st. corix legend

Started by bassfreak, June 16, 2006, 05:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassfreak

my friend gave one of these rods that he bought 15 years ago it has an IM-S graphite. now days rods are rated with any given number behind the IM. this rod is 15 years old and cost $100 new. how does it compare to a rod now days for the same price, or could it be repaced for $40. just curious

topcat

Hi Bassfreak.....the St.Croix is a good rod built buy a very dependable company...IMO the rod could not be replaced for $ 40 bucks and you probably couldn't find one built as well today for the same money........this is just my opinion....I am sure others will come and share their opinion...welcome to the site...glad you are a member...if I can help you find anything let me know........

Topcat

OutdoorFrontiers

The St. Croix Legend rod that you have is a Legend Elite and it's rated at IM-5 (not IMS), their top rating.  It comes with a lifetime warranty and nowdays, a Legend Elite will set you back $250 or more, depending upon the rod you have.  Yeah, there's no way you'll replace that for $40.00!!!!   ~c~

I'm VERY familiar with St. Croix rods.  I live about an hour drive away from the plant and am on a first name basis with many of the folks that work there.  I walk in and everyone says "Hi Steve" as I continue on through the plant.

Many of the custom rods I build are on St. Croix blanks and I love their products. 

Steve
Steve Huber OutdoorFrontiersTv

bassfreak

hey steve, thanks for the info but today i went fishing and snaged and i cracked the cork on the rod, i don't think that the blank is damaged,dut i was wondering if i was able to fix it myself or doi have to bring it some where to mget it fixed

topcat

Bassfreak don't forget there is a lifetime warranty on the rod....why fix it get another one....

Topcat

OutdoorFrontiers

If the cork is simply cracked, there's no reason to send it to St. Croix for a new rod.  Simply use some Elmer's Carpenter glue (not the white stuff) and work it into the crack.  Then, using rubber bands (or some type of clamping system), allow it to dry.

Any excess should be wiped off while still wet or it can be sanded off later.

Even if you do decide to send the rod in, you'll still be liable for shipping/insurance both ways.  Save the warranty for if the rod blank does break.

Steve
Steve Huber OutdoorFrontiersTv

Dug

gorilla glue...........can't be without it, and it works incredibly well.  I agree save that warrenty for the blank itself.

Doug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.