Mendota lake(Mendota,Illinois) Bass Fishing Report

Started by MendotaBassMaster, November 06, 2006, 12:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MendotaBassMaster

Went out to the local lake today and had no luck whatsoever with a bite. Threw out crankbaits, carolina rigged worms and the local lake favorite poppers to no avail. The only information I can seem to get about the lake is that it is 11 feet deep at the deepest point but even then no one seems to know where that is either. Does anyone have any contour information on the lake? I fish from the bank there and had really good sucess throwing weightless worms during the summer days and nights and I also had alot of sucess throwing poppers late in the day. In September I caught a 2 1/2 pounder with a devil's horse.

GotstaFish

There are probally maps at your local pro shop. Let me see if I can find something,BRB

GotstaFish

OCBassman

OCBassman

I don't know if this will help but it's all I could find. It's a topo map you can create but it costs money. Take a look Hope it helps.

http://www.mytopo.com/map.cfm?mapparams=zone%3D16%26easting%3D322285%26northing%3D4602872&CFID=68095464&CFTOKEN=13683386

marcoman

Quote from: MendotaBassMaster on November 06, 2006, 12:16:04 AM
Went out to the local lake today and had no luck whatsoever with a bite. Threw out crankbaits, carolina rigged worms and the local lake favorite poppers to no avail. The only information I can seem to get about the lake is that it is 11 feet deep at the deepest point but even then no one seems to know where that is either. Does anyone have any contour information on the lake? I fish from the bank there and had really good sucess throwing weightless worms during the summer days and nights and I also had alot of sucess throwing poppers late in the day. In September I caught a 2 1/2 pounder with a devil's horse.

I've never fished Lake Mendota but have read good things about it this past summer. Have added it to my "to fish" list for 2007!
They have info here on the lake. (of course it isn'tfree!) http://www.sportsmansconnection.com/downloads/illinois/downloadinfo/18695-Mendota/