Hogs vs. Gators

Started by ʇuǝɹq™, November 30, 2006, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ʇuǝɹq™

I just want to say good luck to all you  ~gator fans, but the HOGS are going to throw a beat down on Saturday!

WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOOOOOOIE!!!!!!!

SEC CHAMPS!!!

And hey LSU, if you wouldnt choked earlier in the year, you would be playing for it.   ~roflmao

BassBUFF

You're right, Russel lost that one for us.

I hope y'all do win, it'll put us higher in the rankings than both the Hogs and Gators! :roll2: :roll2:

ʇuǝɹq™

Maybe higher in the rankings but the Hogs will go to the Sugar Bowl, which is next best bowl from the Championship!

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: brent on November 30, 2006, 09:51:06 AM
Maybe higher in the rankings but the Hogs will go to the Sugar Bowl, which is next best bowl from the Championship!

I don't have a dog in this hunt but it sure sounds alot like 1st loser    lo

KennyP

Go Hogs Go. One more year of this  :'( and then maybe LSU will get a QB. I don't care if you can throw the ball to the moon, but if your WR is at the 20 and you throw the ball to the end zone, I'm not impressed.

KennyP
Sit Down, Shut Up, and Hang On....We Gone Fishin'

BassBUFF

Quote from: brent on November 30, 2006, 09:51:06 AM

We've been there, done that too many times lo! Looking for Roses this year.

Swede

Arkansas-Florida Preview 

Florida has a shot to play for the national title - even if it's a slim shot.

However, the fourth-ranked Gators still need to clear one major hurdle to even have a chance.

The Gators face No. 8 Arkansas in the SEC championship game in Atlanta on Saturday, with the Razorbacks still smarting after seeing their national championship hopes fade away.

For the Gators (11-1, 7-1) to sneak into the BCS title game on Jan. 8 in Glendale, Ariz., several things have to happen. Florida - which is fourth in the BCS standings this week - has to hope UCLA can beat No. 2 USC on Saturday. Then the Gators have to beat the Razorbacks and hope that is enough to jump ahead of No. 3 Michigan, which only has one loss - to No. 1 Ohio State.

The Gators are being realistic about their chances, but have to be careful to avoid looking past Arkansas (10-2, 7-1), which was in the hunt until a 31-26 loss to LSU last Friday ended its chances of playing for the national title.

''I think the BCS has done the best they possibly could in a very difficult situation,'' Florida coach Urban Meyer said. ''For anybody who thinks logically, it's not the best system, but it's probably the best at this time.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/previews/2006/12/02/35576_preview.html
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

tgraham

I will tell you it is going to be a tough game. If the run defense can contain McFadden and make DIck throw the ball we have a chance!

GO GATORS

Mike Noble

Yeah, yeah, yeah Brent.  But the little piggies...no matter where they end up...LOST TO LSU.  ~roflmao
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Warpath

I think you guys should stop worrying about this JV football game and root for the Buckeyes.

;D

Eric

Mike Noble

The Buckeyes just better hope they get someone else other than Michigan in the Championship game...don't think they could get lucky twice in one year.  ~roflmao
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Lipripper

Buckeyes who  lo lo It should be a good game and so will Michigan wind up playing them again for the title.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Warpath

I didn't see anything lucky about beating them the first time.  Even my mother was worried.  She called in the third quarter to let me know they were going to win. 

Michigan doesn't deserve another shot.  Bring on the Gators or the Trojans.  They deserve their chance, whoever it might be.

Eric

Lipripper

Eric what's the matter you think Michigan would beat them the second time around  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

mary dean

Warpath

The loser of the first game usually has an advantage psychologically over the winner.  I'm not one of those OSU homers who thinks UM sucks.  I hope they win whatever BCS bowlgame they go to.  I hate ND.  Plain and simple.  Hate them , hate them, hate them.  Join a conference, you Domers!

Eric

Mike Noble

Quote from: mary dean on November 30, 2006, 04:10:39 PM
Woooooo Pig Sooooie! ~c~

I don't think they were saying that too much in the LOSS last week.  ~roflmao  GEAUX Tigers!!!
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

FiveAlive

I'm figgerin' on the porkers winnin' this 'un  :fishy ~gator
Chasin' the dream.

