Boat Colors and Fish...

Started by Hawgwild, October 01, 2006, 09:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgwild

Do you think boat colors have any effect of fish..mainly bass?

I've talked to some folks and they feel some boat colors may spook bass...What do you think..?

I know folks that have bright yellow, orange, and other color boats and they catch fish OK...

Just curious,

Scottie

Swede

I don't personally think one color is any better than the next.  Here in Florida - my next boat will be a light color to help with heat absorbsion.  Them boats get down-right hot in the summer.  Hard to sit down in the seat sometimes.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

bass1cpr

I don't think fish know what it is but I bet they think it's Big.  lo
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

clubber

I don't have a clue if fish are shy of one color or another. But I heard Denny Brauer say that he feels that a light colored boat scares the fish and said he always used a dark color.

BassBUFF

I would think a dark color on the bottom would be better than a light color.

Bane

I would say the opposite, Notice how just about all fish have a lighter under-belly then their top half? So when predator fish looking up cant see them aswell and they blend into the surface/sunlight reflection. So maybe the white gel-coat boats have a slighter advantage on not being seen? who knows lo