Your Favorite Lake in Arkansas

Started by mary dean, November 16, 2006, 04:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAFisherman

Lake Monticello hands down!  There is a little pressure on it all the time but we catch at least 20 good fish everytime we go out, and that's often.  My parents live less than 5 mins from it and I go with my dad every chance I get. 

BTW, 5 lbs.+ constitutes a good fish
Flippin & Pitchin

arbassangler78

"Armybassanglers" Support Defend Fish

breammaster

I'd have to say Monticello would be high on my list of good bass lakes.  Too bad I don't live very close to it but me and a buddy try to make it once a year if we can.  Millwood should be the lake but it does get a lot of pressure and a great place to tear up a boat down there!  Somehow with each years draw downs they must have forgot how to run their chainsaws to clear out the main boat runs :'(

Bassmomma

My favorite is Lake Ouachita I have a blast fishing with my family.... This is the best... I live between Lake Hamilton and Ouachita. My son likes Hamilton so we toss a coin... ~cf

skeeter96180

Cb1444

My vote would be for Lake Dardanelle

BallTongue

I know this is an old thread, but someone resurrected it so I will put my .02 in. My favorite lake would definitely have to be the stump-infested, prop-bending, outboard-destroying, trolling motor-eating Lake Conway. I can catch a limit of 2lb+ Crappie by 8am, then load the boat with LM and still be home for lunch. Well, if I don't have to take the boat by the shop on the way home!!
(C.J.)

loggerbrad

When I get a chance to visit my home state of Arkansas, I always try to fish Monticello.Just don't get to do it often enough >:(

I caught this one in late June or early July, I believe in 2008. Not 100% sure on the date.She weighed in at 10 lbs even.

david495

millwood a lot now with the new size reg.

ʇuǝɹq™

I've been wanting to come up and hit Millwood, but I'm in love Gillam Lake just a few more miles up the road.

RazorCat

Millwood is my home lake.  Just a 20-25 minute drive to 71 Landing from my house.  I mainly fish up river. Yarborough is a little further down the road.  If they would ever make some much needed repairs and improvements to Jack's Isle landing it would be the only place I would in.  I can always hope.
Millwood is still a good lake, but has been mis-managed, or should I say "not managed at all" for years by the Corp and AGFC.  Draw it down, fill it up, draw it down, fill it up.  Repeat.  Anyone who fishes it knows what little (or nothing) that's done to improve the fishing.  And clear some damn boat lanes while you have it on drawdown. 
Gillham is a lake I'm dying to fish again.  Been years.

2007 Sabre FTD
2007 Mercury 150 Optimax

Dark3

Not to thread jack but I would GREATLY appreciate if a couple guys could pm me about what it is like living in arkansas. Especially the hot springs and surrounding areas. Cost of living, jobs, taxes, and just the overall quality of life. I'm a soldier looking to put down roots and transition out of the milirary. Thank you and moderater feel free to delete thread after a couple days or if I am out of line.

BHubb

I'm looking forward to finding my favorite AR lake.  Will be reviewing this thread often and making a list of lakes to visit, just have 36 more days and I'll be retiring joining the family outside of Little Rock.  I'm stoked about seeing what "The Natural State" has in store. 

RazorCat

Millwood because its close to Texarkana. 
Good fishing most months out of the year, and a great lake for Froggin' and crankbaits. 
Fish Greeson when the water is up a little above normal.  Little, if any, pressure from LM Bass fishing.   
Would love to try Monticello, Erling, and DeGray one day.  And I'm currently looking for a house on Hamilton or Catherine.  Both great fishing lakes that very little pressure.  And Catherine has Walleye too.
2007 Sabre FTD
2007 Mercury 150 Optimax

swark_BigE

It's a tie between three! Erling, Milwood, and nimrod when I can make my way up there! All three are awesome lakes!

Beagle

Ive wondered about monticello myself. Im not to far. thanks for the info.

Pacific NW Ron

Mine would be Norfork Lake in North central AR.  Large deep lake with many species available.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Beagle

Very cool Pacific. I'm from Louisiana and don''t know much about the deep bite. Guess I'm going to have to learn.

Lee Smith

Quote from: Beagle on October 02, 2018, 02:37:57 PM
Ive wondered about monticello myself. Im not to far. thanks for the info.
Monticello is fun, especially in the winter because it's still warm from the plant, or used to be.

But Milwood is AWESOME!!!  ;D Used to make a good extra livin' off that lake!!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods