This one's for Mike

Started by Steve_W, November 05, 2006, 07:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_W

got this one sat morning ,with a strike works jig and a yamamoto hulla grub as a trailer

caught a few  smaller ones but the bigger fish wanted a jig falling slow around laydowns

Get well soon the jig fish await

Mike Cork

WTG I love a good jig bite :toot: thanks for catching one for me ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

clubber

TimTool, are those Newton bass???

Steve_W

You Know it
Got to love some warm water bassin ~c~

clubber

Yeah, wish I lived closer to Newton. But I am planning on going to Coffeen one day this week.

MendotaBassMaster

Went out to Mendota Lake today and got a big fat nothing. It is the local lake here in town. We are about 12 miles from LaSalle/Peru. Ang suggestions for some cold water bassin or am I resigned to being done for the year? There doesn't seem to be any cover of any kind in this little lake. Rock bottom and from everything I can find out the lake is only 11 feet deep in the deepest part. No one seems to be able to produce a contour lake so I don't have much help. Thanks

Steve_W

hello mendota
I usually fish power plant lakes,my water is still in the 70's,but sat they wanted it slow,so I would try using a jig or maybe a swimbait slow off the bottom,also hit any local tackle shops in the area for lake info
and if you post a fishing report,  here >>>>>>>   http://ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php/board,58.0.html
You might find someone else in the area can help you out

topcat

Lipripper

Tim thanks for catching that Bass for Mike  ~c~ ~c~ and I'm going to be heading that way on Thursday so you still want to try out a long pole  ;)
MendotaBassMaster isn't that one of them strip pit mines down that way. I know there are lots of them down in that area.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

MendotaBassMaster

Nope this is a little lake here in the town. There are actually two lakes here. One is Lake Kakusca(spelled wrong I am sure) that you can take a boat out in and hardly any where to bank fish and the one I fish is right next to it that I am told is only 11 foot deep at it's deepest but I am not really sure as I cannot find anyone that has a contour map of the lake. Fred's bait shop doesn't and that is the only bait shop in town. I don't know where the strip mines are but think they are in Spring Valley about 12 miles away.

Lipripper

MendotaBassMaster here is a link to the report I did for the strip mine pits

Mazonia Strip Mine Pits

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LoonyToon

Give it about another week MendotaBassMaster and the stratification process should be about through....2 at the most....that as you may know is the water turnover.......vegetation is dying, wind current powers most strats on lakes as they have little or no current unless it is a power producer.........Oxygen levels are probably real low in the areas your fishing and the bottom slop your bringing up may be green, but the hydrilla is brown, as are the pads, mats, etc..........

Check with your Fish and Game people -DNR- for Illinois and they may have something from doing fish counts/samples/electroshocking or even mapping, I know they did that here in Delaware, then sold the books at Trap Pond.......Later and happy fishing

Keep the Rod Tip up and the Hook Sharp