A Special Message to Rickoos

Started by DundeeMike, November 05, 2004, 04:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazybass

It's OK Rickoos. He just may need me in June. Dundee's just jealous because I'm much YOUNGER and better looking (even with my bag on). One thing about Dundee Mike is his big heart. He helps so many people with information and tips. He is a blast to fish with if you know your rock and roll oldies. By the way Rickoos thanks for the invite to stay at your place after the tournament. Will you have any time before the tournament to fish one day on the Red River or Toledo Bend? I will be there on Monday evening. Looking forward to meeting everyone in June.

Siggy by DundeeMike

DundeeMike

Yea, right crazy bass. That is why you were wearing a bag over your head at the last tourney. Just so happen, I have a picture of you with the bag on...See below...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mike Cork

CrazyBass, just so happens that a good launch on the red river is only about 15 from the Grand Bayou. If your nice, Okey Dokey Dave lives very close and could hook you up may have to be after work though.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

crazybass

Thanks Mike, will the same license work for the Red River and Grand Bayou? Tidal versus impoundment? I'll be good but I can not vouch for you know who!

Siggy by DundeeMike

DundeeMike

I am going to be good from now on, I want Santa Clause to see I am a good boy. Just to set the record straight, Crazy Bass is a very good friend to have. He is fun to fish with, and to be around. He is funny and can take a joke. If you have him for a friend , you have someone special. And I consider myself special, to have him for a friend. Ok, Crazy Bass, now you will have to deflate your head.....

Mike Noble

Crazybass...the same license works all over Louisiana.  Well, except down south where some areas require a saltwater license in addition.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

crazybass

Thanks Mike. In Maryland some lakes and impoundments require a fresh water license and some rivers may need a tidal license and some rivers could be tidal below the salt line and fresh above the salt line and some rivers you can use either. Confusing isn't it. Makes me buy a Maryland Tidal, Maryland fresh, Virginia fresh and a North Carolina fresh.

Siggy by DundeeMike

Mike Noble

We have some of those confusing laws also.  Cross Lake requires a special boat sticker, as does Cypress/Black Bayou Reservoirs.  Cane River Lake requires a special fishing license.  And south of I-10 you have to have the saltwater license in addition to your normal license.  I'm not aware of any other special situations.

It does get expensive.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

crazybass

I forgot that I had to buy a Washington, DC license to fish the Potomac River in the Washington, DC area. I won't get into creel limits on the Potomac River for different species of fish depending on where you launch and which jurisdiction your license is from.

Siggy by DundeeMike

MotherNature

crazybass it sounds like they really make you work to be able to just go fishing up there!

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

Jared LeBlue

I'm just waiting for the day they come out with the black bass stamp on some silly shit like that.
Ardent Prostaff

MotherNature

You know that there is a Wildlife and Fisheries lady that checks out the board everyonce in a while... Don't give her any ideas there Rattle  ~shhh

crazybass

Laurie the Potomac is owned by Maryland but governed by the Potomac River Fisheries Commission which is located in Virginia. So, you can have a Potomac River Fisheries Commission license, Maryland license or Virginia license all reciprocal above the 301 bridge (salt line). But the Washington DC portion of the river requires a DC license. Below the 301 bridge is tidal and requires a Maryland or Virgina tidal license. The 3 licenses cost me about $60.50. Add North Carolina and Louisiana this year and I'm over $100.00+. And you better have your boat in order because you can get pulled over and checked for all required safety equipment by any of the jurisdictions. Ask ol' Dundee Mike. He didn't have his running lights on at 6:59AM and got a big old ticket because the posted sunrise was 7:12AM. The sun was plenty bright when he got his ticket but the Department of Natural Resources went by the posted sunrise.

Siggy by DundeeMike

MotherNature

I got lost about the time you typed 301 so it really is way too much to remember. I think I would be in big trouble  :o

Rickoos

"What Lights"???????? You got to have lights to bass fish??????? Nobody said anything to me about needing lights to fish.......... ~shade

Poor ole Dundee, someone must have told him the same thing........ lo lo

Crazybass, don't worry, it will be worth it all just to be over here in Cajunland fishing with all your coonass cousins!!!!!!!! ;)

Ricky
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

crazybass

Rickoos, I'm really looking forward to some of that great Cajun food when we come down there.

Siggy by DundeeMike

Wildcat26

You know guys we take the rules of the water down here for granted because we have lived with them for years but I bet our northern pals are not aware of our special rules of the water.  I am sure they are not aware of the rules or fines reguarding disturbing nesting gators or the fines if you hit a gator with your boat and the reporting requirements.  God help you if they catch you hitting a gator and not reporting it. There's also the fines for disturbing nesting ducks.  And then the speed limits on various lakes, of course most lakes have the speed limits posted at all public launches.

DundeeMike

We are exempt from all southern rules. Gator, or tater, doesn't make any difference to us. Ducks, they are just a pain anyway. And finally speed limits, well they got to catch us first........

bassadict69

They ain't ever seen our water cops  PoPo they are running 17-18 foot jon boats with 150hp on the back.  lo

DundeeMike

Jon boats, won't take much to sink them either. I guess they carry rubber bands and paper clips too, just in case one of those mean gators go after them..... :roll2: :roll2: