Waller Mill Bass Fishing Reports

Started by bassdaddyo, July 28, 2006, 07:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassdaddyo

For those who enjoy a quiet day on the lake I recommend Waller Mill park outside of Williamsburg. The lake is trolling motor only so keep that in mind when fishing there. There are LMB and Stripers there. between my friend and myself we landed @ 5 bass no less than 2#each in about 10 mins in one spot before we moved on to fish for white perch. There are also bream and perch in the waters. We had a great time and it's affordable ($8 for being on the water from 6a.m. till 3 p.m.)There's also nice facilities should you need them and a snack bar. I plan on going back for both the bass and stripers but I'm really eager for the fall b/c there's lots of timber in the water and the crappie bite should be insane.
shore fishin's better than no fishin.

Bane

what part of VA is this in? Im in MD so it might not be that far from me. more then 2hrs is pushing it though for a day trip.

bassdaddyo

It's off I64 east before you get to Williamsburg. I'd say 2.5 hrs with traffic from DC.

Bane

cool, maybe I'll give it a go this fall once the water temp starts to drop a lil and both the largemouth and the stripers start moving around more. you said 8am-3pm, do you have to be off the water by 3pm or do they offer a 1/2 and full day license thing to fish it? Id rather make a whole day out of it and by 3pm could be just starting to get good  lo

bassdaddyo

i think it's open from 6 Am till dusk. I'd like to go there at night but that's not going to happen.