Buzzbait and Top Water is on!! Potomac River Bass Fishing Report

Started by Gunny, June 20, 2006, 08:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunny

If you happen to get out on the Potomac this weekend, make sure your throwing a Buzzbait and a top water, they are killing it right now!!  Fish it over the top of the grass, in-coming tide has been the best for the bigger fish, but your can catch them all day long even in the middle of the day on the top water popper.  My bait of choice is a Invino Splash-it or the Splash-It2, on the high tide over the grass.  I have been able to get the fish it hit this bait all day long even with the sun shining.  The buzzbait is bait of choice in the low light hours, early and late.  Good luck!!

Creel Limit Zero

Good tip, thanks Gunny.  I will be fishing a tourney on the Potomac on Saturday, and plan on buzzing my way to a limit if I can.   lo

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Gunny  ~c~ ~c~ and just in time for Creel to use the info too  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Warpath

The topwater bite must be on all over the country, because I just caught a 12 inch bass on a pearl Pop-r here in SW Ohio.  Today is about as blue skied, post -frontal as you can get, didn't think I would get a bite on a topwater, but I sure did.

Eric