Your Favorite Lake in Mississippi

Started by cg, November 18, 2006, 08:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cg

Calling Panther Lake

Size: 500 acres
Location: From Crystal Springs, MS take Hwy. 51 South. Go 1.3 miles turn right on Georgetown St. Go 1.1 miles turn left on New Zion Rd. Go 5.1 miles turn left on Gaddy Ln. Go 1.8 miles turn left on Lake Entrance Rd.
Nearest Town: Crystal Springs
Facilities: Boat Ramp
Skiing: Wednesday and Sunday Noon to Sunset
Lake Manager: Kallum Herrington
Phone: (601) 835-3050

Posted by CLIFF PERSICK
              LIBERTY, MS

xpress115

I would have to go with calling panther right now

bclemms

priester008

Natchez State Park.  Home of the State Record.

BassinLisa

Beaver dam Lake.In Tunica.It's where Nash Buckingham used to go.It's hot for Big Bass.Also ggod for crappie and bream.You just have to be a member of the hunting/fishin camp,or know somebody to go there.Luckily we know someone.

Lee Smith

Lake Eddins, It's freakin Awesome!!!!  Paul Elias lives on the lake and helps in the management, nuff said!

Cya on the water,
Lee
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

00-express

Lake Columbia. Small lake, little pressure, HUGE bass.

smith6673

riverrat57

Gulfport Lake  ~c~      NOT!!!!!!  :-* :-* Land Fill !!!!!!!! >:( ^-^ ~xyz ~rant :'( ;D

JuneBugFinesse87

Calling Panther is a beautiful lake, but right now my favorite has to be Turkey Fork Lake in Greene county a federal funded lake that they have taken great care of. Calling panther Lake was not to good to us on my first and only trip a few weeks ago but hot water temps and no wind at all contributed to that i was with my dad and an old family friend who both are great tournament anglers and we caught 7 all  day (but they were quality fish.) Cant wait to give it another try soon but its a skip from south mississippi ha ha.

Bubba_Bruiser

I have been hanging on Waller lately, but I like Okhissa too.
Have you been convicted lately? Think about it.

cherwaty

lake edins! im fishin in the tournament there next saturday. i like all the structure its got and paul elias lives and fishes there too

Lee Smith

Quote from: cherwaty on March 28, 2011, 11:34:28 PM
lake edins! im fishin in the tournament there next saturday. i like all the structure its got and paul elias lives and fishes there too

Will be ther first year I have missed in a long time.  The volunteer fireman really appreciate the help and KNOW how to put on a tourny.  Glad they are back up and running.  Let us know how you do!  I live in Meridian and fish Team Trails, Luters, ABA and the weekend series (when my health allows), send me a pm and we'll hit the river sometime.

djdup76

bhc4aub

Lee Smith

Quote from: bhc4aub on March 20, 2012, 10:54:40 PM
Aberdeen lake on the tenn-tom

Man, I gotta get up with you!!!  Have one tourny each year on Aberdeen, get my butt kicked every time!

Glad to have you on UB!

Bjpettway

Favorite lake in MS has to be chotard lake on the ms river north of Vicksburg. Can't beat it when the river is falling. People say its best when water is low but found that it's fishable even when high. Best time is when river is at 6tenths fall. Great place to load the boat!

Oldrangerrat

Quote from: Bjpettway on April 06, 2012, 09:30:09 AM
Favorite lake in MS has to be chotard lake on the ms river north of Vicksburg. Can't beat it when the river is falling. People say its best when water is low but found that it's fishable even when high. Best time is when river is at 6tenths fall. Great place to load the boat!
B j, we fished Chotard  7/7/3 Media River Division. Eighteen boats, one limit caught in Chotard that weighed12.55# . My partner and I won with13.25 #. We ran up river to another oxbow. 5.6# was linker and also 5 th place. The whole Miss. River system in this part of the country is suffering.

Triton9918

Quote from: Lee Smith on May 24, 2007, 07:32:36 PM
Lake Eddins, It's freakin Awesome!!!!  Paul Elias lives on the lake and helps in the management, nuff said!

Cya on the water,
Lee

Fished this lake several times and it is great. A friend of mine caught one just under 13 lbs. my best there was a little over 7 lbs

Polaris425

Only got to fish Calling Panther once, it opened shortly before I moved back to Alabama.

We fished Eagle Lake a lot early on in our move to Vicksburg.

Those are really the only public waters I fished while we were there. So if I had to pick a favorite, I guess I'd have to stick with Eagle Lake, considering it was the one we fished the most. Not a popular choice I know but, again, we didnt really fish much while we were in Mississippi, we got on a hunting kick.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.