recoommend me a good crankbait or two

Started by 327, January 10, 2005, 09:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sporoller

A ton of good advice here, you can't go wrong with any of it. I do want to add that I like the Sisson's Slim Willy for shallow water. It dives to around 18" or so and has tremendous wobble. In the colder water it isn't what you are looking for but something to try as the water warms up.

Just more stuff to buy! Welcome to the world of crankbaits!!!!

OHbassaholic

I believe I mentioned before that I really like the DT series from Rapala.  But, has anyone used that new DT4 yet?  I'm a little leary of this one since it doesn't appear to be of the same design as the others.  I think I'm going to wait to see some reports of people using them b4 I get one.

bass1cpr

The DT6 DT10 and DT16 are good baits. Haven't tried the DT4 yet but I will get at least one to tryout.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

sporoller

DT4? Guess I have been under a rock for too long, never knew they came out with that. Good thing I have to work a boat show this weekend, I will have to get one or two for testing purposes!

OHbassaholic, I will let you know my opinion of them (or better yet, the fish's opinion)

OHbassaholic

You haven't been under a rock that long since they are new for 2005.  They were mentioned in the last ICAST report. 

I look forward to seeing reports on this lure.  You never know, after I get a chance to see one up close I may just go ahead and buy one to try anyway.  You know how that goes...

sporoller

That is why I am just going to buy one (or two, or three.....) because I won't kid myself! Those afflicted with the bass fishing disease are prone to buying things just because they are new!

OHbassaholic

Yep.  We all live in the bassaholic ward that is nicknamed UltimateBass.  No quarantine's allowed because we WANT it to spread.

bass1cpr

That's a good one OHB it might be catching.  ~c~
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

I for one cant wait for the water to warm up some. I actually caught some fish on a buzzbait this past weekend, but then the temp got too low :\
Here's to spring!

Javelin 409

Bomber flat A's work well for me in cooler water, tight wobble.
Firetiger, shad, crawdad and baby bass.

tight lines

DAWG

Better watch that word Ward , the voices may start talking in someones head again.

OHbassaholic

Quote from: Javelin 209 on February 22, 2005, 03:09:02 PM

Bomber flat A's work well for me in cooler water, tight wobble.
Firetiger, shad, crawdad and baby bass.

tight lines

I figure on trying out some of the Bandit Flat Maxxlures this year.  They have some good color/patterns to pick from.

Steve Barnett

A good line of crankbaits for the money is the StrikeKing Series.  Try the Series 1XS (Big shallow square lip), Series 3(small) and Series 5 (Deep).  We have a lot of success here on Pickwick with them for both smallmouth and largemouth.  The preferred colors here are Watermelon Shad, Chartreuse Rootbeer, Grey Char. Crawfish.
The Series 3 has become the standard crank around here for a small crankbait.

Good Luck
Steve Barnett
Booneville MS
Steve Barnett
Booneville MS

Ronnie Broussard

3 baits I won't leave home without, rat-l-trap - silver/black, baby 1minus - siver/black and/or firetiger, and last but not least, a suspending bomber long A in golden shinner.  ~gf

Richard Cooper

I have a few brands or companies to recommend, norman is an outstanding company especially in the deep diving crank category (dd22)  Thundershad is an awesome shallow and medium diving crankbait, these go through brush with ease.  you might also want to check out t clark custom lures for some with custom paint jobs, or to get yours painted, they do an awesome job.  I havent tried them yet, but rick clunn designed a shallow running crankbait with bass pro and lucky craft that looks really good.  I hope this helps.
Richard Cooper

Kistler Rods, Albackore Tackle Storage, Kidlizard Bait Company, Tripple Fish Lines

fishforfree

Give me the option of only one lure to slip in my carry-on bagand it would be a

Luhr-Jensen Speed Trap, 1/8 ounce, crystal crawdad.  Anywhere, anytime.

Fish On

One company that I love is Bomber- there crawdad colors
Alluringbaits.com        Fish307.com             Protackle.net
Boatboys.com            Furryfishbaits.com    Sunrizetackle.com    cbshawgsauce.com  
Secretweaponlures.com         Pourboyplastics.com