Lake Anna late March.

Started by Bony Tony, February 15, 2007, 07:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bony Tony

Hi all VA-ers :)

Got a Tx coming up on the 17th of March on Lake Anna. Never been myself so I'll be going in blind. We plan on prefishing the 3rd. Anyone got some tips they don't mind giving up? I'm working on preparing myself for fishing slow (which I hate) since the water temps are gonna still be pretty low. Jigs and drop shots are on the list. What are some good early spring patterns for the lake? Thanks!!!

4_7Spot

haven't fished virginia much. but from my experience from fishing in colorado with cold water temps(lower 40's) in early spring, I would stick with the jig, hard jerkbait, and i would definately have a fluke tied on in glimmer blue pattern if the water has good clarity. I have experimented with slow rolling heavy spinnerbaits in early spring also, haven't caught many fish doing this but the ones i have caught have been 5lb plus fish while in kentucky. Don't over look deep diving crankbaits. I hope you have a great tournament. Let me know how you do. Once I get settled in I'll be looking for a good bass club.

Dont forget the FLUKE!

Mike

Bony Tony

That was pretty much the plan, we'll see how it goes. I'll prolly end up throwing a jig all day. Unless someone chimes in with another pattern they know the VA bass like :)

BeetleSpinQueen

try senkos on brush piles worked slow on carolina rig or texas rigged with weight fish will be deep

bassdaddyo

I've never fished there sorry to be of little help.  ~c~GOOD LUCK anyhow. Please post how you do and what pattern you found. Thanks!
shore fishin's better than no fishin.

VA Bass

Also suspspending jerk baits will work - what section will you be fishing do you know?  The upper can be quite stained and a lot of guys like some of the clown patterns
Brian

Basscat7

Quote from: Bony Tony on February 15, 2007, 07:33:27 PM
Hi all VA-ers :)

Got a Tx coming up on the 17th of March on Lake Anna. Never been myself so I'll be going in blind. We plan on prefishing the 3rd. Anyone got some tips they don't mind giving up? I'm working on preparing myself for fishing slow (which I hate) since the water temps are gonna still be pretty low. Jigs and drop shots are on the list. What are some good early spring patterns for the lake? Thanks!!!

Is the tournament launching out of Sturgeon Creek Marina ?
Golf is for guys whose wife's won't let them buy a bass boat

g3mike

shoot me an email and i will help you out. i live 35 minutes from there. if your fishing the 3rd i may be out on the water and could maybe show you around.
one note on tackle to bring. the lake is broken into 3 parts- upper (cold) middle(not so cold)
and down (descent) anna reactor keeps the lower lake warmer 49 as of this morning and real clear, the upper lake was only 40 this morning and is typically stained.

Bane

Hey Mike, Nice meeting you on saturday out on Anna, Saw the website for the marina saturday night...how depressing, seems we tried everything a little to late for trying to pattern them fish.