Your Favorite Lake in North Carolina

Started by NC Buck, December 01, 2006, 09:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC Buck

Is this the correct site to enter the contest?  Hope so .  Here is my entry:
Favorite Lake:  Albemarle Sound
Launch Site:  Pembroke Fishing Center, Edenton North Carolina,  Phone number:  252.482.5343  web site:  http://www.pembrokefishingcenter.net

aa

CrazyWhiteBo

NC Buck

Gman

I like Lake Norman. I seem to always do real well there. I also like Lake Rhodhiss seems the fish are always bitin there lol.
!!Garrett Toney Outdoors!!
www.toneyoutdoors.com

country_jon

I'm going to have to go with Kerr Lake on this one. I've had some great fishing experiences there.

CBass

Buggs Island, fishing is good, but it's easy to get away from the crowds of the Yadkin lakes and municapls during the summer.

Bubbalunk

bassnman30

Tuckertown, can be great fishing. I live close to Highrock but man it can be tough.

Jdaddy

I love lake Tillery, lots of boat docks, submerged trees,  prime rose, grass, coves, anything BASS like and anglers love.
Lately I've been fishing shearon Harris which is a great lake for very large mouth but you need to know where to go.
There are many people who fished for years and can not catch crap there but soon after you graph it and find the dig drop off points and big flats you will catch 8-9lb'er every time.

CaptChaos86

I am very fond of Lake Norman been fishing it all of my life and know a few secret little hotspots. I have very fond memories of fishing with my grandpa and dad on that lake, and have also pulled some monster bass from there.

zooker

i fish the yadkin chain. favorite lake is easy badin..

zooker
member of the yadkin chain gang

Simoniz

Yadkin chain for me as well but I love Norman too.  It all depends on time of year for me. 

BGALLIM105

Belews Lake has become a great lake to fish.  That is, except for the summer months.  The Ski traffic is terrible in the summer. 

Raincloud36

~cf
Being in High Point there are a lot of lakes around but my favorite is Badin with Tillary a close second.

Jdaddy

I'm going to Tillery tomorrow, its my #1 lake, I was hoping to try Badin, never been there but heard its great.
Next time you on Tillery and see a Red/Black Triton going fast raise your hand and say hey.  lo

bassnman30

Jdaddy,
P.M. me and I'll give some tips about Badin. You may wish to try them or you may wish to say to yourself I'll pass that spot up, for various reasons.

[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

trncel

Lake Thom-A-Lex because its close to my work place hehe :) ~cf

bassnman30

I also like old city lake in Lexington. You can't have a trailer or an outboard motor. I have to use my old Bass hunter boat and drag it to the water.
There is no pressure towards the bass and I've probably caught enough 5 lbers to fill the bed of a pick up truck.
The only problem is that they put up a cut off telephone pole to keep people from putting the trailered boats in and it's hard to go around with a pickup.

Froggtog

I would have to say Roanoke river from Plymouth to Weldon NC.
I have lost and won many tournaments on that river.
Told my wife to cremate me when I die and throw me in at Weldon so I can drift out to the sound. v~
Never argue with idiots, They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

slickchilt

I would say Hyco. Awesome in winter and good in summer.
Mike C.

Brighty

1olcountryboy

I'll have to go with Lookout Shoals. It's a small riverine lake with largely undeveloped shorelines...at least until the last couple of years. ~xyz I catch a lot of fish in the 5# range, and did well in local tournaments there when I still tournament-fished.

BCJrod

~gf Mt.Island is my alltime fav. i also like lake fisher
Keep them hooks wet!

hookinbass

I would have to say the best lake ive fished in north carolina would have to be Jordan Lake. I like the underwater stumps there, plus ive only fished Badin and Jordan so theres not much to choose from there......YET!
lookin' to hookin' bass

stymiejojunior

This is a no brainer. Phelps lake by far is my favorite. I've fished ky lake, pickwick, eufaula, kerr ,gaston,  and most every lake and river in nc as well as th potomac. Phelps is just a special lake. Th scenery is awsome, seen 10 bears and 1 giant rattlesnake in four trips this year. Th fishin can be tough but they easily average 3 to 3.5 lbs and i have caught a 9 and a 10. i like wading th south side in mid summer and usually have th lake nearly to myself. emergent grass beds, lily pads, cypress trees and a few docks. lake can get very rough so check th weather b4 leaving.
Shut up and fish