Your Favorite Lake in Washington

Started by Yellow Bear, December 12, 2006, 11:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellow Bear

My favorite lake would be Potholes Res. Located in the central Basin of Washington State.
Mar Dons Resort is the place to stay.
The Resort has a full line of Tackle or you can find what you need at "Mike's Bait and Tackle" in Moses Lake.
For information,contact mardonresort.com or call (1-800-416-2736 toll free) or (509-346-2651)
YellowBear
Life member NAFC
Research Angler

Good luck and be safe

islandbass

Hi there! I've heard great things about Potholes. Never been there myself. I guess my favorite would be the one closest to home, Steel Lake in King County. I think I am the only one there who targets bass. ~roflmao

If I had a boat, I'd fish Lakes Washington, Samammish and Silver Lake.

-ib, fellow Washingtonian. ~rain
ARX - IB's Daughter on BC Reels:
"Papi! I like this reel. It is so much easier to use than the other one (the spinning reel) and it is more fun to use too." Now all I can say to that is this;
"That's my little girl!"

catfish83861

My vote for favorite would be Brian Lake which is below Lower Granite Dam on the Snake. Nice fishing for Smallies and for sturgeon. Lots of perch and some nice catfish. OK, yea I know its a Bass Fishing site  ;D. I just like to fish  :). 99.9 % of what I catch goes right back into the water so it really doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it fights good. Sure do like my Smalley fishing though. Not very good at it yet but am learning. :-* Anyone that wants to give this old retarded I mean retired Sailor some hints I know how to listen. ;D   catfish

Yellow Bear

I used to spend a lot of time down at Lower Granite.That was back when the Snake was just about the only water that held Smallies in Eastern Washington.As a matter of fact we fished it before the dam was there.Jigs and Crankbaits work real well down there.1/16th or 1/8th oz black Maribou jig with a 4 inch split tail eel was what we used most.
YellowBear
Life member NAFC
Research Angler

Good luck and be safe

woody1

My favorite lake has to be Banks Lake, great fishing for smallies and LM's and a gorgeous lake too!  But that's a once a year trip.  I don't know if resevoirs count, but it is called a lake, Lake Wallula, which is the resevoir above McNary, it's close and great smallies!

Woody1

hooked82

My new favorite lake(reservoir) is now Potholes, as I just got back from there on vacation.  My favorite western washington lakes would have to be Big Lake, Lake Stevens, and Sammamish.  I still need a little work on Sammamish though, as I'm still a newbie to that lake :)

pitchnboy

Im a Silver Lake guy, i love that lake...its also my home lake as well.

pitch
"Flippn 'N' Pitchn is always the solution" Casey Capps (me)

"Never Give Up" Mike Iaconelli

calincalif50

After seeing this thread for the first time, I'm inclined to ask what lakes are the around the SEATAC area.  Was thinking of moving there in the next few yrs when the elderly lady we take care of passes on to a better place.  You might be inclined to say don't come to Washington to a person from Calif, but in all honesty I'm only here because its where I was when I retired from the Air Force, would rather be near Idaho where I grew up.  Wife would desperaely like to live near, and i do mean NEAR the water.

On average how many fishing days per year could you expect to fish in the SEATAC area?

QuantumRONandReel

Aint gonna be much fishing near SeaTac... closest lake to SeaTac is Lake Meridian in Kent.  Lake Sawyer is a good lake located East of SeaTac in Black Diamond but if your going to go that far you may as well hit Lake Washington or Lake Samammish two of the best fishing lakes this side of the state.

bavnuts88

Im a newby here(from Cali, but been here for over 3 years) but my fav lake in Warshington has to be Terrell up near Bellingham. A close second I guess would be Goodwin or Big.

loon30

For all those Silver Lake guys~
What seems to be the trick for catching bass here in early springtime? I'm new to the area, fished it last year in the summer/fall and did o.k. I just can't seem to find what the hype of the lake is. Any suggestions?

tike

Tough question! Will do a few by county: Silver,Cowiltz/ Offut,Thurston/ Steilacoom,Pierce/ Sammamish,King/ Red Rock, Grant. To name a few!!

DanielR

Potholes Reservoir - Gave me my personal best largemouth and smallmouth all in one trip. We'll be camping there this summer!

Skimpy253

I fish mostly the Pierce and Thurston county lakes
Please Subscribe to my Channel
www.YouTube.com/ThatGuySkimpy

Ditch Pickler

Not sure how many people on here live in Wa. But I figured I'd share some lakes that produce big bass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdChNM3Nla8&feature=youtu.be Ow

Not sure if this is the proper place for this. If not, please delete. Thanks

Pacific NW Ron

Good to see another member from Washington.  Welcome to UB.  This is a great site.
We have some good lakes down here in Skagit county too so I don't get up to Whatcom very often.
Bass fishing in Western Washington has been an under fished fisheries for years but it's getting more popular every year.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

bigjim5589

Yes, Welcome to Ultimate Bass!  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

It's not the right forum to post that information, but no harm! We'll get it moved so it gets better exposure to folks who can make the best use of it!  ~gf

Thanks for posting it!  ;D
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Mike Cork

I'm going to move this to the Washington Board in the stickied thread at the top of the fishing reports section.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service