3-hours to the Afterbay! Mr Dilling???

Started by Hobious, May 08, 2024, 12:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobious

call it my Siren's Song.  i want to check it out.  i think i might launch my kayak at Larkin Road, and hit the Tule, and the two island patches.

This is a total hail mary for me.  i looked and it appears the water level is up??  140 feet?  is that right?

this is the UPPER limit of my day trip..maybe a scooch beyond it actually.  i dont have to say, that would be a long gas-expensive drive home if i skunk.  hahah..

my google earth kungfu leads me to believe it is a tule pitching game at this point.  maybe some punching? 

any tips Mr. Dilling?  just a nod in the right direction would be appreciated. 

i am thinking this SATURDAY. 

Pat Dilling

I responded to your message, included my phone number.  The water level is around 132 right now wich is a level I like.  Tends to pull the fish out of the tules to the edges and even out into the bays way from them.  I have been on a pretty good chatterbait bite, green pumpkin color.  Wacky senkos around or into the tules is also a standard technique.  I Have seen a few kayakers around there.  Last one we talked to was targetting bluegill and had a nice mess of them going with one that looked to be over 12 inches.  Forage is bluegill, crawfish, shad and steelhead trout for the bigger fish.  I heard someone caught an 11 pounder recently on a big swimbait.
Good luck and let us know how you did.

Pat
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!