Addition to the Legend team...

Started by OHRiverRat, February 12, 2007, 03:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHRiverRat

It looks like you Legend fans got one of my Ohio boys!!

I think that you'll be pleased with Frank and all that he brings to the table
Got this from Bassfan.com

Scalish's big switch 2/9/2007

BassFans may recall that Bassmaster Elite Series pro Frank Scalish was one of the anglers left without a ride after Stratos cut most of its pro staff late last year. At that time, he said he was looking heavily at Legend. BassFan confirmed this morning that Scalish has signed with Legend, and also that he swapped his Yamaha for a Mercury. He picked up a rod sponsor too.

"The truth of the matter is, Legend Boats came to me before the end of (last) season," he said. "At that time, I had to decline because I was with Stratos, but (Legend owner and president) Dean Smith said if anything ever happened, to call him. When Stratos pulled the plug, I called, and true to his word, he worked with me and we put together a great deal. And when I had to leave Yamaha, he was responsible for opening the door with another motor line, which was Mercury. Now I'll be running a 250 Pro XS, which is the best motor on the market. I'm just really excited."

Why'd Scalish "have" to leave Yamaha – a company he'd been with for a long time? "Yamaha wasn't dealing with Legend Boats, and basically, I had a choice to make," he said. "I've been with Yamaha for a lot of years, and a lot of my decisions on the boat brands I ran were based on Yamaha. Legend's where I want to be – these guys are straight-up, they listen to you, and they're small enough that you don't get lost in the cracks – so I thought maybe it was time to change and do a complete makeover. So I did, with no regrets."

He added that he was able to work with Legend on his boat build to add some custom features, like an extra bilge pump, extra oxygenators, and flush-mounted Lowrance units in the bow and console.

His wrap this year will be the same as last year – OSI Pro Series sealants, a sponsorship that he said is "still like a dream come true" – but he'll be fishing with new sticks. "I signed with Powell rods, and that was really exiting to me. They're really lightweight. We put them on a balance beam against four other major high-end brands, and our rods came up lighter on all accounts. I also like the action, and the way the rods bend – they're not too soft, but just right."
Optimum Baits Pro Staff     http//www.optimumbaits.com

Warpath

Cool!

I just wish Frank some success away from Lake Erie.  That guy could catch a smallmouth in a puddle at any ramp on Lake Erie.  He won't be the only Legend boat owner in Ohio for very long.  The Legend boat is in the top two for my new fiberglass ride for next year.

Eric

Mike Cork

This is great news for Legend and Frank they both have a lot to offer each other and Bass Fishing :toot:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BassBUFF

Another great name signs with Legend, WOOHOO ~c~!

CJ Basser8

Frank is a good guy......watch out for him when the Elite Series comes to Erie this year!!

Warpath

He'll win it if Jon Bondy doesn't win it.

Eric

CJ Basser8

Both of them have a good shot at it!!

Eric- you gonna go to the Elite when it comes this summer?

Warpath

I doubt I will make it up to Buffalo for the Elite Series.  I'd like to, but I'm kind of swamped as far as tourneys go now.  I would like to fish as a co-angler in one of those types of events, but I'm not even sure which ones you can actually fish anymore.  Some of them, you can only "observe" from the back of the boat.

Okay, if I want to observe someone from the back of the boat, I'm going to go with the WBT.  Better view from back there.  I heard Lisa Craig's boat is looking for an observer!

Hubba Hubba Hubba!

Eric