Date and Location

Started by MotherNature, October 24, 2004, 03:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Yeah Ronnie them Lake Charles boys talked a big game too :roll2: They put on a great show but didn't bring much to tip the scales :roll2: unless you count red fish

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Chris

OUCH! This is getting good!

Mike Cork

Yeah it used to get good until we went down there and showed them what a bass looked like  :roll2: Since then they don't show their faces in threads of this nature ;)

Rattle will find this soon and come defend their Honor ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

Chris

LMAO.................... :roll2:

Nothing like good, productive trashtalk.....Youre going to have the south Louisiana guys so hyped up they will be at Grand Bayou every weekend from now until the tourney pre-fishing.

Jared LeBlue

Don't let them fool you, they only beat us by 3lbs. And speaking of odd fish what about those two flat fish Laurie caught. I can assure you of one thing they won't do it again.
Ardent Prostaff

Jared LeBlue

Oh and Chris don't worry about the prefishing, we only need to go once to see the lake and it's all over. lo
Ardent Prostaff

bassadict69

Yeah...OK...It's just the water in your backyard you have trouble with huh!  ::) :roll2:

Wildcat26

Hey Ronnie, wouldn't if be great to get these guys in the marsh.

I admit they did win the hurricane tournament.  The fish were so screwed up they bite a yankee pattern.  They won't admit it but one fish, a 4 pounder, won the tournament. The storm backed the water up pretty good. I believe more salt water fish were caught than bass. 

BIG PAPA

I never did tell you guys that I snagged that fish in the tail as it was trying to get out of the way. :roll2: :roll2:

papa ;)

Mr. Steve

Ms. Laurie,

How are ya'll doing? Is the tournament on Grand Bayou an open one? If so could you give me more information please. Tell the girls & Mike Hi! for me.

Thanks,
Mr. Steve

MotherNature

Hi Steve, long time no see!

The tounament on Grand Bayou is not an open, sorry. It is a tournament where all of the bass clubs that have free message boards here on the site get together to fish for the weekend and have a great time meeting all of the folks that they talk to. I think we have a club coming from Maryland and maybe from Florida and a few clubs coming from Louisiana too.... You shl=ould talk to the church club and get them involved in the forum and get their own message board! Then they could come and participate too ;)

You should stop by some time. Jamie is the only one left at home but I know she would love to see you :)

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

Bret Moore

I was just curious if out of state fishermen have to buy licenses for tournaments like these. Ive never fished in a tournament out of my own state. Are there special regulations for them?

Mike Cork

You will have to buy a lisence, but you can buy a 1 day or 3 day let me check on the prices and I will get them posted.

Cork's Reel Service

Ron Fogelson

Bret Moore I copied this right from LA DNR web-page  If you want to check it out the link is below, just add www.  & copy it to you browser.

wlf.state.la.us/apps/netgear/index.asp?cn=lawlf&pid=1052

Recreational fishing and hunting licenses may be purchased on-line at Great Lodge or by telephone using Visa or MasterCard. Call toll free 1-888/765-2602. An authorization number for immediate use will be provided and licenses will be mailed to the licensee. A SERVICE FEE IS CHARGED.

You can get a 1day, 4day or season license & the prices are as follows.
Non Resident Fish Trip 4-day $15.00 Covers fishing in freshwater only
NR Fishing Trip 1-day $5.00 Covers fishing in freshwater only
NR Fish Season $60.00 Required to fish in fresh water 
NR Saltwater Fish Season $30.00 Required to take saltwater species NR Fish Season

Mike Cork

thanks Fogy, I forgot all about this. I was going to do the same thing. Now we need to find out if they can be purchased at the store at the lake, if not I am sure they can get one in town.

Dave the Dope Man help us out on this one?

Cork's Reel Service

Ron Fogelson

That's what DIPS are 4!   ;D

I'll try & check this weekend or anyone can use the website below & or phone# & order with a creditcard.  They will provide an authorization # so you can fish for up to 14days before the license shows up in the mail

Fish On

Hmm how many miles from New York is it.  I'll drive my 12 foot jon boat down be there soon  v~    :roll2:
Alluringbaits.com        Fish307.com             Protackle.net
Boatboys.com            Furryfishbaits.com    Sunrizetackle.com    cbshawgsauce.com  
Secretweaponlures.com         Pourboyplastics.com

Bret Moore

Ron Fogelson

Any time Bret Moore hope it it works out 4 U 2 stop in & fish with us

fishforfree

Fogy - Any info on if we can buy the license at the Grand Bayou Resort?

By the way - checked it out online - looks like a nice place!!!!

fff

MotherNature

Fishforfree, I just called the resort and they do offer LA fishing licenses in their store ;)

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

Ron Fogelson

fishforfree, YEP!   ;D

Thank You Laurie!  ;)

fishforfree

Thank you for your prompt response!!
A+

dave the dope man

As a side note here about the store: They do carry a meager supply of bait and tackle, but I wouldn't rely solely on them for gear and equipment. There is a store up the road about 3 mile called Nichols that has a larger selection, rather pricey, that may be better. I, however, would buy at a larger retailer in a larger city........this isn't meant to be a "slam" against anyone, just the truth......Dave

Siggy by DundeeMike

Jared LeBlue

2006 UBCS will be at Lake Fausse Point on March 18 and 19.
Ardent Prostaff