Fishing Report from Lake Fork TX Skeeter Owners "T"

Started by Basseye, June 13, 2006, 09:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basseye

Well thanks to Uncle Sam :), the wife and I just left Lake Fork and the 13th Annual Skeeter Owners Tournament.(I'm paying for it now in Dallas sitting through 10 hour meetings all week)  :'(

A great time was had by all. Once again Skeeter put on a World Class Tournament.
There were over 1400 entries, and almost 700 boats.

For anyone who may think Lake Fork is a "Lake of the past", check this out....

15 fish over the 24" slot limit were weighed during the day and a half tournament.
5 fish over 24" were weighed the first hour of the tournament.
Winning big fish for the tournament was 12.98lbs!!!!! (That's a 13 lb bass in JUNE!! What would she have weighed in February???)

I had my chance at an over, but screwed it up at the boat when I pulled her head out of the water with a spinner bait before the wife was ready with the net.  :'(  My fault, not hers....  ~shhh  We did manage to catch about a dozen slot fish (16"-24") all in the 4lb-6lb class, but never caught an under fish during the "T". It really sucks to have to throw 5 and 6 lbers back all day and get a donut for the "T"!!!  :-\
I did finally get my over, but it was 5 or 6 hours after the tournament was over. I caught a 24.25" /8.20lbs on a crank bait sunday evening.  ~c~

Well there is always next year....

Hopefully I'll be back in Omaha for the next "T". I get back form Dallas on Saturday, and Leave for Fairchild Wa. on Monday. I'm hopping that is the end of the TDY's for a while. Unless of corse they want to send me back to TEXAS!!!!  ;D

Basseye
Lippum and Leavum
The BASS you save may be mine!!