Previous topic - Next topic

calincalif50

Pros and Cons of the Quantum Procaster 100N

Your thoughts please

calincalif50

:shocking:  oooooopppssssssss.

make that the Diawa Procaster100n

Mike Cork

Cal, I can't really offer any advise here as I am a shimano man. I know a lot of folks that use diawa and they absolutely love them. Now your specific reel I don't know but, someone will swing by and give you some inputs.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

dave the dope man

Cal, I can comment only on two different models of Diawa's the cheaper procaster which is a decent real I quess, and the X-103 Hi model. I only have one of those and I can honestly say it is by far the smoothest reel I have ever put my hands on...I have used a chronarch which was great but the 103 seems to be far superior as is the price, that is why I only have one and I got it used......Soryy I can't  help on the other models brother.....Dave

Siggy by DundeeMike

calincalif50

Thanks or the answeres.  Guess I'll just have to try them out to see how I like them

Mike Cork

Cal, let us know what you think about them please?

Cork's Reel Service

Ron Fogelson

I'm sure you know this, but just trying to offer a friendly reminder that a good out-doors store should place the real you are looking at on a rod similar to what your going to use & let you get the feel of it.  At BPS they even spooled it up and put a casting weight on one for me & let me play with it for about 30min.  Now once I said no thanks but once I bought 3 of them.  So its worth the effort to ask.

Fogy

calincalif50

Wish I had A BPS near me but driving to VEGAS isn't just a hop around the corner.  Since they are x-mas presents, I'll make due with them, can't be all that bad

Mike Cork

Oh I am sure they are going to be nice reels and I am interested in hearing how they work out for you. I have been known to take a reel into a tackle store and put it on a rod I was looking at. If they want to make a sale I am sure they will help out.

Let us know.

Cork's Reel Service

calincalif50

yep,  this is true.  The local shop I use is Tacklewherehouse and they'll let you mount it to any rod you want.  I tried the daiwa "Sol" with the low seat and a fenwick rod,  talk about light and fits in the hand so nice.  Just can't afford the price of the Sol

Mike Cork

Isn't it funny how the lighter something weighs the more expensive it is :roll2:

I have been working on trading website links with Tackle Warehouse, but haven't got a reply from them. Next time you are that way drop a bug in their ear so we can set up a link exchange and give each other some publicity.

Cork's Reel Service

calincalif50

shadow745

I know I'm a little late on this one, but better late than never. IMO you can't go wrong with a Daiwa product. I have a TD-X 103 HSD and it's the most awesome reel I've ever used. The thing I like most about it is the construction/attention to detail. Except for part of the left side plate and part of the levelwind it's all metal. It has every feature you'd ever need for pretty much any situation and some of those features are used in their cheaper models as well. You could also check out eBay. I've seen some really nice reels in good condition sold at great prices. Later! 

rudder

Bite the bullet and geta Diawa TDZ. The thing only weighs 6oz. (Japan model). I bought one last year (Ebay) and now find it difficult to use any other reel. I normally wouldnt spend that much money on fishing equip........What am I saying? Hell ya Id spend that much $$$ on equipment. Ya only live once. ~sun
GIT R DONE