Your Favorite Lake in Texas

Started by AJ, November 15, 2006, 09:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lgetc

~cf My favorite lake is the one I can fish at, it really doesn't matter be it a creek, pond, river, lake if I can fish it I love it!! ;PEP)
The worst day fishing still
beats the best day working!!

cdsmith14

I also love Lake Granbury! Right behind is Ray Hubbard

Tubeflipper

I'm new to Lake Ray Hubbard...haven't really fished it yet.  Live outside of Rockwall, Texas. 
Any insight you can provide will be much appreciated.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Donald Garner

Tubeflipper

Check out the link below.  I believe it will provide you with some information.  You'll need to check it weekly as the fishing report is updated then.

Ray Hubbard Texas
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Tubeflipper

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

-Shawn-

I haven't fished it much, but most Hubbard tourneys are won in Boat houses or up the river.

Be careful in the River.  There are a lot of lower units laying around up there.

TexasBass70

Grew up fishing Toledo Bend (family camp near 6-mile) so, gotta be my favorite, but big Sam Rayburn runs a real close 2nd

Lipripper

Quote from: TexasBass70 on September 02, 2015, 11:53:44 AM
Grew up fishing Toledo Bend (family camp near 6-mile) so, gotta be my favorite, but big Sam Rayburn runs a real close 2nd
I fished the Bend one time and it got cold and windy and  ~rain and snowed on the way over from the center of Texas. lo lo I'm going back soon I hope.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

TexasBass70

Lipripper, T-bend will always be my lake... My grandfather bought our property up there before the lake was even at full pool, I learned to fish there & spent much of my childhood catching bass, crappie & catfish up there.

Now T-Bend has been named #1 on Bassmaster's 100 Best Bass Lakes of 2015 and I can't be happier, the lake is in awsome shape and the fishing has been good for us this year, so far

Hope you can make it to T-Bend soon

Lipripper

Quote from: TexasBass70 on September 02, 2015, 01:31:49 PM
Lipripper, T-bend will always be my lake... My grandfather bought our property up there before the lake was even at full pool, I learned to fish there & spent much of my childhood catching bass, crappie & catfish up there.

Now T-Bend has been named #1 on Bassmaster's 100 Best Bass Lakes of 2015 and I can't be happier, the lake is in awsome shape and the fishing has been good for us this year, so far

Hope you can make it to T-Bend soon
When I do I will look you up. ;D

TexasBass70

Lipripper

7TCU

1 Caddo
2 Toledo bend
3 Fork
4 Fort phantom
5 Clyde

SteveTX

FishWhisperer1972

No doubt Lake Fork

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

FishWhisperer1972

Quote from: ring fry on February 07, 2007, 02:05:28 PM
Fork, Purtis, Quitman, and most others in the same area.
Yep even lake Hawkins

FishWhisperer1972

Quote from: Baldybarton on April 13, 2012, 09:37:38 PM
My favorite has to be palistine, but just because I fish it the most.
It is nice to see people giving it some love!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grew up on Palestine ,know it like the back of my hand.

FishWhisperer1972

Local man caught a 17.43 here on Lake Fork last week fishing off his pier at 3 am.

Mike Cork

Quote from: FishWhisperer1972 on April 12, 2021, 08:31:39 AM
Local man caught a 17.43 here on Lake Fork last week fishing off his pier at 3 am.

Did he have one of those green lights?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

FishWhisperer1972

Quote from: Mike Cork on April 12, 2021, 08:39:12 AM
Quote from: FishWhisperer1972 on April 12, 2021, 08:31:39 AM

Did he have one of those green lights?
I'm not sure but he probably did. I just read the rules on that page you told me to post it in , so I gotta go find out a little more info about it. And re-post it. He's a young local guide here . I have myself caught fish around them , no more really than without them but some do swear by them.

Mike Cork

For the contest the fishing report has to be yours, or a tournament you fished so you can add current lake information. We'd all love to know what it takes to catch a big bass like that, but to win the rod it has to be your catches.

I heard their was a 15 plus caught just two weeks ago, the big girls are up shallow. Probably won't last much longer though...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

FishWhisperer1972

Quote from: Mike Cork on April 12, 2021, 08:46:54 AM
For the contest the fishing report has to be yours, or a tournament you fished so you can add current lake information. We'd all love to know what it takes to catch a big bass like that, but to win the rod it has to be your catches.

I heard their was a 15 plus caught just two weeks ago, the big girls are up shallow. Probably won't last much longer though...
Yes sir the big tournament was won with a 15 something a couple weeks ago .

FishWhisperer1972

Quote from: FishWhisperer1972 on April 12, 2021, 08:53:12 AM
Quote from: Mike Cork on April 12, 2021, 08:46:54 AM

Yes sir the big tournament was won with a 15 something a couple weeks ago .

We've been having alot of 9-10's coming out of here lately . I haven't had alot of time lately to go myself unfortunately and I can damn near cast in the water from my door. Just been super busy .