ʇuǝɹq™

Quote from: Mike Noble on November 30, 2006, 02:32:01 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah Brent.  But the little piggies...no matter where they end up...LOST TO LSU.  ~roflmao

It sucks they lost to LSU, but if LSU had a GOOD coach, there would be no question that they would SMOKE OSU.  LSU is the most talented team in the country, and they SHOULD be undefeated, but HAHAHA they aint so they will be watching the SEC Championship from their house!

bassmaster350

Quote from: Lipripper on November 30, 2006, 04:07:10 PM
Eric what's the matter you think Michigan would beat them the second time around  lo lo

lip ill have to disagree on that one i kno football and watch ever bit of it....the buckeyes would have there defense together all the way by the time the national championship game gets here....caz Hart can be stopped but Troy Smith cant.....caz he showed to many times in that game that he can get outta jams and make big plays one after another

Created by Bartholomew Hawg Bass

Warpath

I honestly think that this year was the easiest year to rank the teams.  Sorry, but OSU came in #1 and they're still #1.  The difference between OSU and UM was slight, as is the difference between OSU, UM, and USC.  Everyone else in the top ten just seemed to be a little better than average.

I can't see anyone other than UM or USC giving OSU a game this year. 

Eric

ʇuǝɹq™

Quote from: Warpath on November 30, 2006, 09:36:18 PM
I honestly think that this year was the easiest year to rank the teams.  Sorry, but OSU came in #1 and they're still #1.  The difference between OSU and UM was slight, as is the difference between OSU, UM, and USC.  Everyone else in the top ten just seemed to be a little better than average.

I can't see anyone other than UM or USC giving OSU a game this year. 

Eric

Quote from: bassmaster350 on November 30, 2006, 08:31:08 PM
lip ill have to disagree on that one i kno football and watch ever bit of it....the buckeyes would have there defense together all the way by the time the national championship game gets here....caz Hart can be stopped but Troy Smith cant.....caz he showed to many times in that game that he can get outta jams and make big plays one after another
!

Ummmm...okay, and I'm sure you guys said the same stuff about USC last year.  Lets jump on the OSU bandwagon!!!

Like I said before, if LSU had a GOOD coach, you guys would be saying this about them.  Their defense is TOUGH!  Nothing like OSU will ever see.  Michigan could find out in the Rose Bowl.

skeeter jones

I don't understand how when the number 2 team gets beat by the #1 team how that changes the rankings and makes you # 3.  I think UM should still be #2.. I'm not a fan of UM it just seems like the right thing for any team in that position.  Go ~gator.. Have to pull for them grew up in Florida.   Hogs have made a big turn around this year and have been impressive until they played LSU.  We have the same thing going on here in the Big 12 Sooners beat by Texas but Sooners go to championship.  Injuries at the end of the season always cost you and will tell you if you have a good team or a couple of super stars.  The Sooners lost AD petterson and won with out him.  It seems like every year there should be one more game to determine the champ.  I don't think it was the case last year.  This year you have some teams with the same record and some sort of mathematical equation determines your standing

Warpath

Brent,

I guess I disagree with you on Les Miles.  I think he's a great coach.  95% of the colleges in D-1A football would love to have him.  I think LSU's issue is they don't play consistently on offense, which is a direct correlation to the QB.  Russell seems to pull a rabbit out of his hat every once in awhile, but he isn't as consistent as a Troy Smith has become. 

We heard the same thing about UM's defense.  No one could run on them.  Their front four would terrorize OSU.  Blah Blah Blah.  The thing about OSU this year is there is very little talk and a whole lot of action.  They are as focused as I have every seen a college football team.  The fans are a totally different story, but thats a whole other ball game. 

I went to a fishing seminar last night wearing an OSU hat, and a guy asked me if I thought it was a foregone conclusion that OSU would win the national championship.  I'm a bit of a realist.  They could lose to USC.  Maybe even UM if they played again (which I am totally against).  Most of the other teams, save for maybe FLA if they win this week, really have no claim to even playing the Bucks this year.  Everyone wants a playoff.  We just had an 11 or 12 game playoff.  If you don't show up week after week, you run the risk of beng left out.

Eric

ʇuǝɹq™

Quote from: Warpath on December 01, 2006, 06:36:24 AM
Brent,

I guess I disagree with you on Les Miles.  I think he's a great coach.  95% of the colleges in D-1A football would love to have him.  I think LSU's issue is they don't play consistently on offense, which is a direct correlation to the QB.  Russell seems to pull a rabbit out of his hat every once in awhile, but he isn't as consistent as a Troy Smith has become. 

When all of Nick Sabans boys graduate, We'll see how great he is...of course I MAY EAT MY WORDS...we'll see...but I dont think so

KennyP

Brent, I am a LSU boy and I am sure you will not eat your words. Les is not Saban. He is a good coach, but no Saban. LSU will not have a team until they get a new QB. We let a great QB go to Tenn and he turned around and beat us last year. go figure

KennyP
Sit Down, Shut Up, and Hang On....We Gone Fishin'

Chris

Bubblegum

mike you said a mouthfull,A TIGER CAN WHUP,CLEAN & EAT A HOG ANYTIME,AS A MATTER OF FACT THEY DID.
                                               DON 
And Jesus calling them to him said, suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not for such is the Kingdom of God.