Favorite Spinning reel

Started by Big J, August 01, 2006, 12:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Im thinking of getting a new reel and need some options.  What Spinning reel would you recommend?
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Dug

For the money, and I just wrote a review on this one, a Zelina XP22 3000 is a very fine fishing reel.  It's fairly new on the market and really the only place I have found it is on ebay.  Cost 25.00 plus about 5 bucks shipping.  I rate it better than my okuma reels.  But make no mistake, this isn't a cheap reel, it's an inexpensive one that I feel has yet to find a niche, but is of superior quality.  Another off the wall choice is the california tackle M-10 which comes with a lifetime warranty.  and can be purchased on ebay for about 30 bucks plus shipping.  both of these reels are 10 ball bearing reels and perform very well.

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Swede

Great input Dug - will have to look into those two - inexpensive sounds very good right now :-*  I've used various Shimano, Diawa, and Quantum reels.  The most I can justifiably spend for a reel is $100-$120.  Comparing reels I have used - the Stradics from Shimano are the best, followed by Quantum's Catalyst and  Diawa's Tournament SS Series.  After all is said and done - I would not spend more than you are comfortable spending.  Check out the retailers and various online auction sites.  Many times - the auctions will be cheaper for same model reel.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

OutdoorFrontiers

I'll have to second the Stradic vote.  I have a couple of them and they've proven to be very durable and smooth reels that take a lot of abuse from my guide clients and I.

The reel that I would put a close second is the Shimano Sahara.

Steve
Steve Huber OutdoorFrontiersTv

Big J

Ill look into the Stradic and Zelina XP22 3000.  Thanks.

reddman

This hits right at home..Keep em coming guys...Im looking at getting a spinning outfit too...

Swede

Quote from: reddman on August 01, 2006, 09:51:22 PM
This hits right at home..Keep em coming guys...Im looking at getting a spinning outfit too...

I don't think spinning gear is allowed on Kerr is it? :roll2: ~roflmao  Them bass didn't much care for mine when I was there ~xyz
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

reddman

Man you just dont know,  :roll2:...When you headed back this way?  If its soon send me a pm and I will tell you how we are catching em now on spinning tackle.  Kinda makes me mad.  I got all these pretty big cranks for deep water.  And all these big old monster worms and lizards for rigging, but noooooooooo.  Mister Bass wants itty bitty lures right now.

I went to Bobcats today with my little diva and stocked up on the special plastics...Hint its in the back left corner of the plastics. 

liquidsoap

Get a Pflueger, they are really underated.  They are relatively cheap, they have excellent drag sysyems, and they industructable.  They are excellent reels, I would pay $200 dollars for the one I have.
New wave Bassin'

Big J

shaggycat

Quote from: liquidsoap on August 02, 2006, 10:10:26 AM
Get a Pflueger, they are really underated.  They are relatively cheap, they have excellent drag sysyems, and they industructable.  They are excellent reels, I would pay $200 dollars for the one I have.

To which model are you refering?

liquidsoap

Its called the intesnsity, I bought it on clearence at dicks for $25.  It didnt come in a box, its got a huge spool, and 10 bearings.  I would assume the reel is $70 though.  I am getting one of there baitcasters soon.  Just cant decide which one to get.
New wave Bassin'

shaggycat

Quote from: liquidsoap on August 02, 2006, 09:14:59 PM
Its called the intesnsity, I bought it on clearence at dicks for $25.  It didnt come in a box, its got a huge spool, and 10 bearings.  I would assume the reel is $70 though.  I am getting one of there baitcasters soon.  Just cant decide which one to get.

You could get the intensity baitcaster  :-*

Beaver Trader

Check my website www.genevaenterprises.com or call me at 281-433-3917.  I have the entire line of Pflueger spinning reels in my shop and will give you a ball cap with each purchase this month.  Also best prices available by email, don't pay any attention to the website pricing....best deals by direct order by email, phone or fax.

DISCOUNTS TO UB MEMBERS
Ultimate Bass Product Sponsor

Big J

Awesome ill check out that website.

Big J

I checked it out and I like the Pflueger President Spinning Reel.  I would like to buy that one.

kman1898

alright ill tell u the best reel u can ever get in ur life for the money. its called an okuma avenger and ive had one for 2 years and its the only spinnig reel that me and my dad have ever not messed up some how and we fish alot so its very reliable and dependable i got the av 30 series and its beutiful. and its around 30 dollers. check it out.

Chris

Quote from: Big J on August 10, 2006, 03:55:22 PM
I checked it out and I like the Pflueger President Spinning Reel.  I would like to buy that one.

The Pflueger President Spinning Reel is the best spinning reel Ive ever owned. Got it at Bass Pro for around 70 bucks. Quality reel. 

UgLy_StiK

Right now I have a fleuger on my ultralite, but I am also a big fan of Quantums

spetro

I have one spinning reel on board.....its a shimano wih a finger flip bail.  Its freakin' awesome. Got it at wally world for about $50.00.  If interested...send me a PM, I'll get you a model # via PM this Saturday when I get back home

OHbassaholic

Every time I try something new it goes on a backburner and the Shimano Spirex's come back out.  I REALLY don't care for instant anti-reverse on spinning reels.  I've been using trigger style since I was a kid and the Spirex's have been number 1 in my book since 1999.  I love the way I can cast and reel in without ever looking down at the reel.  That trigger and double paddle handles are the bomb.

OutdoorFrontiers

LOL, and I had trigger spinning reels and got rid of them for the instant anti-reverse models!   lo

I guess that's why they make different models for fidderent folks!   ~c~

Steve

OHbassaholic

Did you just call me "fidderent"?!?  ~roflmao

I seremble that remark.

Warpath

I'll have you both know that I just got a headache reading that!!!

Eric

OutdoorFrontiers

Oh Lord, I certainly did "Fat-Finger" that reply, didn't I?   '-{

Steve