Pinkeys Glen

Started by super ron, June 21, 2006, 12:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

super ron

Has anyone ever caught any keepers out of Pinkeys?  Went out yesterday to try my luck as my son wanted to go fishing and it's only 3 miles from my house.  My boy and I caught a good number of fish but the largest was only 14 1/2.  And this time I out fished him.  It's about time as he has been kicking my butt lately. And he lets me know it every since Okoboji last year.

We caught most of the fish on the weed bed on the main lake using frogs.  The fish were holding in the thickest part of the grass or on the outside edge.  Nothing in the pockets or inside weed line.

Back in the arms the fish would bite lizards. Dark colors only.  They would touch worms or jigs and you could watch the fish follow a worm or jig up to the boat.  the catchable fish were all shallow and smaller than the fish on the weed beds.  You couldn't catch any fish in the deeper water, whether you were bouncing on the bottom or suspended in the upper water column.

Was kind of funny though.  You have a pond of only 15 Acres and there were only 3 boats including mine on the water.  All 3 bass boats.  I figured bass boats had better places to go than Pinkeys.

And yes Rod and Jay before you say any thing I did get a boat.  Even though it won't see a tourney this year I still got it.  But since getting it, the fish gods have been cruel to me.  I haven't caught a keeper in it yet.  Shane Ward got a 3 lb plus fish out of Manawa in it.  My son has a 2 1/2 LMB at Mozingo but I am batting 0 for keepers.

So to the original question.  If anyone has any thoughts or experience on catching any quality fish at Pinkeys let me know.

~SM Ron

Javelin 409

Odd.  I just put the family boat in Pinkys today and caught a limit of keepers on a frog (5), granted they were just 15's, but would have measure the same.  Got bored with them and caught some gills for supper.

We knew you got a boat meathead, that's old news.  Now get busy and catch a keeper.
I caught some nice ones this a.m. at the base lake too.  If I could spell your last name, I would send them to you.  2 that were 21 inches, 1 that was 18, 1 that was 17 1/2.... and on down the chain.

Skipper (ripnlips)

Yea, yea, we heard you bought a small skiff of some sort......Now get off the computer and go learn how to catch a fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

super ron

I just put the comment about the boat because it hasn't been to a tourney since I bought it.  And if I get accepted to Paramedic school in September it woun't see a tourney until 2008. 

And I do catch fish!  I catch the hell out of the small ones.

~SM Ron

super ron

Finally saw a keeper out of Pinkeys.  I say saw because my son caught it and not me.  Starting to realize he is a much better fisherman than me.  By the way:  If anyone is interested in going to Pinkeys, the water level is about 2 feet low.  It plays havic trying to get a larger boat out of the ramp.  The water being that low causes the ramp to drop off before it normally would because of the steep drop off.  Be careful.

~SM Ron

Javelin 409

~SM Ron, I tried sending you the Tourney info.  It came back.  Call me or shoot me and email.
294-4049 or jason.ehlers

All lakes are low.  At least you didn't try launching your suburban this trip, we all know trucks don't float.  Why would you try that???