Ohio State Bass Fishing Information

Started by MotherNature, January 31, 2005, 09:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bman

Thanks OHbassaholic,  I might try to go up there before season goes out and flip up some of those fish in East Harbor!

Coonhound

Alright Bman...help me out here.

I went to try and check out Bass Lake on WPAFB last night, and the gate over there, 26C, was closed. How the heck do you get to it? Keep in mind i know diddly squat about WPAFB.
Matt
"People sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" Credited to George Orwell
Nervous B's Custom Hand Pours
Pics of Fish

Bman

What happen to SPRING :shocking: It's cold out there.
                                                           Bman

Mike Cork

Yeah, your winter blast pushed all the way down here. We hit the mid 40's this morning that is down right wrong for Louisiana :roll2:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

OHbassaholic

Temps start going back up tomorrow, thank God.

Coonhound

I certainly hope it does, OH. I've been starting to wonder which diety i've upset this time, to deserve February weather in April!  ~tumble

It did give me some time to get some garage piddling done on the boat, though. I  heard Sarah refer to me as "a master boat mechanic" while she was on the phone with her grandfather.  lo You know you've been having to do too much work to your boat when you hear something like that.  lo
Matt
"People sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" Credited to George Orwell
Pics of Fish

OHbassaholic

I reckon it's better than having folks say that you are feverish...

It was too long of a winter this year.  Cabin fever had a hold on me for too long.  I can tell by the amount of lures and gear I bought during that time.  I know I was really bonkers due to some of the color patterns.  At least I have an out in that I have a custom crankbait painter for a sponsor.  It's going to be a FULL box being sent out to him.

Coonhound

lo I hear ya about being feverish. This has been one LOOONG winter...what with the snow and all. It even made deer hunting hard, thus screwing up the only thing i look forward to in winter.  >:(

I'm also with you on the mass purchasing of lures. I've been catching myself buying crap i know i'll probably never even throw.  lo
Matt
Pics of Fish

Bman

I hope you guys bought a good rain suit.  You will needed it this week ~rain
                                                     Brian

OHbassaholic

You're not kidding!  Their showing storms hitting by Friday night.  I'm glad I have to work this w-end so I won't be out on the water with that lightning.

OHbassaholic

I noticed we lost this Ohio Chat thread somewhere along the line so figured I'd set it as a sticky for a little while.  If it gets used much we'll leave it stickied, if not, I'll let it drop away again.

Coonhound

Hey OHbassaholic, do yo work at the Dicks in Dublin, or was that someone else?

I was in Dublin for business the other day and had some time to kill so i stopped in. I goofed around for a bit but didn't see anyone that looked crazy enough to be a regular member here, so i didn't feel comfortable about asking.  ;) lo

They had some good prices on stuff on the clearance rack. They had some of the Diawa topwaters at about 50% off. Too bad i'd already spent my allowance.  :(
Matt
Pics of Fish

OHbassaholic

That's where I am employed.  I hate to tell folks I "work" there since the majority of my time is spent avoiding true "work".   ~shhh

Coonhound

lo

I feel ya. I was the guy in Army ACUs that was wandering around on Thursday morning shortly after opening. There was a rather attractive, taller girl working in the fishing area, and a dark haired dude working the hunting/shooting area.

I didn't see anyone with a beard like you have in your avatar pic, so i didn't say hi. Next time i have to go to Beightler Armory (which is too often it seems), i'll stop in again.
Matt
Pics of Fish

OHbassaholic

I had Thurs. off last week.  Sorry I missed you.  Next time you come to town, call 798-1111 at the store and ask for Blaise.  I have people tell me all the time that they just check the lot for my Astro with all the fishing decals on it.  In another month folks will just have to look for my Astro with the boat attached.  I plan on hitting a fishing hole every chance possible this season so she'll be going to work with me.

Warpath

Blaise, NEWS FLASH! 

You only live like five minutes from the store.

And I'm one of those people who drive by the store and look for the Astro van before ever venturing inside. 

Eric

OHbassaholic

Quote from: Warpath on February 26, 2007, 10:30:49 AM
Blaise, NEWS FLASH! 

You only live like five minutes from the store.

And I'm one of those people who drive by the store and look for the Astro van before ever venturing inside. 

Eric

...yeah but, I don't want to have to stop by the house to drop the boat AFTER being on the water and heading IN to work.  For some reason they prefer to have me around at closing time when we have more traffic than opening the store in the morning.  I'd rather "open" so I get to see the new stuff come in on the truck.  When I close, I have to walk the department to see what is new.  It's easier when I get to stock it myself.

Coonhound

I'll be in the Dublin area tomorrow around noon. Will you be at work, OHbassaholic?
Matt
Pics of Fish

OHbassaholic

I won't be in the store till 4pm Friday on a closing shift. 

shotie

Has anyone been doing anygood at Rockyfork ?? :help:

jsiders

ALL THOSE WHO FISH OHIO WATERS YOU NEED TO GO TO THE OHIO DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME AND FILL OUT A QUICK SUVREY WE ARE TRYING TO MAKE MORE LAKE WITH HP LIMITS TO MPH OR NO WAKE SO YOU COULD US YOUR BIG MOTOR AND WHEN A LAKE PERMIT IS FILED FOR A BASS TOURNAMENT THE LEGAL SIZE LIMIT IS LOWERED TO 12 IN . TO TAKE SOME OF THE PRESSURE OFF THE OTHER LAKE THAT ARE GETTING POUNDED. 

OHbassaholic

Quote from: jsiders on May 28, 2009, 12:46:00 PM
ALL THOSE WHO FISH OHIO WATERS YOU NEED TO GO TO THE OHIO DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME AND FILL OUT A QUICK SUVREY WE ARE TRYING TO MAKE MORE LAKE WITH HP LIMITS TO MPH OR NO WAKE SO YOU COULD US YOUR BIG MOTOR AND WHEN A LAKE PERMIT IS FILED FOR A BASS TOURNAMENT THE LEGAL SIZE LIMIT IS LOWERED TO 12 IN . TO TAKE SOME OF THE PRESSURE OFF THE OTHER LAKE THAT ARE GETTING POUNDED. 

There was quite a bit of talk about this at the ramp yesterday.  Most anglers were planning on taking this survey to have their opinions taken into account.  I'll have to check it out myself as well.

OHbassaholic