:36 PMWhat's your favorite winter technique?

Slow rolling a Spinnerbait deep is working great for me right now.

apenland01

Blades and drop shot December-February for me...

Eric-Maine

Winter in Florida or in Maine?

Water was 41° on Saturday. Caught this one on a big trd on a magnum weedless ned in 25' Hope to be able to still get out for a few weeks.

My preference though is shorts and bare feet punching thick cover down south.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Hobious

SLOW.

smaller tex rig worms seems to get me unskunked these days.   fished slooowww..

Donald Garner

When I fish during the Winter Months I fish Jerk Baits, Rattle Baits, Colorado Bladed Spinnerbaits slow rolled and of course a Black and Blue 3/8oz jig with a creature bait trailer  ;)

I look for the "Warmest water" first and work through the area slowly.  I like fishing Rip Rap, Creek Channels and Flats and Points near channel breaks.  If I can find submerged bushes along the creek channels or bluffs I flip them with the jig and work that jerkbait through that area also. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

FlatsNBay

For myself in Florida, it's a variety of techniques. When I'm in the boat, pitching and punching mats of vegetation. Also, fishing a jig slow along the bottom works well. I like to fish a jerkbait very slow in canals. A small lipless crankbait fished ultra slow on deep drops. Last year I got into fishing with a spy bait ultra slow. When all else fails, a ned rig.